News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's pretty bad overall. I mean slap it in generic packaging and it will sell on any dollar store shelf. 

I can't believe some of the guys at JPToys like this better than the Ultra Rex form JP3 ( not the small electronic one , it's equally bad in my opinion) .  I'm starting to think it's been so long between JP toys fans will buy anything. :/

CityRaptor

Both of them are unppealing in my opinion. However unlike the JPIII figures I won't make the mistake of buying the JW ones in the first place.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 18, 2015, 09:06:55 AM
It's pretty bad overall. I mean slap it in generic packaging and it will sell on any dollar store shelf. 

I can't believe some of the guys at JPToys like this better than the Ultra Rex form JP3 ( not the small electronic one , it's equally bad in my opinion) .  I'm starting to think it's been so long between JP toys fans will buy anything. :/

Seriously? My gods, the JP3 Ultra T. Rex is a masterpiece compared to this ugly lump.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Pachyrhinosaurus

I can't believe the screwholes.  :o As much as I didn't want JP/// repaints before the JW toys came out, they are looking pretty good now.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

suspsy

http://youtu.be/J6Edp-N8kPs

So they're all going to have screw holes on one side. Lame. Profoundly lame.

I can see that sliding skin hatch breaking after too much play.

DinoToyForum

tyrantqueen

Would Triceratops dung really have looked like that though? That looks like something a mammal would excrete, not a reptile. Especially the, uh....sheer volume of it.

Same here with the Spinosaurus in JP3

Considering the close relationship of theropods to modern birds, I would have expected something resembling bird faeces.

CityRaptor

Probably.

You know, if Hasbro cared, they probably would have a representative coming into this thread.

Also looks like there will be Jurassic World diecast cars by a company named Jada...
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on April 18, 2015, 01:18:44 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 18, 2015, 09:06:55 AM

Seriously? My gods, the JP3 Ultra T. Rex is a masterpiece compared to this ugly lump.

Exactly..I can't figure what they are seeing.  The Ultra didn't have much playability, was hard to stand ( like many of the JP3 figures due to an off balance pose) but it actually looks like a JP Rex from the film. Not the offspring of a V-Rex and bored Asian recaster.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 18, 2015, 04:53:36 PM
Would Triceratops dung really have looked like that though? That looks like something a mammal would excrete, not a reptile. Especially the, uh....sheer volume of it.

Same here with the Spinosaurus in JP3

Considering the close relationship of theropods to modern birds, I would have expected something resembling bird faeces.

It's probably a general audience thing.. they wouldn't recognize it as excrement.  Though the Aviary was covered in what looked like bird droppings. Odd.

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 18, 2015, 05:02:43 PM
Probably.

You know, if Hasbro cared, they probably would have a representative coming into this thread.

Also looks like there will be Jurassic World diecast cars by a company named Jada...

lol that's how a big company acts usually..their research and budget said do this so they did it.

Jada is going to have cool stuff it looks like..aside from the diecast we'll get some RC cars too.  And from all four films.

CityRaptor

Well, most people should be familiar with bird excrements.
Oh no

suspsy

Probably.

Eeesh. Given what went down with REBOR not too long ago, I fear a Hasbro rep's presence here could be potentially disastrous.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: suspsy on April 18, 2015, 07:07:59 PM
Probably.

Eeesh. Given what went down with REBOR not too long ago, I fear a Hasbro rep's presence here could be potentially disastrous.
At least REBOR was treated with some amount of respect.  I fear Hasbro would not.  For my part, I have very little respect for their JW line.  Star Wars is doing fine, at least in the Black Series line, though I am sad that I'll likely never see a 6" Mara Jade since she is excised from canon.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yeah I wouldn't want to be a Hasbro rep on any fan forum right now that they have a license for.  I'm normally nice and polite, but my gut reactions to seeing my childhood getting ..well you know..on isn't a nice thing.

For example :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3XFzKa1LBIU

I think he's being kind. It looks as much like a JP Raptor as Schleichs...and as nice as that head sculpt is it and the arms are out of scale with the back of the figure..same deal with the Rex toy. It's like they took a larger figure and smaller one cut each in half and glued them together. I'm not sure what the reasoning behind that decision could have been.. :?

Shadowknight1

Good lord, it's arms are long enough that it could be a quadruped!  And really?  Charlie, Delta, and Echo don't have TOE CLAWS!?  What the heck Hasbro?
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Blade-of-the-Moon

A Hasbro rep said the film Raptors were modified at TF...however the newest teaser showed them with the sickle claws. I think it was just Hasbro cheaping out again.

DinoToyForum

For a franchise with such a rich of history of toys these are truly an embarrassment. I sort of feel sorry for the JP toy fan - only the most dedicated enthusiasts will salvage anything from this line.  :(

suspsy

Funny. Whereas other dinosaur toy lines like Carnegie (before they cashed in their chips), CollectA, and Wild Safari have steadily improved over the years, the JP franchise has gotten steadily worse. Much of that can be attributed to the demise of Kenner (by Hasbro!), but it's a strange and sad juxtaposition, isn't it?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Totally Hasbro's fault from what I've seen..it wouldn't take much more research to make accurate figures.  I mean if they have cg designs for the film, just send those to a 3D printer and make figures that look like the film counter parts.  You can still cast them, make them hollow, add electronics and play features..even if the paint was bad it could could be fixed..but a bad sculpt save for the head isn't worth getting.

I'm hoping someone, even a company in Europe or Japan will make something better for the film..be it model kits, ect..

suspsy

http://youtu.be/qZC974IPRWs

Ugh. On top of the teeth and the terrible wings, the Pteranodon barely even has a neck. And the snapping jaws don't work properly. I feel this reviewer is also being too kind.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: