News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking Spawn

Rebor Scouts Wave 2:

Rebor hinted that we seen the adult version of one of these already.  (Utahraptor)

Each will be sold separately.

Prices and release date: TBA

Again, bring on the adults!!!!

Shonisaurus

But these baby dinosaurs (utahraptor) and the triceratops and stegosaurus are too childish.

I do not understand because there is hardly any company (except for breeding Collecta tyrannosaurus rex) that does not give baby more realistic dinosaurs.

Victoria's Cantina

I really like what I've seen so far of these youngsters. Baby raptors with feathers has me pretty ecstatic. I also really like the look of the triceratops and stegosaurus. So cute! It's wild how Rebor is announcing so much new product all of a sudden. I'm going to try and have to pinch my pennies harder when it comes to buying other things.

empire3569

I'm just hoping we see the adult Stegosaurus soon! Been waiting for a while now!

Viking Spawn

Quote from: empire3569 on January 22, 2016, 07:42:41 PM
I'm just hoping we see the adult Stegosaurus soon! Been waiting for a while now!

THIS! ^^^^

And let's not forget Allosaurus too!

Rebor has been on fire recently!  I'm anxiously awaiting some new announcements for their 1:35 line too!

empire3569

Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 22, 2016, 08:22:54 PM
Quote from: empire3569 on January 22, 2016, 07:42:41 PM

THIS! ^^^^
And let's not forget Allosaurus too!

Rebor has been on fire recently!  I'm anxiously awaiting some new announcements for their 1:35 line too!

I think it would be neat if the Allosaurus, Stegosaurus, and Ceratosaurus were all in the same diorama; The Allosaurus could be directly engaging the Stegosaur, while the Ceratosaurus waits patiently for the opportune moment to strike...

Sim

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 22, 2016, 04:45:54 PM
You're absolutely right, Sim. I apologize to the forum, it must be true only in Rebor new thread.

Humbly I apologize know I was wrong. I'm sorry.

No worries!  And thanks. :)

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 22, 2016, 06:43:38 PM
The problem is that we have a new for 20XX and a general thread for every company, so combining them may not be best. The difference of course being that each individual REBOR piece is currently receiving it's own thread making the 2016 thread rather obsolete. Changing the 2016 thread to the usual list in the first post format might solve the problem.

Battat doesn't have a "new for 2016" thread...  I'm not sure why the Rebor - new for 2016 thread was started, since all the news posted there would be posted in this thread already or soon afterwards, and each Rebor figure has its own thread.  Each Rebor figure having its own thread is something not done for figures by any other company, so Rebor is already treated differently from other companies.  It's because of this that the Rebor - new for 2016 thread is extremely limited in usefulness.  The only good use I can think of for it, is as you said, the usual list in the first post.  I don't know if anyone finds it worthwhile to make the list in the first post and update it with new figures though.

Rain

Im assuming the reason they get a new thread for every figure is because they don't release all their products for the year at the same time. A "new for 2016" thread would have to be constantly updated. Also, I don't think updating the first page of a thread bumps it..so lots of people would miss out on news. However I do agree that there are a few too many Rebor threads all with the same posts (more or less)

stargatedalek

Honestly yes it's pretty pointless, I just don't think anything has happened in the 2016 thread to merit saving it in any form at all. I say either contact the OP for that thread or delete it outright, less confusion than merging.

I don't think we've had any 2016 Battats yet, IIRC the last wave was spotted just before Christmas. There's also been no word from them regarding release dates so until we get word from Target or someone finds them I think it would be best to stick with the 2015 (if one exists?) thread or the general ones (as Battat also has two general threads both of which I've seen used interchangeably).

Not really interested in the Triceratops or Stegosaurus, but I may just get those baby Utahraptor. They will be forever orphans though, a lack of wings simply will not fly for an adult!

Sim

Quote from: empire3569 on January 22, 2016, 08:44:15 PM
I think it would be neat if the Allosaurus, Stegosaurus, and Ceratosaurus were all in the same diorama; The Allosaurus could be directly engaging the Stegosaur, while the Ceratosaurus waits patiently for the opportune moment to strike...

...While the Brachiosaurus approaches the unsuspecting theropods, ready to kick them to the ground.  ;)  Rebor said they were planning to make a Brachiosaurus too, so it's a possibility!

empire3569

Quote from: Sim on January 22, 2016, 11:39:58 PM

...While the Brachiosaurus approaches the unsuspecting theropods, ready to kick them to the ground.  ;)  Rebor said they were planning to make a Brachiosaurus too, so it's a possibility!

That's right, I remember that! A Brachiosaurus and Stegosaurus this year would be very welcomed

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Sim on January 22, 2016, 11:39:58 PM

A brachiosaurus Rebor would be great!

The downside would be the size and cost. If this is confirmed it would be the "bomb" of Rebor this year.

Viking Spawn

I'd also love a Rebor Brachiosaurus!

I don't think it would "bomb" either.  Yes it will be bigger and would cost more, but if Rebor decides to play that one safe, it could be another limited edition. 

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 23, 2016, 12:54:48 AM
I'd also love a Rebor Brachiosaurus!

I don't think it would "bomb" either.  Yes it will be bigger and would cost more, but if Rebor decides to play that one safe, it could be another limited edition.

Viking Spawn course would be much larger than that of Papo and even that Carnegie and Schleich (old factory).

I agree that if we make quite large as Sideshow apatosaurus would be a very limited edition.

Moreover I have hopes that dinosaurs make more accurate and less palaeontological style movies.

joossa

I think a mod should go through the last couple pages of this thread and move the posts/discussions on the confirmed individual figures/releases to their appropriate thread here on the General Forum. I would volunteer to do that, but do not have forum privileges to do so.

It was Dr. Admin's request to do separate threads for each Rebor figure/line/release to keep discussions and info organized since they tend to generate much discussion and the discussions in this thread were getting difficult to follow, but if there is too much redundancy all over, I can stop making them. Let me know what you guys think.

I am all for the first post of the "Rebor: New for 2016" thread to have an ongoing comprehensive list of what Rebor will be releasing in 2016, but feel it would be best to keep discussions on the figures/releases to their specific thread on the General Forum.

What are your guys' thoughts? Mods, thoughts?
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: joossa on January 23, 2016, 05:27:00 AM
I think a mod should go through the last couple pages of this thread and move the posts/discussions on the confirmed individual figures/releases to their appropriate thread here on the General Forum. I would volunteer to do that, but do not have forum privileges to do so.

It was Dr. Admin's request to do separate threads for each Rebor figure/line/release to keep discussions and info organized since they tend to generate much discussion and the discussions in this thread were getting difficult to follow, but if there is too much redundancy all over, I can stop making them. Let me know what you guys think.

I am all for the first post of the "Rebor: New for 2016" thread to have an ongoing comprehensive list of what Rebor will be releasing in 2016, but feel it would be best to keep discussions on the figures/releases to their specific thread on the General Forum.

Keep making the separate threads! You do a great job with them. And it makes it so much easier when researching the different models. Trying to do that with the General Discussion thread was a bit difficult and time consuming.

I don't think a Rebor subform would be a bad idea. It would be a way to have all the Rebor threads in one spot.

tyrantqueen

Nothing of interest for me. Baby dinosaurs seem like a cool idea but I'm not feeling the Stegosaurus or Triceratops. Utahraptor might be cool but if it's anything like their "Wind Hunter" then it will be hideous.

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Victoria B on January 23, 2016, 07:44:28 AM
Quote from: joossa on January 23, 2016, 05:27:00 AM

Keep making the separate threads! You do a great job with them. And it makes it so much easier when researching the different models. Trying to do that with the General Discussion thread was a bit difficult and time consuming.

I don't think a Rebor subform would be a bad idea. It would be a way to have all the Rebor threads in one spot.

I completely agree with Victoria.  Joossa keep doing what you've been doing.  You always had a great handle on it.

And I'm all for a separate sub forum too! 

stargatedalek

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 23, 2016, 07:47:08 AM
Nothing of interest for me. Baby dinosaurs seem like a cool idea but I'm not feeling the Stegosaurus or Triceratops. Utahraptor might be cool but if it's anything like their "Wind Hunter" then it will be hideous.
I agree, although newly hatched birds can be pretty hideous so in this case that might not be a huge downer  :P

PaleoMatt

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 23, 2016, 01:44:10 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 23, 2016, 07:47:08 AM
I agree, although newly hatched birds can be pretty hideous so in this case that might not be a huge downer  :P

I actually like the scruffy look, gives them character if you ask me.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: