News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA Guidraco Size Comparison

Started by suspsy, January 14, 2015, 01:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

http://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2015/01/14/guidraco-14-scale-model-collecta.html

WOW.

That is one BIG piece of plastic. :o

Have to say again, this new Supreme Deluxe range has awesome potential. I'd love to see Compsognathus and Microraptor done this way. Think how much fun it would be to pose them terrorizing all your large theropods!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Roselaar

Oh wow, that is a terrific model! Hopefully Collecta will produce more Supreme range figures, this looks insanely promising! :)

DinoLord

triceratops83

Just came over here from Everythingdinosaur Blog. Holy Cow! I'm definitely getting one now. Had no idea it was gonna be so large.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

kreativtek

I was hoping someone would create a new topic for this lovely figure. Now I can wholeheartedly express my love for it! It has a nice sculpt and colour scheme, but it is the size that I like the most. I cannot wait to see this dinosaur sitting on my desk.

Bring it on!

Dyscrasia

Excellent figure! But the coloration of the crest makes it look like as if it is wearing a hat  :P

Arul

This is prehistoric, we can only predict. All is just opinion, including that crest color

Ikessauro

Quote from: suspsy on January 14, 2015, 01:03:22 PM
Have to say again, this new Supreme Deluxe range has awesome potential.

Hey guys, what's up with this new "Supreme" line. I still don't understand where did you guys saw this new name and what's it supposed to mean. Models in a different scale than 1:40?

suspsy

The Supreme Deluxe line has been mentioned by CollectA a number of times now, including in the link I posted. The Guidraco is the first such figure at 1:4 scale. As I noted, it's a perfect way for CollectA to produce figures of very small animals that wouldn't be feasible at 1:40 or other scales. Compsognathus and Microraptor would be prime candidates for a future Supreme Deluxe figure.

Anyone else have suggestions?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

triceratops83

Quote from: suspsy on January 14, 2015, 04:04:52 PM

Kulindadromeus all the way. Please let this happen! I've mentioned previously my desire for Safari to do an incredible creatures line of small dinosaurs, but Collecta might just blow us away with these new larger figures.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

CityRaptor

Archaeopteryx, Rahonavis and Pterodactylus.
Also Baby Dinosaurs and maybe some of the smaller Synapsids, like Thrinaxodon.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

I knew it was gonna be big..but WOW.  Yeah I need 3 or 4 of these... ;) ;D

Looks like they fixed the moving jaw too..looks MUCH better now. I'm guessing the previous pic was a prototype?

Concavenator

Quote from: suspsy on January 14, 2015, 04:04:52 PM
The Supreme Deluxe line has been mentioned by CollectA a number of times now, including in the link I posted. The Guidraco is the first such figure at 1:4 scale. As I noted, it's a perfect way for CollectA to produce figures of very small animals that wouldn't be feasible at 1:40 or other scales. Compsognathus and Microraptor would be prime candidates for a future Supreme Deluxe figure.

Of course,I have. 4 suggestions.
Microraptor and/or Anchiornis
And Harpactognathus and/or Darwinopterus.
Might we do a poll for candidates and send the winner to CollectA?

Patrx

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Patrx on January 14, 2015, 07:28:42 PM
Oy, I need more display space.

I'm telling you time to get a bird cage! lol

Or just carry him around on your shoulder like a prehistoric pirate!  ;D

Gwangi

So it looks like one of my largest models will ultimately end up being what was in reality a small pterosaur, but I'm okay with that! Hopefully they do a Dimorphodon as well.

Megalosaurus

Its size gets clear when you see Mike holding them. This thing is huge!!!
And the articulation of the jaw is much better now.
mmm.
Hope CollectA made a supreme dinosaur soon.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Manatee

Wow, that thing is huge! It'll be weird having a Guidraco tower over my Quetzalcoatlus and my mosasaurs, but it's a very beautiful model. I hope they make a Supreme Sinosauropteryx or Sinornithosaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Really hope this line keeps going..I'm loving the size and scale..I mean we could have some 1:1 baby dinosaurs!

Takama

I am impressed by that model. So friggen Big, yet so little space.   To bad i wont be able to buy toy models any more :(

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: