News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim

. . and still nothing for the 1:35 line.  It's almost as if they have put it on hiatus to focus on their 1:6 line now.

empire3569

Quote from: Tim on January 17, 2016, 11:54:37 PM
. . and still nothing for the 1:35 line.  It's almost as if they have put it on hiatus to focus on their 1:6 line now.

Well they did just tease a pic of the other 2/3 dead tenontosaurus, and that's in the 1:35 line

Tim

Correct.  I just can't get excited over another corpse figure . . .

empire3569

Same, I am really looking forward to their Stegosaurus and Allosaurus, and if they release a sauropod

Arul

Viking Spawn

1/6 scale?  I assume they come as a set?

Arul

Sold individualy i think if we see from it box (check rebor fb). I really want the Blue version, the prime actor in Jw  :P

Tim

Looking at that packaging, you won't be able to pick.  It will be completely random as to what color you will get.

Rathalosaurus

Quote from: Rain on January 17, 2016, 10:45:36 PM

So it looks like they're copying paint schemes... weird
Blue
Charlie
Delta
Echo
Original
Male
Female
Papo
Rebor
Note that this is only my interpertation of what the letters stand for

This could be the truth... Somehow its hilarious!
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Viking Spawn

It appears the new 1/6 Velociraptor hatchings (9 variations in all) will come in "blind" packs!  Meaning you won't know what you're getting until after you open it!  "Blind" packs are often popular with younger children and similar items can be found in your local department stores pertaining to things like, "Poke'Mon", "Minecraft," "My Little Pony"; etc.  Again, fun and surprise for the child but frustrating for the completionist.

No indication on pricing yet:

stargatedalek

Normally I hate blind packs but since they are colour variants I'm not so opposed. Depending on the material and pricing I may get one.

MLMjp

These blind bags seems like a nice idea, Although one could argue about if is fair of not to use those color schemes......

However... Blind bags that are sold online??? That´s going to be expensive, even if the price is low, add shipping cost or whatever. It will probably be not too much, but for a blind bag... It isn´t very practical in my opinion.... And there are 9 variations to collect. How many of those you will have to buy.... :-\

Victoria's Cantina

I'm very excited that Rebor is trying their hat at blind boxes. Blind boxes are very popular with collectors of all ages, especially when it comes to popular culture merchandise. I am a big fan of Disney's Vinylmation line, most of which is in the blind box format. Funko does many blind boxes as well. They're addicting and keep people coming back for more and more.

In most cases, blind boxes come in trays. So, if you buy a tray, you are generally guaranteed to get the entire collection. Sometimes this includes extras, and sometimes it includes more than one entire set. I'd imagine that these might be offered similarly. And I hope they are, since it would make it easy to get the entire set in one fell swoop. This is just a guess on my part, but given the 1/6 scale designation, I wouldn't expect these to be more than 2" tall and retail for around $10.

Viking Spawn

Quote from: MLMjp on January 18, 2016, 06:55:50 PM
These blind bags seems like a nice idea, Although one could argue about if is fair of not to use those color schemes......

However... Blind bags that are sold online??? That´s going to be expensive, even if the price is low, add shipping cost or whatever. It will probably be not too much, but for a blind bag... It isn´t very practical in my opinion.... And there are 9 variations to collect. How many of those you will have to buy.... :-\

And you hit the nail on the head for me!  Hence why I'm not fond of this whole idea. 

I guess if we all want a complete set, we'll all have to work together when the time comes.  Wouldn't everyone reading my comment agree?

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Victoria B on January 18, 2016, 07:00:34 PM
I'm very excited that Rebor is trying their hat at blind boxes. Blind boxes are very popular with collectors of all ages, especially when it comes to popular culture merchandise. I am a big fan of Disney's Vinylmation line, most of which is in the blind box format. Funko does many blind boxes as well. They're addicting and keep people coming back for more and more.

In most cases, blind boxes come in trays. So, if you buy a tray, you are generally guaranteed to get the entire collection. Sometimes this includes extras, and sometimes it includes more than one entire set. I'd imagine that these might be offered similarly. And I hope they are, since it would make it easy to get the entire set in one fell swoop. This is just a guess on my part, but given the 1/6 scale designation, I wouldn't expect these to be more than 2" tall and retail for around $10.

I didn't know they did that Victoria.  I sure hope you're right about this set too. 

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 18, 2016, 07:03:49 PM
Quote from: Victoria B on January 18, 2016, 07:00:34 PM

I didn't know they did that Victoria.  I sure hope you're right about this set too.

What makes these so exciting to me is that "premium" companies do not do blind boxes. This is the first I've heard of it being done. I do hope they sell the entire set in a tray as do other companies, but again, since this is a unique situation, it's possible they won't. We'll have to wait until those listings start appearing on BBTS and Dan's Dinos to know for sure how they will be offered. I hope they offer them in both a tray and as singles. With other companies' blind boxes, most people just buy a single or two while the completists buy the whole tray. It would certainly make it easier and possibly less expensive since you wouldn't have to buy fifty blind boxes attempting to get the whole series.

DinoG

I foresee big trades among DTF members...
Run!

CityRaptor

Well, those would look appealing for my JP Collection, although I'm not sure about ther cost. Normally blindpacked figures are rather cheap, costing only a few Euros at best, but I assume those will be more expensive.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Minmiminime

Ok...didn't see this coming. I have no doubt these little figures may prove to be a good move on REBOR's part if they can get them into the general market, they'll surely be a hit with fans of the JP franchise! I'm ever hopeful that they may eventually use that impetus to apply their considerable skills to producing more scientifically current figures, but I'll still add a few of these little cuties to my collection  :)
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Rain

How small would a 1/6th velociraptor be?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: