News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2016 Hopes & Dreams

Started by Concavenator, January 10, 2015, 12:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Concavenator on February 03, 2015, 07:43:16 PM
Yutyrannus,there would still be an issue with Nanuqsaurus.I don't think it'd be feathered.That's why,if I want to see any tyrannosaur,suggest it to CollectA.Their Bistahieversor and new Tyrannosaurus are awesome and feathered.
That is quite possible yes, but I think that Doug Watson would probably give it feathers if he were to sculpt one.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Concavenator

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 03, 2015, 08:27:53 PM
Yutyrannus,there would still be an issue with Nanuqsaurus.I don't think it'd be feathered.That's why,if I want to see any tyrannosaur,suggest it to CollectA.Their Bistahieversor and new Tyrannosaurus are awesome and feathered.
That is quite possible yes, but I think that Doug Watson would probably give it feathers if he were to sculpt one.
Not so sure either  :-X From the recently discovered tyrannosaurs(not counting Yutyrannus) I think we'll see a Qianzhousaurus,probably by Wild Safari.I'd like a feathered Gorgosaurus myself.

Fluffysaurus

papo
Dimorphodon
Gallimimus
Dinosauroid
Giant Sloth
Giant Moa
Terror bird.

Safari Ltd
Diplocaulus
Pteranodon
Feathered Dilophosaurus
Protoceratops

Carnegie
Protoceratops vs Feathered Velociraptor

Rebor
I know they didnt reveal this complete year but Well there you go.
Dimorphodon
Diplocaulus
Troodon
Stymoloch
Pachycephalosaurus
Maiasaura on nest with hatchlings
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Concavenator on February 03, 2015, 09:16:50 PM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 03, 2015, 08:27:53 PM
Not so sure either  :-X From the recently discovered tyrannosaurs(not counting Yutyrannus) I think we'll see a Qianzhousaurus,probably by Wild Safari.I'd like a feathered Gorgosaurus myself.
As would I :)

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

suspsy

I'd enjoy a CollectA Gorgosaurus and Yutyrannus. I'd also like to see CollectA replace their old Tarbosaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

sauroid

i'd like to see another brand make a Bistahieversor. (CollectA's paint job is just awful)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

suspsy

Don't know if you had bad luck with yours, but the paint job on mine looks fine. It's certainly superior to any of the current Battat models.

Meso-Cenozoic

Carnegie:
Jurassic overhaul -- new Apatosaurus, Allosaurus, Stegosaurus
Cretaceous overhaul -- new Triceratops, Parasaurolophus, Pteranodon

WS:
Placerias (to go with their ultra cool Postosuchus!)
Chasmosaurus
Pentaceratops
Feathered Utahraptor
Psittacosaurus (with quills)
Polacanthus
Nyctosaurus

CollectA (standard):
Feathered Gallimimus herd
Proceratops vs. Velociraptor
Ornitholestes
Coelophysis
Nothosaurus

CollectA (deluxe):
Shantungosaurus
Mapusaurus or Bahariasaurus

CollectA (supreme):
With this new XL line of figures, CollectA finally has the opportunity to do a really big sauropod! The bigger sauropods are usually represented in their Standard line. (Yes, I know there are a few exceptions like that abomination they call a Brachiosaurus and the chestless Jobaria.) Well, here's their chance to make a BIG one! I don't think it would take much more plastic since a lot of their mass is taken up by their necks and tails. Two that come to mind that are rarely represented in the dino toy lines are Barosaurus and Mamenchisaurus.<-- Cool!

Papo:
Giganotosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dracorex
Deinocheirus

Terra by Battat:
Centrosaurus
Irritator

Schleich:
If they keep going the direction they went this year with their two recent releases, I'll be pretty much happy to see whatever. Although, I wouldn't mind if they revisited their prehistoric marine life.

Bullyland:
Are they going to make any prehistoric figures next year, since they're not making any this year?

tanystropheus

Quote from: sauroid on February 04, 2015, 01:39:00 AM
i'd like to see another brand make a Bistahieversor. (CollectA's paint job is just awful)

Overall, it is a solid model....(but) the colors are tacky and really makes it look like a toy (or a Mister Softee popsicle)...I suppose the younger audiences will naturally translate into bigger sales. Thus, there is no tangible incentive for CollectA to change their color schemes.

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: tanystropheus on February 04, 2015, 06:36:18 AM

Overall, it is a solid model....(but) the colors are tacky and really makes it look like a toy (or a Mister Softee popsicle)...I suppose the younger audiences will naturally translate into bigger sales. Thus, there is no tangible incentive for CollectA to change their color schemes.

I also don't like that tuft of hair standing up on top of his head. It just seems like it was an afterthought that sticks out and doesn't quite fit.

And speaking of "Mister Softee" ;) , I hope they've corrected the plastic they used on their based dinos. None of mine are completely void of any warping. :P

John

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on February 04, 2015, 04:54:37 AM

Bullyland:
Are they going to make any prehistoric figures next year, since they're not making any this year?
First,Bullyland stops selling to as many countries (I know they stopped sending new items to stores in the U.S. at least) and now this year they don't release any prehistoric animals or dinosaurs at all...
I hope Bullyland isn't in trouble...I'd hate to see the end of any line out there.
And I would love to see the Carnegie Collection come out with everything you mention too. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

sauroid

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on February 04, 2015, 07:57:44 AM

I also don't like that tuft of hair standing up on top of his head. It just seems like it was an afterthought that sticks out and doesn't quite fit.

LOL i agree. it is so out of place and unwanted/unsightly
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tanystropheus

Quote from: sauroid on February 04, 2015, 08:06:27 AM
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on February 04, 2015, 07:57:44 AM

LOL i agree. it is so out of place and unwanted/unsightly

I honestly thought it was a topknot ponytail :-[

suspsy

See, I think the feathered crest looks fine. I figure the Bisti's raising it in order to intimidate a rival.

And it IS a toy. ;)

Shonisaurus

Schleich:
  a figure so precious to style kentrosaurus
new sculpture Shonisaurus
Papo (dinosaurs):
  giganotosaurus, ceratosaurus, einosaurus.
Papo prehistoric mammals:
  (glyptodon, megatherium).
Mojo:
the expected Basilosaurus, Uintatherium.
Collecta: (are dinosaurs fable, but is unpredictable), to give suggestions:
more ceratópsidos
and tyrannosauroideos deluxe:
Gorgosaurus, albertosaurus, "Pinocchio rex" Alioramus and tarbosaurus.
Safari:
  Medusaceratops, ptedodaustro, Dsungaripterus, Edaphosaurus.
Carnegie:
new apatosaurus
New Dilophosaurus no tripod and no clown feet.
Bullyland:
new andrewsarchus
Shunosaurus

sauroid

a Trinacromerum from CollectA (they should do another Dolichorhynchops sized Plesiosaur)

loru1588

Where's the love for Battat people?? You're making me feel left out here! LOL With the Terra Series as long as the dinosaur is within the 5 to 9 meter range it will be considered. My discretion of course on amount of skeletal material and such.

Concavenator

I'd love a Concavenator or Agujaceratops by you,Dan.Those two fit perfectly in size I think,at least the Concavenator for sure.And it's a very unique dinosaur,and its skeleton is almost complete.On top of that,it's Spain's most interesting dinosaur.

sauroid

Mr. LoRusso, would it be possible for a Battat Terra Eotriceratops or Titanoceratops? (although they just might appear to be large Triceratops and Pentaceratops to most regular/non-dino-nerd consumers). also Tataouinea hannibalis would be cool.

loru1588

Agujaceratops is in my list of to do. Check out my Dinosaur Studio FB page or website and see my 1:10th versions Male & female. Concavenator is also a strong contender. Eotriceratops or Titanoceratops are just too similar to their counterparts, no real major differences to distinguish them other than size. Tataouinea  is still too fragmentary at this point too establish size as well as lack of skeletal material.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: