News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

These look like they will be nice candidates for re-paints if you ask me.

I'm really liking the I-rex at this point, very pleased with the colour changing.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on March 14, 2015, 03:56:39 PM
Despite the lack of quality, I will get the allosauroid figure (Metriacanthosaurus?). 8)

It's meant to be Allosaurus, but I don't see how.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Dobber

I have this feeling that the rumored Papo Giganotosaurus will be based off of the I-rex.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Dobber on March 15, 2015, 12:42:42 PM
I have this feeling that the rumored Papo Giganotosaurus will be based off of the I-rex.

Chris
They might base it on color and spikiness, but surely not even Papo could mistake I-rex for a Giganotosaurus.  And why is this a rumored figure anyway?  They've released their 2015s, we won't hear about it for another year.

suspsy

As a purely fictional monster, the I-Rex is under trademark. If Papo were to base a toy on it, the first people in line to buy one would be Universal's lawyers.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Dobber

Quote from: suspsy on March 17, 2015, 12:21:20 PM

As a purely fictional monster, the I-Rex is under trademark. If Papo were to base a toy on it, the first people in line to buy one would be Universal's lawyers.

True, though wheren't the original dinosaurs in JP also. Papo still used those designs for many of their Dino's. Obviously just pure speculation on my part, just, seeing as how Papo designs were influenced by JP and are more "awesome-bro" in many of their Dino's then scientifically accurate. I can see them basing their Giga on the new I-Rex as it has slight passing resemblance to the Giga. Just a feeling is all.  :-X

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

stargatedalek

As I see it every Jurassic Park dinosaur has at least some degree of fictional monster to it, hasn't stopped Papo before.

Roselaar

I-Rex vs. Gyrosphere set now available in (Dutch) stores. So is the Pteranodon, I've heard, but I haven't yet found it.

The I-Rex is decently sized, about the same size as a TLW Allosaurus. The quality of the plastic isn't particularly high. The paint job is kinda bland, but at least all the claws are painted. There's red dots along the mouth, which was also present on the photos we've seen so far, so it's not a paint error. Both arms and legs are poseable. The action is provided by pulling the tail down, which causes a snap-jaw attack move. The lowe jaw hangs loose, so is a separate component that can also be posed apart from the attack feature. The dino damage wound can indeed be coverd up by 'closing a window', so to speak. It works pretty well, though when closed it has an awkward bit of plastic seemingly randomly sticking out of its flank. But it's a definite improvement over no coverable dino damage at all.

As for the Gyrosphere, it looks nice, and can hold two figures. Only one of them is included, and it is by far the worst human JP figure I have ever seen. It has a sloppy, dull paint job and looks like some sort of cheap Chinese trashy military figure. It looks way too ugly for the Gyrosphere, which has a disc firing action I can't review as I'm not yet ready to open the package. Though I am considering doing one of those popular unboxing videos, which are supposedly all the rage.

At 30 euros, this set is considerably more expensive than the alleged US price of 22 dollars. But hey, I got a scoop and an I-Rex, so I'm happy. :)

Shadowknight1

Considering I want an I-Rex but don't want the big huge sucker with rubber skin, that may be the one I end up getting, though I'll likely toss the human and the improbability-sphere.

ChrisLikesDinosaurs

Indominus Rex vs Gyrosphere vehicle battle pack Unboxing and Review!! Take a look guys, I think you will like!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho01-1l1Eog&feature=youtu.be

Arul

Its just me, or Jurrasic Collectables really dont like the JW trex figure by hasbro. The review is out already on youtube

suspsy

https://youtu.be/Gwgel69VE9o

Yeesh. An ugly wound on one side and a bunch of screw holes on the other. Outstanding.  :P
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm, not a fan myself of any of the Hasbro JW Rexes..they took the most popular iconic dinosaur, from a popular iconic movie that has been done to death by every toy company out there some better than others, and still messed it up.  It doesn't even look like a JP Rex to me.

reinier zwanink

There are some JW toys here in store
Not a single one looks tempting
It really is a shame
I cant wait to see the film thou

CityRaptor

Well, postioning that figure with its good side to the viewer is not possible since it has no good side. Eh well, that just confirms again that I won't buy these.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Arul

Shadowknight1

So far only the I-rex with gyrosphere is even slightly tempting.  The rexes are ugly, the raptors are laughable, and the Allosaurus...UGH!?!

Fukuiraptor

Dinomike

That T.rex might be one of the worst T.rexes  I've ever seen! Hasbro really underestimates the consumers!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Arul

When i was senior high school my teacher told me how to read a + (plus) properly in a number based on Indonesian Dictionary. For example just like on jw toy box (for age 4+). It means this toy is  suitable for 4 years old or 1-3 years older (4-7) years old. Maybe hasbro targeting 4-7 years kid, rule number one for kids toy is "unbreakable" im sure thats the reason for the screw lol. But i hope the mosasaurus is so much better then this  :D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: