News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Take the nastiness and pettiness out of the equation and you're still left with a company that so far has not seen it fit to listen to any feedback save for that which praises them. By contrast, CollectA and Safari have shown tremendous improvement in their products over the years as a direct result of listening to fan feedback, both praise and criticism. Compare say, CollectA's 2015 ceratopsians with this year's and you see not only an improvement in terms of sculpting, but more importantly in terms of overall proportions and anatomy. Or compare Safari's 2011 T. rex with this year's. Hardbit blows the other completely out of the water.

REBOR just doesn't seem the least bit interested in listening to any kind of criticism, no matter how politely and earnestly it is given to them.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Reptilia

I'm disappointed about these. Not because I don't like them, I actually don't have an opinion cause it's just a black and white picture of the two heads, we don't know how the full figures look like. It's because Rebor released yet another teaser that's not related to any of the herbivores announced last year. I just want the male Triceratops to complete the "King T-Rex" diorama, nothing more, but I think I'm going to give up because it's becoming ridicolous. Everytime that seem to be the right moment they come up with another project teaser instead, resulting in more confusion. Then I'm not that interested in prehistoric crocs, the Papo Kaprosuchus does just fine for me, so totally out of my radar this time around. Unless they unveil a proper teaser for "King Trident" in a couple of days. Highly unlikely, I guess.

CityRaptor

Well, I don't think those will come. REBOR probably just made up that list as a reaction to Papo's new offers without thinking.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Reptilia

For what Rebor's word worths, back in december they listed five herbivores with corresponding nicknames, or battle names if you want, so that makes me think they have at least all of them at the prototype stage. If you have the prototype done it's just up to you what to release, but they keep on prioritizing JP raptors, those silly club selections, and now even crocodiles. Also, in a later Facebook comment they confirmed at least the Triceratops and Stegosaurus for this year. Maybe we'll eventually get a couple before 2017 ends, but then again it's the whole messy process that is frustrating.

amargasaurus cazaui

It costs nothing to propose a new model...vs executing one.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Victoria's Cantina

Those crocs look terrible.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on May 16, 2017, 10:30:28 AM
I've stopped caring a long time ago. It isn't like they're getting my money anyways.
If people are buying it, they'll keep making it.
I just wonder where they get their "Ours is 100% scientifically accurate" claims from.

I could tell you exactly where they get them from... but the words I'm searching for - I can't say, because there's preschool toys present.

stargatedalek

I don't generally use Facebook so I don't know if this link is working but REBOR replied to a comment stating they're developing a way to give pterosaurs folding elastic wings.

https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/a.555150811278598.1073741827.555146104612402/1198524423607897/?type=3&theater

tanystropheus

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 19, 2017, 03:49:39 PM
I don't generally use Facebook so I don't know if this link is working but REBOR replied to a comment stating they're developing a way to give pterosaurs folding elastic wings.

https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/a.555150811278598.1073741827.555146104612402/1198524423607897/?type=3&theater

Hopefully, they don't look like bat wings  :o ;D

REBOR is also claiming that they will be revealing their herbivore product soon ("War Pig"). And, "King Trident" for later 2017.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 19, 2017, 04:07:40 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on May 19, 2017, 03:49:39 PM

Hopefully, they don't look like bat wings  :o ;D

REBOR is also claiming that they will be revealing their herbivore product soon ("War Pig"). And, "King Trident" for later 2017.

So they commented on an ankylosaurus and a triceratops and before New Year's Eve.

Reptilia

Ankylosaurus "very soon", Triceratops "for Christmas". I would have preferred the opposite, but whatever. Not to mention that Rebor's time indications are always quite aleatory.

stargatedalek

I have high hopes (albeit low expectations) for this pterosaur with articulated wings, I wonder if it's one of those Quetzalcoatlus they teased years ago.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 20, 2017, 01:09:25 AM
I have high hopes (albeit low expectations) for this pterosaur with articulated wings, I wonder if it's one of those Quetzalcoatlus they teased years ago.

I assume that the pteranodon with seamless articulated wings will be similar in mobility to Carnegie's tanystropheus or to the pteranodonts of Safari, with holes in the area of their wings like these to be articulated in this way.

An example we have in the trio of deinonychus called "Clan Cerberus".

ZoPteryx

And my shelves continue to remain Rebor free...

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 20, 2017, 02:48:14 PM

I assume that the pteranodon with seamless articulated wings will be similar in mobility to Carnegie's tanystropheus or to the pteranodonts of Safari, with holes in the area of their wings like these to be articulated in this way.

I suspect you're right, but if that's the case, then they certainly won't be able to fold like actual pterosaur wings.  :-\

tanystropheus

Quote from: ZoPteryx on May 27, 2017, 02:16:32 AM

REBORs beg to be held, caressed....there is magic to be had.

stargatedalek

Quote from: ZoPteryx on May 27, 2017, 02:16:32 AM

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 20, 2017, 02:48:14 PM

I suspect you're right, but if that's the case, then they certainly won't be able to fold like actual pterosaur wings.  :-\
I doubt it, they specifically mentioned an elastic folding function. Whether it works or not this is going to be something new.

Dobber

It's an interesting idea, but I have to wonder how long it would take for the elastic to stretch out too much, and ultimately defeat the purpose. If it happens I guess only time will tell.

Chris

My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Shadowknight1

Honestly, I wish them luck, but considering that they have yet to make articulated arms work properly on their dinos(seriously, why are the arms of all of their raptors so loose?!), I'm not holding my breath for folding wings.

And those prehistoric crocs are....well, a crock. :-\  Until they reveal something that really piques my interest, I think I'm probably done with Rebor.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Reptilia

According to Rebor: "Jack" and "Alex" out in july, next raptor, the running one, later this year. Those will be in 1:18 scale, 1:35 versions out next year. And Carnotaurus this month.

tanystropheus

The "War Pig" is looking pretty damn good!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: