News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter” [updated]

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, January 13, 2015, 08:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

SpittersForEver

Dobber

Not too bad, not sure if I'll get one...depends on price.

With all the feather debate and Rebors apparent preference for Theropods, why not just make Carnosaurs like Allosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, or Giginatosaurus instead of the Coelurosaurs that are more closely related to birds.

Personally I'd love to see a Giganatosaurus and such given the Rebor treatment.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Horridus

Quote from: Dobber on January 15, 2015, 06:06:12 PM
Personally I'd love to see a Giganatosaurus and such given the Rebor treatment.
Me too. They would appear to have indicated that a Ceratosaurus is coming next, which plays to their strengths nicely - it's scaly, toothy and the skeletal they've released looks to be on the money (unlike the Utahraptor one, which seems to have borrowed parts from smaller dromaeosaurs). I'm looking forward to seeing that one.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

petebuster1

i think they will have something for everyone, they are bringing something refreshingly different and dam good, no they won't please everyone but then who can?

ignite444

Hm... I like this guy, but I think I'll be getting the baby Triceratops instead. I might pick this guy up down the road, but for now I'll pass on it.
My Latest Review: Rebor King T-Rex

Manatee

YES! A REBOR Ceratosaurus! Finally, something that plays to their strengths. I'm looking forward to this one.

petebuster1

When it comes to most dinosaur models i far prefer the Ceratopsians which are my favourites and cant wait till they do some but their Theropods have won me over, very appealing realistic models maybe not accurate but they don't claim to be.

tyrantqueen

Quoteappealing realistic models maybe not accurate but they don't claim to be.
No, they do. It's already been stated two times on this very thread:

QuoteThe model is a 1:35 scale replica of Yutyrannus based on the result of the latest research,

They have not outright used the word "accurate", but it's heavily implied.

Arul

tanystropheus

Accuracy aside, I quite like this model.

Moveable jaws and wings are also a plus.

Meso-Cenozoic

Sorry, but for me this guy comes across more of a monster than the JP raptors.

But I am looking forward to seeing their take on Ceratosaurus. BTW, where can one view the skeletal they've released?

*EDIT*
OK, found the Ceratosaurus skeletal in REBOR's Club Selection thread. Looks really promising.

sauroid

by making a figure with articulated parts, Rebor is contradicting their "non-toy" claim for their figures.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Arul

Quote from: sauroid on January 16, 2015, 06:19:57 AM
by making a figure with articulated parts, Rebor is contradicting their "non-toy" claim for their figures.

Yes agree, please bring rebor trex back to top 10 best trex toys

tyrantqueen

I dunno, I remember Griffon's Tyrannosaurus had an articulated jaw and that definitely wasn't a toy :)

postsaurischian

Quote from: ARUL on January 16, 2015, 07:43:16 AM

I agree. The fact that you can throw the Tyrannosaurus from one corner of the sandbox to the other without breaking makes it a toy ;D.

petebuster1

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 15, 2015, 10:18:09 PM
Quoteappealing realistic models maybe not accurate but they don't claim to be.
No, they do. It's already been stated two times on this very thread:

QuoteThe model is a 1:35 scale replica of Yutyrannus based on the result of the latest research,

They have not outright used the word "accurate", but it's heavily implied.

It's also been stated what exactly does museum class mean (another thread) but as I stated it's a very widely used term which doesn't mean a lot and nowhere do rebor actually say their models are accurate, using museum class is a term  open to interpretation but is not Rebor stating any of their models are accurate, as already said it's an over used term that really is for marketing rather than having a real meaning.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 16, 2015, 09:29:42 AM
Quote from: ARUL on January 16, 2015, 07:43:16 AM

I agree. The fact that you can through the Tyrannosaurus from one corner of the sandbox to the other without breaking makes it a toy ;D.

Out of curiosity, would you then argue for the Rebor T. rex to be excluded from the 'best T. rex statue' poll when we run that? Or do you think it should appear in both toy and statue polls?

petebuster1

In my opinion I wouldn't class it as a toy

Dinomike

I would personally classify Rebor stuff as "high end toys" if you don't mind me using such a term. I own one and think it is s playable as all of the other dinosaur toys I own - it's very durable. Rebor dinos are like some of the more expensive Barbies: well made, displayable, tad on the expensive side and playable. (With the exclusion of changeable attire.) That's my opinion for what it's worth:D Nonetheless I'm quite pleased to see Ceratosaurus being pushed out sometime soon! :D
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: