News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

What's with the kid's soul sucking eyes?

Whatever, these toys suck. I'll keep saying it until...I don't know. They suck.

Blade-of-the-Moon

sad but true. I maintain Hasbro doesn't care for JP really. They make what they get away with. :/

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 05, 2015, 09:00:43 AM
sad but true. I maintain Hasbro doesn't care for JP really. They make what they get away with. :/

I personally Have high hopes for the Disney Princess dolls they will be making next year. I hate seeing the terrible ones mattel is making because I know my half-sister is getting them and I want to get her good quality dolls to play with.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Brachiosaurus on March 05, 2015, 01:11:37 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 05, 2015, 09:00:43 AM

I personally Have high hopes for the Disney Princess dolls they will be making next year. I hate seeing the terrible ones mattel is making because I know my half-sister is getting them and I want to get her good quality dolls to play with.

I'd see what the Disney parks are selling. From all I've read Hasbro has cut quality on all of their lines.

suspsy

So who is actually planning on buying JW toys? I'm sure not.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

stargatedalek

I will, even if only because they will fit right in with my other movie monsters and aliens.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I might get an I-Rex..but that's really seeming to be about it.

I'm hoping to spend more with Jada toys, then I can use my Papo figures with them.

CityRaptor

Buying those is unlikely. The quality, overall design and in most cases permanent Dino Damage is a huge turn off. Was the same issue with JPIII, a line I later sold off during the reorganisation of my collection.( But keeping my JP/TLW figures ). Now I have wisened up to the point to not buy them in the first place.

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dinomike

Maybe these toys will look better once they're out? And hopefully there are other manufacturers who will produce better stuff. (Yes, I'm looking at you Japanese toy companies.) And perhaps some high end statues etc? Of course it was awesome to get, say, a JP dilophosaurus back in 1993 and not spend fortune. Oh, those were the times!

You know - we should make our own proposals of what we would have liked to have seen instead of what Hasbro's offering. Hopes and dreams thread:)
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dinomike on March 05, 2015, 10:31:39 PM
Maybe these toys will look better once they're out? And hopefully there are other manufacturers who will produce better stuff. (Yes, I'm looking at you Japanese toy companies.) And perhaps some high end statues etc? Of course it was awesome to get, say, a JP dilophosaurus back in 1993 and not spend fortune. Oh, those were the times!

You know - we should make our own proposals of what we would have liked to have seen instead of what Hasbro's offering. Hopes and dreams thread:)

Eh usually it's the other way around. :/   I do hope some other company makes some better items. Not sure who it will be though or what format it will take...minis, ect..

There is no end to what they could have produced..for example, high on my wish list was a figure swallowing Mosasaur akin to the Gulper/Bull Rex toy.

Blade-of-the-Moon

So it looks like the paint quality has taken a turn for the worse after TF :

the Pachy's head is a different sculpt too. Looks like the eyes shrank, the snout was elongated a bit and the bumps were smoothed down more. It looks more like a JP Pachy now but less like an accurate one which the first sculpt had going for it.

If this is what we get there will be a lot more toys left on the shelf the day I walk into a store. I will admit having TLW head ramming Pachy here beside me isn't helping my opinion though.

CityRaptor

Well, these are looking worse and worse. Oh well, just confirms again that I won't buy these.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

It looks like JW is going to end up being the worst JP toyline yet.

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Pachyrhinosaurus

I didn't realize McDonalds is making JW toys  :-X
But seriously, those paint apps are bad. That certainly won't help sales.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Rathalosaurus

These look just like burger king toys. So crappy!!!!
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Shadowknight1

Drat!  While I don't like the model of the Allosaurus, the paint scheme was at least decent.  What the heck Hasbro?!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

suspsy

The thing to remember is that prototype toys often look nicer than the final retail version. It's been that way forever, sadly.

As I've said many times now in this thread, all these photos are really making me miss Kenner. :(

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on March 10, 2015, 12:17:59 AM
The thing to remember is that prototype toys often look nicer than the final retail version. It's been that way forever, sadly.

As I've said many times now in this thread, all these photos are really making me miss Kenner. :(

The deal is the original prototypes looked bad, then we received these good images of figures, now we're back to worse pics. It feels like chain jerking.

Here is an in hand video of the I-Rex toy :

https://twitter.com/Brycenator100/status/575126040403533824

Pretty much what I expected , though the neck seam are still loose it looks like.

Zhuchengotyrant

Despite the lack of quality, I will get the allosauroid figure (Metriacanthosaurus?). 8)
-Zhuchengotyrant

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: