News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

Quote from: Rain on August 12, 2015, 09:24:26 PM
Hello, where is everyone getting their REBOR figures from? I've been using big bad toy store and I'm wondering if there's a better site to get em from , as shipping one figure costs me about 40 bucks from BBTS
Where are you located?
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Rain

Where are you located?
[/quote]

Canada

tanystropheus

Quote from: Rain on August 12, 2015, 10:58:46 PM

Where are you located?

Canada
[/quote]

Try sending Dan from Dan's Dinosaurs a PM. Perhaps, he can work something out regarding shipping to Canada...

Viking Spawn

I order all on mine through the BBTS.  Never any problems.  ;)

Everything_Dinosaur

Stocks of the Rebor Sauropod nest diorama and the Theropod nest diorama are expected at Everything Dinosaur's warehouse on Friday 14th August, we intend to work late to ensure we can these items up on line as quickly as possible.  Also due in is the limited edition Hatching Velociraptors (Lock, Stock and Barrel), we shall post updates on our Facebook page, Twitter feeds etc.  If you want more information on these items simply Email Everything Dinosaur]

Viking Spawn

Dilopho

There's no way I could ever afford a REBOR figure (I struggle to afford to buy Papo figures! I try to keep all my essential needs done and dusted before I spend money on treats.)
but if I got one, I'd get the Y-rex, and, although I'd probably fail, I'd try to add some more proto-feathers on the body with some scalpel marks and probably sculpt some bigger feathers out of clay for the head, arms, legs and tail. I know Y-rex had long feathers but I like the pose on REBOR's sculpt and would like to keep that shape.
I would buy Safari's over REBOR if I really wanted a Yutyrannus, because that's cheaper and (ironically) more accurate, but REBOR's would fit in with my Papo figures.

tanystropheus

I hope REBOR didn't forget about their 'winter variant Y-rex'....

Arul

Quote from: Dilopho on August 15, 2015, 05:27:26 PM
REBOR's would fit in with my Papo figures.

Yes, rebor and papo is a perfect couple  :)

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Arul on August 15, 2015, 06:21:12 PM

Agreed!  And both are located on the other side of the world too.

Fluffysaurus

Quote from: Viking Spawn on August 16, 2015, 10:32:52 AM

Depends on where you are located haha.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Troodon on August 16, 2015, 05:12:54 PM
Quote from: Viking Spawn on August 16, 2015, 10:32:52 AM

Depends on where you are located haha.

Ah.  True dat.   ;)

Monkeysaurus

Absolutely, though Rebor is still the best in my opinion. I tried placing some Schliech dinosaurs next to the Rebor's, and they stuck out like a sore thumb. Only Paposaurs are cool enough to hang out with Rebor dinos. :))
Just because I have a short attention span doesn't mean

tanystropheus

Quote from: Monkeysaurus on August 16, 2015, 06:37:10 PM

Absolutely, though Rebor is still the best in my opinion. I tried placing some Schliech dinosaurs next to the Rebor's, and they stuck out like a sore thumb. Only Paposaurs are cool enough to hang out with Rebor dinos. :))

REBOR is at least triple the quality (and production values) of Papo models, but the texture quality and style is close enough for them to 'hang out' in the same space.  I definitely agree. Unfortunately, Papo doesn't release too many models. The advent of REBOR has been a blessing  ;D

I hope the 'Ravage' (Allosaurus Maximus) is somewhat similar to the Papo Allosaurus but simultaneously superior in every way.

Some Schleichs work relatively well with Papos, but they look rather silly when juxtaposed with REBORs.

Viking Spawn

I'm eagerly awaiting the reveal of Ravage!  I think Rebor style will be a perfect fit with an Allosaurus species!

Arul

Before ravage, but first,let me take the acro...if rebor releasing Their model one by one but in a short time my wallet will dying  :-\ lol

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Arul on August 17, 2015, 01:02:31 AM
Before ravage, but first,let me take the acro...if rebor releasing Their model one by one but in a short time my wallet will dying  :-\ lol

Oh don't worry...  I haven't forgotten Acro.  Should be about a month for that one!   ;)

Victoria's Cantina

I'm really looking forward to seeing how Ravage turns out. I've always been an Allosaurus fan for reasons I can't quite explain. I love Papo's version and think it's one of their best, so I would hope that Rebor's is much better.

utd7

QuoteUnfortunately, Papo doesn't release too many models. The advent of REBOR has been a blessing  ;D

Yes I totally agree with tanystropheus, Papo have seem to have lost a bit of their sparkle or imagination in their dinosaur models. The last really nice ones were the Carnotaurus and Dimetrodon.

REBOR have been releasing some nice models and the addition of the bases adds to their desirability and they seem to have given us a perfect model with the Acrocanthosaurus in the sculpt and details (which they never had a problem with it) and hopefully quality control. Though they really do need to launch a website and release a catalogue cause they have enough products now and apparently have a lot more neat stuff planned. I just wish they were a bit better in their communication.
We live in a Jurassic World

Monkeysaurus

Quote from: Victoria B on August 17, 2015, 05:19:22 AM
I'm really looking forward to seeing how Ravage turns out. I've always been an Allosaurus fan for reasons I can't quite explain. I love Papo's version and think it's one of their best, so I would hope that Rebor's is much better.
So Rebor is definitely making an Allosaurus? I'd assume so if you have its name.
Just because I have a short attention span doesn't mean

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: