News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

Ah, so your Y-Rex's base does have it. Some early reviews on YT show that it did not have it early on.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

utd7

Ah excellent regarding the Y-Rex base logo underneath and understandable that the King T-Rex doesn't have it since it's a small base but great either way. Thanks Viking Spawn much appreciated.

I also have another question regarding the Y-Rex, does it stand without the base?
We live in a Jurassic World

Viking Spawn

Quote from: utd7 on July 27, 2015, 11:37:21 AM
Ah excellent regarding the Y-Rex base logo underneath and understandable that the King T-Rex doesn't have it since it's a small base but great either way. Thanks Viking Spawn much appreciated.

I also have another question regarding the Y-Rex, does it stand without the base?

It can, but its about as sturdy as the Papo Allosaurus due to its stance.  So you'll have to use a level flat surface if you decide not to use any supports.

utd7

QuoteIt can, but its about as sturdy as the Papo Allosaurus due to its stance.  So you'll have to use a level flat surface if you decide not to use any supports.

I see a lot of standing issues with the Papo Allosaurus on this forum but mine stands quite well amazingly. I have a standing issue with my Papo Spinosaurus though, it's long arms are the only thing stopping it from falling down. Anyway thanks again Viking Spawn I am seriously tempted to buy the Y-Rex but I know REBOR mentioned they are going to make a so-called winter version which will be more accurate so I am torn at the moment

Viking Spawn

You are welcome.  As for waiting, you could always become just like me...  A completionist.   ;)

Arul

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 06, 2015, 03:06:51 AM
Don't be surprised if REBOR introduces an anatomically accurate T-rex ("Queen T-rex") in 2016.

REBOR is celebrating the 25th anniversary of SUE (source: REBOR Facebook).

Really cool, salute...hope other company especially safari and collecta also doing something great to celebrate it

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Arul on August 06, 2015, 03:14:11 AM
Don't be surprised if REBOR introduces an anatomically accurate T-rex ("Queen T-rex") in 2016.

Really cool, salute...hope other company especially safari and collecta also doing something great to celebrate it

Oh wow. Now THIS I would love to see! I'm a huge fan of the Stan Winston design, which the current King T-Rex clearly takes inspiration from, but I'd love to see REBOR tackle a most accurate version in the future. I would probably most definitely buy that.

joossa

Quote from: Victoria B on August 06, 2015, 03:36:35 AM
Quote from: Arul on August 06, 2015, 03:14:11 AM

Oh wow. Now THIS I would love to see! I'm a huge fan of the Stan Winston design, which the current King T-Rex clearly takes inspiration from, but I'd love to see REBOR tackle a most accurate version in the future. I would probably most definitely buy that.
Agreed. And I think they have the potential to do it right. :)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Viking Spawn

If any company can do it.... I Have absolute faith that REBOR is the one top Company that CAN!!!!   :)

Dobber

I agree too. I said it from the very beginning with my review of King T-Rex, REBOR has talent and I appreciate what their models are, but I wished they would use their talent for something more tha JP/movie monster Dino's. They seem to be doing that a little more now. I would LOVE to see a new more accurate less Stan Winsten inspired Tyrannosaurus.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

utd7

I think now with REBOR expanding their range to the oddities line and hatchling dinosaurs and nest dioramas they should have a website and maybe issue a brochure or something as it appears that their range of distributors around the world is increasing too.

Arul

Quote from: utd7 on August 06, 2015, 09:55:25 PM
I think now with REBOR expanding their range to the oddities line and hatchling dinosaurs and nest dioramas they should have a website and maybe issue a brochure or something as it appears that their range of distributors around the world is increasing too.

Agreed...i think fb is not very ideal for such thing like that, rebor website with rebor-style design will be much much better !!  :D

joossa

Quote from: Arul on August 07, 2015, 12:11:34 AM
Quote from: utd7 on August 06, 2015, 09:55:25 PM

Agreed...i think fb is not very ideal for such thing like that, rebor website with rebor-style design will be much much better !!  :D
I agree too. Hopefully, they now have the resources to build a comprehensive site. After all, at the end of this month, they will be one year old (if we are going by when they made the Y-Rex public).
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

utd7

I just got my Yutyrannus 'Y-Rex' and my gosh what a really nice figure. I don't know what some people were on about this figure when it was released, i know it is not accurate in terms of feathering but it is a fantastic model and a very nice base too only the Ceratosaurus one tops it.

My only complaint is that it does not stand without it's base, a common problem with the Reborsaurus' but I don't mind really. I can't wait to get the Acrocanthosaurus and see some herbivores from REBOR

Dobber

Quote from: utd7 on August 08, 2015, 09:10:02 AM
I just got my Yutyrannus 'Y-Rex' and my gosh what a really nice figure. I don't know what some people were on about this figure when it was released, i know it is not accurate in terms of feathering....

You answered your own question there.. ;)

No one had a problem with the detail or the skill of the sculpt....just the accuracy.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

utd7

QuoteNo one had a problem with the detail or the skill of the sculpt....just the accuracy.

But I remember when the Ceratosaurus was released in April and some were saying that it is a massive improvement since they started with the Yutyrannus, and I took it that it was detail and sculpt wise. Maybe I might have misunderstood them thought so you are right Chris. I really like this 'Y-Rex' and the first REBOR figure I have where the mouth opens and closes with ease.

Gwangi

Quote from: utd7 on August 08, 2015, 02:54:35 PM
QuoteNo one had a problem with the detail or the skill of the sculpt....just the accuracy.

But I remember when the Ceratosaurus was released in April and some were saying that it is a massive improvement since they started with the Yutyrannus, and I took it that it was detail and sculpt wise. Maybe I might have misunderstood them thought so you are right Chris. I really like this 'Y-Rex' and the first REBOR figure I have where the mouth opens and closes with ease.

I think they were talking about the accuracy, or at least I would have been. The Ceratosaurus in terms of accuracy is a big improvement over their Yutyrannus, Utahraptor or Tyrannosaurus. Ceratosaurus by its very nature lends itself well to Rebor's particular style so that helps too.

utd7

QuoteCeratosaurus by its very nature lends itself well to Rebor's particular style so that helps too.

You are right Gwangi, also an Abelisaur could suit REBOR's style well and as I have been saying on this forum there is not a good one on the market apart from a couple of Carnotaurs'. We seriously need a good Majungasaurus which is probably the most studied abelisaur from the past decade and has a very weird shape for a dinosaur.

By the way I have a mechanic friend whose nickname is Gwangi.

Halichoeres

Quote from: utd7 on August 09, 2015, 06:18:31 PM
QuoteCeratosaurus by its very nature lends itself well to Rebor's particular style so that helps too.

You are right Gwangi, also an Abelisaur could suit REBOR's style well and as I have been saying on this forum there is not a good one on the market apart from a couple of Carnotaurs'. We seriously need a good Majungasaurus which is probably the most studied abelisaur from the past decade and has a very weird shape for a dinosaur.

By the way I have a mechanic friend whose nickname is Gwangi.

I think a Majungasaurus is planned for the Battat Terra line, but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Rebor take a crack at it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

utd7

QuoteI think a Majungasaurus is planned for the Battat Terra line, but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Rebor take a crack at it.

Great, we are really deprived of good abelisaur figures. I believe that REBOR had mentioned they were going to do a Carnotaurus if my memory serves me right.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: