News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

The pteranodon looks better than the stock image, which gave me low expectations to begin with, so its not saying much. I heard rumors that he is paid by Schleich to review? Don't hold me to that, but if it is the case, is it possible Universal contacted him with a similar agreement?
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Blade-of-the-Moon

This without a doubt the worst figure in the line.  I think the guy is being either sarcastic or very deluded. I'd take the Kenner JP1 Pteranodon over this too.

P.S. It's not a dinosaur..someone had to say it.

joossa

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 20, 2015, 04:37:33 AM
I think the guy is being either sarcastic or very deluded.
He's always a nice, fun reviewer. Very kid friendly. I seldom hear him complain or come close to speak harsh criticism of anything he reviews. The JW Rex review, I think, was him at his most negative out of all the reviews I have seen from him.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: joossa on April 20, 2015, 05:19:48 AM
He's always a nice, fun reviewer. Very kid friendly. I seldom hear him complain or come close to speak harsh criticism of anything he reviews. The JW Rex review, I think, was him at his most negative out of all the reviews I have seen from him.

I don't mean to jump on the guy..but being honest really helps. You have to point out the flaws as well as the good stuff.

Most JPToys members agree the Pteranodon is the worst figure too..and that's saying something.

joossa

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 20, 2015, 05:30:23 AM
Quote from: joossa on April 20, 2015, 05:19:48 AM

I don't mean to jump on the guy..but being honest really helps. You have to point out the flaws as well as the good stuff.

Most JPToys members agree the Pteranodon is the worst figure too..and that's saying something.
Totally agree and don't think you were hasty to judge or anything of the sort. In the end, that's what reviews are for. I'm thinking the fact that a lot of companies send him stuff to review is why his reviews are the way they are. Nevertheless, the "overview" portion of the reviews and humor are alright despite the lack of critique.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

I guess that's an interesting difference in review..styles?  Some critique others just show off the piece and talk it up.

suspsy

http://youtu.be/AGmSl4ReQz4

Again, I don't wish to disparage the reviewer, since he sounds like a nice, friendly, keen person, but  for anyone to use the phrase "absolutely fabulous" to describe a toy like this seems highly questionable at best. It looks like a zombie.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

DinoLord

Blade-of-the-Moon

Dinomike

Those screw holes are really distracting! I was semi  impressed by the I-rex and gyrosphere set but then I saw the screws and was put off. I wonder why it was so difficult to make them less visible. Think about the WWD Gorgon - that's really articulated and a beautiful sculpt as well. And no visible screw holes to ruin it. Oh well!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Megalosaurus

I love the movement  :))
I HATE the screw holes  >:(
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Arul

In the Jw 3rd trailer the pterosaur didnt have a teeth..

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ARUL on April 21, 2015, 12:56:46 AM
In the Jw 3rd trailer the pterosaur didnt have a teeth..

In the 3rd film the pteranodons had teeth but the toys didn't, in JW the Ptersnondons don't have teeth but the toys do. Maybe we'll get non-toothed pteranodons in JW2.

suspsy

Behold, a review of what appears to be a very GOOD JW toy. Lego succeeds where Hasbro fails!

http://brickset.com/article/15090/review-75916-dilophosaurus-ambush

CityRaptor

Well, it depends on if one is into Lego. I'm not into it, but I can see the appeal this set has to people that are into Lego. Although the pricve in Germany is insane. So far JW Merchandising is rather disappointing for me.
Hasbro - terrible
Jada - not interested in vehicles
Lego - not interested

So far the only merchandise tie-in that interests me is Kaiyodo's inofficial one, the Cretaceous World set...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Sim

Quote from: suspsy on April 21, 2015, 12:02:19 PM
Behold, a review of what appears to be a very GOOD JW toy. Lego succeeds where Hasbro fails!

http://brickset.com/article/15090/review-75916-dilophosaurus-ambush
I despise the "frilled Dilophosaurus" concept.  If the Lego Dilophosaurus didn't have the frill I would've felt that was a very good toy set.  It's definitely much better than the JW garbage Hasbro's made though.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I like the Lego games but I preferred Mega Bloks back when they did Dragons and POTC..less blocks and more detailed pieces you know? Nothing against those that like Lego of course. I just want realistic/detailed figures..even of JP creatures.

The Jada vehicles look pretty sweet..I'm actually planning on getting a few of those. I can use my Papo figures with them at the least.

suspsy

I stopped at my local comic store during lunch break. Came across some JW toys and just had to snap a couple of pics.

As Blade-of-the-Moon said, it's pretty hard these days to mess up the iconic T. rex, but Hasbro has succeeded with flying colours. They couldn't even get the placement of the eyes right.

And here's the head of the Dimorphodon. As you can see, it's been genetically modified to have the teeth of an herbivore. And is it me, or does that look more like the head of a carnosaur?

stargatedalek

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 21, 2015, 05:17:51 PMI like the Lego games but I preferred Mega Bloks back when they did Dragons and POTC..less blocks and more detailed pieces you know? Nothing against those that like Lego of course. I just want realistic/detailed figures..even of JP creatures.
Thats the same reason I prefer Playmobil over LEGO, if I had an interest in the human elements I might feel differently though.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: