News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peradon2304

Hi, I'm new here. I'm just starting to collect REBOR models. I started 2 months ago and I already own 8 of them. :))  Well, the lastest one I brought is Utahraptor "wind hunter" and I heard about leaning issue and the fixed version.

So, I just wonder how to know if the one I got is a fixed version? ???

Halichoeres

Quote from: Peradon2304 on September 06, 2017, 01:04:16 PM
Hi, I'm new here. I'm just starting to collect REBOR models. I started 2 months ago and I already own 8 of them. :))  Well, the lastest one I brought is Utahraptor "wind hunter" and I heard about leaning issue and the fixed version.

Welcome! I didn't know they had fixed the leaning issue, but maybe a Rebor collector around here will know.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

tanystropheus

Easy. There are two methods. Observe for the following:

(1) The model spontaneously falls apart within the first 10 days of purchase
(2) The model exhibits a lack of postural control after an adverse extrinsic event (e.g. changes in humidity, barometric pressure, or temperature)

If your model passes the test, it is, more likely than not, a 'fixed' version.

Victoria's Cantina

Trust me. You'll know. If it's a leaner it'll begin leaning probably within a day. If it's not, it won't.

I don't know where you bought it, but Big Bad Toy Store hasn't stocked the leaning one for over a year and a half, maybe two years.

Peradon2304

Thanks for all answers. After I tracking it for a week now. Mine is leaning to the front 0.5 cm per day.  So, that means I got old stock I guess. Still nice model though.  :))

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Peradon2304 on September 11, 2017, 11:39:41 AM
Thanks for all answers. After I tracking it for a week now. Mine is leaning to the front 0.5 cm per day.  So, that means I got old stock I guess. Still nice model though.  :))

That's what I did long time ago to solve the problem:

It's been working...  ;)

Reptilia

I wonder if the new jumping raptor will have similar issues. It'd be pretty difficult to fix, given the length of the rod and how the figure is positioned.

Peradon2304

@RobinGoodfellow wow, that bush looks really nice.

@Reptilia My Alex delarge has no problem at all  ^-^

Rain

Shonisaurus

The snake is Reborn's famous titanoboa.

ZoPteryx

I wonder why the Titanoboa has two separate head pieces.

Halichoeres

Quote from: ZoPteryx on September 19, 2017, 08:34:09 PM
I wonder why the Titanoboa has two separate head pieces.

My guess is that one is striking and one is at rest.

This is the first sign of that Dunk that we've seen in a while. I thought they might have abandoned it.

Also, shall we assume that's a Megapiranha?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Reptilia

The Dunkleosteus looks like will have articulation in the upper jaw, which sounds strange to me, at least if I got right what placoderms were like. Judging by the proportions with the bigger shark it seems that it'll be pretty big too, with the small fish being probably an accessory in the package. I am definitely interested this time around, I just hope it won't take ages to get released.

Faelrin

Nice to see another update on this stuff. I'm glad the Dunkleosteus might actually see the day of light now.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

stargatedalek

All of these actually look fantastic, aside from the sharks they're definite buys from me (and even the sharks are a maybe and I typically avoid mackerel sharks).

Halichoeres

Quote from: Reptilia on September 20, 2017, 02:22:21 AM
The Dunkleosteus looks like will have articulation in the upper jaw, which sounds strange to me, at least if I got right what placoderms were like. Judging by the proportions with the bigger shark it seems that it'll be pretty big too, with the small fish being probably an accessory in the package. I am definitely interested this time around, I just hope it won't take ages to get released.

Good eye, I hadn't noticed that. I actually think that's a really cool touch, because Dunkleosteus, like other arthrodires, had a movable joint between its median thoracic plate and its head plate. Most fish open their mouths by opening both jaws at once (unlike mammals, in which only the lower jaw moves), but in the case of Dunkleosteus I think it's a better idea to make the upper jaw move than the lower jaw, because it's a joint between two plates, whereas the lower jaw movement is mostly hidden under muscle and skin. I think this will make it look more natural.

Reptilia

I just realized the Dunkleosteus is upside down, so the articulation will be in the lower jaw actually.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Reptilia on September 20, 2017, 04:18:36 AM
I just realized the Dunkleosteus is upside down, so the articulation will be in the lower jaw actually.

I made the same mistake...I was looking for the Dunk for like 10 minutes. I thought people were calling it Megapiraha. I feel silly.

tanystropheus

I think REBOR should make a deluxe boxed set (of prehistoric fishes, sharks or crocodilians). It would sell a tons.

Reptilia

Agree, the two crocs for example would work better as a box-set.

If the small fish in the picture is an accessory to the Dunkleosteus, as I guessed, it can't be Megapiranha though. I wonder what kind of devonian fish could be, if my guess is right.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: