News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Quote from: Dobber on February 06, 2015, 10:24:24 PMhow does the skeletal look for the Acrocanthosaurus?

Not half bad other than the giant feet (but this is for balance so I don't think it looses points for that ;) ).

Dobber

Thanks for the compairisons! I agree not too bad, but the snout looks a little stubby on the Rebor to me.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Dinomike

I like how Rebor does includes skeletal drawings in their marketing and packaging. Can't wait to see the finalized figure.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Dobber

My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Dinomike

Now it's just to see how cool the Acro will be - and there goes allthe money saved for my kids' college...
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Dinomike

Okay! Just checked out the Rebor Facebook page and oh my the Ceratosaurus is stunning! There goes my money! And the base! All hail Rebor! I'm impressed!  :)

Shadowknight1

I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Fluffysaurus

The odd line a Tylosaurus Fossil. I like it. Maybe because im a little odd too hahaha.
https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/posts/640691546057857:0
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Well it says related to the tylosaurus image..might be a tylo in a jar..something like the baby sharks in jars you can buy as souvenirs.

tyrantqueen

What's so odd about fossil specimens? I can understand foetuses in jars (has a sideshow gaffe kind of feel, which has the potential to be interesting) but plenty of other companies have released fossil replicas so I don't see anything weird or strange about that. Unless it was done in a creepy way, like a mummified dinosaur hand or something.

Albertosaurus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 09, 2015, 07:37:39 PM
What's so odd about fossil specimens? I can understand foetuses in jars (has a sideshow gaffe kind of feel, which has the potential to be interesting) but plenty of other companies have released fossil replicas so I don't see anything weird or strange about that. Unless it was done in a creepy way, like a mummified dinosaur hand or something.

Ok,so you are going to start a new discussion against the company in this thread but in this case, instead of accuracy and the use of "museum quality", you are going to complain about the use of the word "odd"...am I right? Let´s see if we can have a clean thread without all the hate some users have spread in the other Rebor threads. It is just the terms a private company uses to name their products.That is all.
The only thing "odd" about fossils is that, as they mentioned, they are "unusual elements". This said, I would prefer if they treat this line seriously instead of like elements from a freak show or circus (at least the fossils), but they can do whatever they want with their products and we are nobody to tell a private company what they have to do. I may have few posts in this forum but I have been following you for a long time, and it is quite annoying how some of you believe that companies MUST follow your instructions when planning their products . It is great to give advice, but they are NOT OBLIGATED to obey you.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Albertosaurus on February 09, 2015, 08:09:18 PM

Ok,so you are going to start a new discussion against the company in this thread but in this case, instead of accuracy and the use of "museum quality", you are going to complain about the use of the word "odd"...am I right? Let´s see if we can have a clean thread without all the hate some users have spread in the other Rebor threads. It is just the terms a private company uses to name their products.That is all.
The only thing "odd" about fossils is that, as they mentioned, they are "unusual elements". This said, I would prefer if they treat this line seriously instead of like elements from a freak show or circus (at least the fossils), but they can do whatever they want with their products and we are nobody to tell a private company what they have to do. I may have few posts in this forum but I have been following you for a long time, and it is quite annoying how some of you believe that companies MUST follow your instructions when planning their products . It is great to give advice, but they are NOT OBLIGATED to obey you.
No. I'm pondering their use of the term "oddity". I wasn't actually complaining about anything. I was actually hoping that another member or even the company themselves would chip in and explain their choice of term.

Yes, you're correct when you say they're not obligated to do what we say, but they want our money, do they not? When you go to a restaurant and the waiter asks you want you want, you tell them.

tanystropheus

Albertosaurus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 09, 2015, 08:20:07 PM

No, you're not right. I'm pondering their use of the term "oddity". I wasn't actually complaining about anything.

Yes, you're correct when you say they're not obligated to do what we say, but they want our money, do they not? When you go to a restaurant and the waiter asks you want you want, you tell them.

Nobody is asking you what do you want in this case. They want our money and the money of thousands of people outside of this forum, that is why they have to appeal them all, and that means compromising some times. I am going to follow my own advice and I am going to stop the discussion here. I just want some users to leave their hate against this company out. If you don´t like what they do, don´t buy it. It is that easy, and it is what will actually change their products. Once again, it is great to complain about the quality of the products, if the paint job is poor, if the sculptures are crappy...but not just for the sake of complaining because you have something against a specific company.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Albertosaurus on February 09, 2015, 08:39:14 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 09, 2015, 08:20:07 PM

No, you're not right. I'm pondering their use of the term "oddity". I wasn't actually complaining about anything.

Nobody is asking you what do you want in this case. They want our money and the money of thousands of people outside of this forum, that is why they have to appeal them all, and that means compromising some times. I am going to follow my own advice and I am going to stop the discussion here. I just want some users to leave their hate against this company out. If you don´t like what they do, don´t buy it. It is that easy, and it is what will actually change their products. Once again, it is great to complain about the quality of the products, if the paint job is poor, if the sculptures are crappy...but not just for the sake of complaining because you have something against a specific company.
I wasn't asking for anything in the first place. Notice the first sentence I typed ended in a question mark? I was asking a question, and you decided to jump all over it.

Fluffysaurus

My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

stargatedalek

I think the real troodon with its facial disc and huge eyes would already be terrifying enough! ;)

Paleogene Pals

I'm starting to notice a bit of snarkiness creeping back in.

Arul

Hahahahaha "give it to me now" very funny  ;D rebor make an announcement on the fb, I think they are planning to make some fossil model in "extraordinary" way. Honestly it make me very excited, because the first model will be a mosasaur they said. Just see rebor fb, my english is not very well so i cant translate all of the sentence in the post...

Shadowknight1

Quote from: ARUL on February 09, 2015, 11:55:06 PM
Hahahahaha "give it to me now" very funny  ;D
What can I say?  Acrocanthosaurus is one of my top favorite theropods and I'm beyond excited to see how REBOR's will look!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: