News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinomike

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on August 07, 2015, 08:36:09 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 07, 2015, 08:23:09 AM
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on August 07, 2015, 07:53:05 AM
When I was picking up my new Battat T. rex and Acro reissues at my Target tonight, which is in the NYC Metro area, they had a pretty good stock of I think a lot of the JW toys. I don't collect these, so I'm not sure exactly what was missing, but there was quite a diverse selection left, both on an end-cap and in an aisle. I did get to see and hold the Mosasaurus. He's cool enough, but still too much of a "toy" for what I like to collect. They also had a large remote control I-rex. Have you guys mentioned anything about him yet? He's about the same size as the largest I-rex toy they had there. He has "balls" sculpted to the bottom of his feet that I'm guessing he roles around on. Haha! Kinda odd looking. ???

Yeah the I-Rex Zoomer. It also had some odd sensor placements on it's nose that make it look like an arachnid.. lol

Yes, that's it! The "Zoomer"! And yeah it did have some odd looking round metal sensors on the end of his snout, I think like about three. He also looked a bit different than any of the other I-rexes, which looked closer to the movie I-rex. This guy just looked a little off all-round. Although, I'd still like to see him move. LOL!

The Zoomer's pretty cool when it's moving. You can find plenty of reviews on Youtube. It's just so expensive!  I would have to order it off eBay which would bump up the price even more because of the shipping costs. I was lucky enough to get the big I.rex on my trip to Latvia where it was affordable.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

LophoLeeVT

i wanna have one@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

stargatedalek

Quote from: joossa on August 08, 2015, 01:36:28 AM

Those are actually really cute, I'll keep an eye out for that mosasaur.

LophoLeeVT

the same for the dolopho couldbe the hatchling for the spitting hjasbro one
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Tyrannosauron

If anyone in the U.S. has been waiting for a good deal on the Bashers & Biters assortment, check out your nearest Walgreens. I just picked up a Stegoceratops on clearance for $3.24. Not a bad price, all things considered.

alexeratops

Quote from: Tyrannosauron on August 16, 2015, 02:33:06 AM
If anyone in the U.S. has been waiting for a good deal on the Bashers & Biters assortment, check out your nearest Walgreens. I just picked up a Stegoceratops on clearance for $3.24. Not a bad price, all things considered.
That is amazing, after my birthday I'll have to go see if they have the B&B Spinosaurus; my personal favorite. Thanks for the tip!  :D
like a bantha!

Victoria's Cantina

If anyone has any interest in seeing what the wave 3 Growlers are like (the Raptors), I've uploaded my video review.

https://youtu.be/WeWxHN__iOo

Paleona

Wow, you're right- they do look like knock-offs!  Or at least very cheap and unfinished, especially that Charlie, ugh!  Thanks for sharing your thoughts.  I'll be passing on these, since I've already got the titan raptors... which I've already retired to storage, ha. >_< 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yeah I'll skip em'. Appreciate the review. Hopefully we'll get a better Raptor squad at some point.

CityRaptor

Well, this was just posted in the JW thread at JPToys:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

stargatedalek

I never thought I'd be glad to see the JP/// molds possibly making a return, let alone not even with a new paint app...

CityRaptor

What a dark day...Although it would be nice if they re-used some Kenner molds...or the ones molded by David Silva.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Paleona

Are you sure that's not just some good old photoshopping?  Seems too strange and out of place to me for Hasbro to recycle an old figure with a paint scheme that's been used before.  If they were going to use an older mold, I would think they would at least repaint it, like they always have in the past.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Pachyrhinosaurus

I hope that's real. It would be nice to see the pachy and allo again too and certainly the stego and carno which were not released. It looks like their best improvement would be regression at this point.  :P
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Victoria's Cantina

I was told by DinoReviewss101 on Twitter that this image is part of a cardback that is attached to lounge wear. Which if so, begs the question why would a photo of a toy be on a pair of pajama pants? Makes little sense to me. There's also the possibility it's an old photo that was taken before the new Hasbro raptors were ready to go, so they used this old figure as a stand in and changed the JP to a JW. I could be wrong, but I'm trying to consider other possibilities beyond "this is proof that this toy is being repackaged."

suspsy

Man, if Hasbro did rerelease the Pachyrhinosaurus and the Allosaurus AND released the Stegosaurus and the Carnotaurus, I'd take back every negative thing I've said about them.

Well, not everything.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

triceratops83

I'd love to see them release the TLW deluxe Triceratops that never went into mass production. It was a well designed figure.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

suspsy

Quote from: triceratops83 on September 09, 2015, 02:55:33 PM
I'd love to see them release the TLW deluxe Triceratops that never went into mass production. It was a well designed figure.

And the Euoplocephalus that was slated for release in Chaos Effect. Sadly, the moulds for those toys may no longer exist.

stargatedalek

Quote from: suspsy on September 09, 2015, 12:31:01 AM
Man, if Hasbro did rerelease the Pachyrhinosaurus and the Allosaurus AND released the Stegosaurus and the Carnotaurus, I'd take back every negative thing I've said about them.

Well, not everything.
It would take an Ultimasaurus or Deinonycanis to take back the things I've said about Hasbro :P

suspsy

Rereleasing all the Chaos Effect beasts, including those two, would be pretty darned funny. They could market it as "Jurassic World: MUTANT WARS."

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: