News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

An adult would be 13 inches long.

Dobber

Quote from: Rain on January 18, 2016, 08:37:26 PM
How small would a 1/6th velociraptor be?

A real Velocirator or a Deinonychus which the JP Rator is based off of?

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Rain

Quote from: Takama on January 18, 2016, 08:45:54 PM
An adult would be 13 inches long.

Thanks, any ideas as to how long a 1/6th hatching would be? I can't seem to find anything online about hatching size estimates

Quote from: Dobber on January 19, 2016, 12:29:33 AM
Quote from: Rain on January 18, 2016, 08:37:26 PM
How small would a 1/6th velociraptor be?

A real Velocirator or a Deinonychus which the JP Rator is based off of?

Chris

A real Velociraptor

Victoria's Cantina

Probably under a couple inches is my guess. I'm just going off of the size of my Lock, Stock and Barrel raptors which I think are 1:1 and estimating what 1/6 of that might be.

Viking Spawn

Thanks again Victoria.  So perhaps these will be somewhat close to their egg nest sets?  Well, maybe a little bigger?

Victoria's Cantina

Probably pretty similar I would assume, but no more than 2" from the base to the top of the dinosaur is my best guess. I'm also curious to see how they scale up to the old 5" JP human figures. 

Arul

Until i get Blue i will not stop searching. Blind bag is very fun !!

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Arul on January 20, 2016, 03:25:59 AM

Depends on your luck. If you get five of the same one in a row it's not so fun. :)

Remember, there's also the off chance that Rebor could make certain ones rarer than others. There's been no indication so far that they will do this, and I hope that they do not, but you never know.

Viking Spawn

You mean like a "chase" figure?!  Oh my, I HOPE NOT! 

Victoria's Cantina

Right... some companies (like Funko with their Mystery Minis) assigns a different ratio to each figure. Some are more common than others and a few are very rare. What's frustrating about their cases is that they never seem to pack an entire set in one case. You have to buy multiple cases (at about $100 apiece) to get all of them. I sincerely hope Rebor doesn't take this approach. And honestly I don't think they will. I think it's quite obvious they are going to be offering them as single blind boxes, but I really hope they give us the case option as well and that each case contains at least one full set.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Victoria B on January 20, 2016, 05:04:48 AM
Quote from: Arul on January 20, 2016, 03:25:59 AM

Depends on your luck. If you get five of the same one in a row it's not so fun. :)

Remember, there's also the off chance that Rebor could make certain ones rarer than others. There's been no indication so far that they will do this, and I hope that they do not, but you never know.

you can always sell/trade em' here on the forum... :)

Minmiminime

REBOR have confirmed that the 1:6 "Velociraptor" hatchlings will be sold in blind boxes, however, can be purchased as a complete set when they're released in March:

https://instagram.com/p/BAzZukmjgBO/

No pricing info yet  :)
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Minmiminime on January 21, 2016, 03:41:13 PM
REBOR have confirmed that the 1:6 "Velociraptor" hatchlings will be sold in blind boxes, however, can be purchased as a complete set when they're released in March:

https://instagram.com/p/BAzZukmjgBO/

No pricing info yet  :)

What a relief, eh?

Sim

I don't think it's necessary to repeat the same things in different REBOR threads.  I don't like clicking on a thread just to see the same things that were posted in another thread again.  This isn't aimed at one person in particular, as at the moment the Rebor - new for 2016 thread is also repeating things seen in other threads, like the REBOR Dimorphodon thread and this thread - REBOR general discussion.

Sim

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Sim on January 22, 2016, 02:38:15 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 22, 2016, 11:24:47 AM
Step two Rebor links on the triceratops and stegosaurus new offspring in black and white.

Triceratops breeding:

https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/pb.555146104612402.-2207520000.1453461625./799618493498494/?type=3&theater

Stegosaurus breeding:

https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/pb.555146104612402.-2207520000.1453461625./799618490165161/?type=3&theater

Why post this here when you've already posted it in the Rebor - new for 2016 thread?

You're absolutely right, Sim. I apologize to the forum, it must be true only in Rebor new thread.

Humbly I apologize know I was wrong. I'm sorry.

Viking Spawn

Perhaps the threads should be combined?  What should be considered "general" discussion and what should be considered "new for 2016?"  They almost are the same thing since there isn't really anything else to discuss except for new products?   

Unless, of course, someone figures out how to invest or buy stock in the company and want to discuss sales figures?

stargatedalek

The problem is that we have a new for 20XX and a general thread for every company, so combining them may not be best. The difference of course being that each individual REBOR piece is currently receiving it's own thread making the 2016 thread rather obsolete. Changing the 2016 thread to the usual list in the first post format might solve the problem.

Viking Spawn

Newly revealed Rebor Scouts Wave 1:

Prices and release date: TBA

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: