News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

Yeah it would be nice to see the Stegosaurus, War Pig, and King Trident, but doubt they're happening this year at this rate with all the other things shown so far.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Reptilia

They promised both Ankylosaurus and Triceratops for this year, if they fail to materialize I will lose my faith in Rebor's doing any herbivore ever. And I'm gonna start considering to sell my "King T-Rex" and "Fallen Queen" set, it pisses me off that they don't complete the diorama with "King Trident".

tanystropheus

Quote from: Reptilia on September 23, 2017, 05:05:37 AM
They promised both Ankylosaurus and Triceratops for this year, if they fail to materialize I will lose my faith in Rebor's doing any herbivore ever. And I'm gonna start considering to sell my "King T-Rex" and "Fallen Queen" set, it pisses me off that they don't complete the diorama with "King Trident".

What would you do if they announce a release of "King Trident" within 1 month of you selling your "King T-Rex" and "Fallen Queen" set?  ;)

Reptilia

Well, but I would only start thinking about selling them, you know...  O:-)

joossa

Quote from: Reptilia on September 23, 2017, 05:05:37 AM
They promised both Ankylosaurus and Triceratops for this year, if they fail to materialize I will lose my faith in Rebor's doing any herbivore ever.

Really? Don't you think that's a bit over the top? Rebor is known to be very capricious. I don't doubt the herbivores are coming since they will make them money, but you can't trust Rebor's half-in statements about when things will be released. They will release them when they want to, be it this year or next. Holding them accountable (on any level) for what they say is not a smart thing given their track record.  ::)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Reptilia

Well, since last december they announced five (!) herbivores I was quite confident we would have seen at least a couple of them released. It's only september, so technically there's still time for both "War Pig" and "King Trident", and I'll keep hoping for the Triceratops, but yeah, Rebor proved once again you can't rely on their word. Sweetly unprofessional, I'd say.

Faelrin

You'd think at the very least War Pig would have been released by now, but instead there's like a dozen other things that have popped up since. I'm still hoping it'll be released by the end of the year or early next year, but I'm starting to think it's a slim chance.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Reptilia

Can't remember when they teased "War Pig", maybe shortly after the Carnotaurus full reveal, but I recall they said it was expected for the summer. So I strongly suspect it's been postponed, and the Triceratops consequentially so. Maybe it all depends on the Carnotaurus delay, who knows?

CityRaptor

Seems more to me that they announced them when Papo announced their 2017 line up, just to one up Papo.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Reptilia

Yeah, it was probably just a reaction to Papo's announcement. My prediction is that they're going to close the year with the JW Velociraptor in october and then the Deinosuchus in december. We'll see.

Reptilia

Guess this is new from Rebor, here's what they posted on Facebook with the BBTS pre-order for "Pete":

Preorder is up let's go! Grab one quickly cus once gone it won't be available until next year!

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Reptilia on October 02, 2017, 08:22:54 PM
Guess this is new from Rebor, here's what they posted on Facebook with the BBTS pre-order for "Pete":

Preorder is up let's go! Grab one quickly cus once gone it won't be available until next year!

Same thing happened with Alex in the US. BBTS, which I think is the only real retailer in the US for Rebor, sold out. They said they won't be doing another run on Alex until next year.

Reptilia

So it's a warning for US buyers specifically.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Reptilia on September 27, 2017, 01:15:45 PM
Yeah, it was probably just a reaction to Papo's announcement. My prediction is that they're going to close the year with the JW Velociraptor in october and then the Deinosuchus in december. We'll see.

So titanoboa is not going to be commercialized this year? What a disappointment, on the other hand I thought that the ankylosaurus and the sarcosuchus (although there is still little news about this figure were going to be sold by Rebor.

Reptilia

Some Facebook user asked Rebor if there's any news on Stegosaurus and "King Trident", here's their answer:

We are trying to give them some special features to stop bootleggers from using our sculpts

In other words, the Triceratops is still not ready and won't be out for Christmas as they promised. Good job Rebor.

stargatedalek

*sigh*

So adding dumb gimmicks is supposed to prevent bootlegging? Isn't that just going to encourage people to buy the bootlegs instead because the bootlegs will just be solid pieces of plastic without wires that break or unimpressive moving parts that jack up the price of the original?

It's a risk to be sure, if it works sure they've made something that can't be replicated (in full) for much cheaper which could discourage people buying bootlegs, but if it doesn't they've screwed themselves.

tanystropheus

With the advent of 3D printing, bootleggers are beginning to rival authentic products.  Bootlegs of NECA, Revoltech and S.H Figuarts products are barely distinguishable from the real thing (aside from flimsier joints and pegs). Not sure if there is much REBOR (or Papo) can do...

Reptilia

I don't know, really. It just sounds like an excuse to postpone something they said would have been released before the end of the year. To be honest if they're going to put some silly trick on their Triceratops I might just decide to skip it. I want cool models with the less articulation possible, otherwise I would look for some plastic toy.

Shonisaurus

I am in favor of that the figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals are the least articulated possible, thing that does not happen unfortunately with the models of Rebor, thing that I do not like.

According to Rebor their dinosaurs are intended for collectors, but their excessive articulation, makes them more toys for children than for adults, on the other hand with the articulated pieces causes them to give themselves as a step with the deinonychus of the same brand. To collect articulated dinosaurs there are other companies like Jurassic Park or Playmovil to put two examples and their prices are not so exaggerated.

In fact, I was one of the first to assert that I was against the theropods of any company having articulated jaws. Honestly I am not convinced by this policy of Rebor nor do I like it.  :(

Reptilia

I like articulated jaws on theropods, but that's about it. I don't appreciate the movable arms on their raptors, for example, or the flexible feature they'll give to the Titanoboa. Herbivores then shouldn't have any articulated part in my opinion, so if they say they're planning some "special features" for Stegosaurus and Triceratops I can't see anything good coming. Oh well, I already have Papos, I can do without Rebor versions just like I did with the Acrocanthosaurus, the Ceratosaurus and the Carnotaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: