News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Thanks for the photos published Shadowknight1 this tyrannosaurus of Rebor looks impressive, far surpasses his first tyrannosaurus. This one seems much nicer by far. Very awesome

Faelrin

So the jaws and arms are articulated, and the tail is bendy wire. Seems like this is the standard for Rebor figures now. I bet all these gimmicks have something to do with the price. Might be why they had to axe the bases to make them more affordable with all these features, beyond the jaw articulation.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Jetdin

man this upcoming killer queen..im really digging it! will be the first and probably only rebor figure i would buy as of whatever they have released so far

IrritatorRaji

New picture of the V.rex

Shonisaurus

That Vastatosaurus Rex is gorgeus looks demonic. Very detailed to the last detail and those teeth ... is a figure that inspires fear seems out of the worst nightmares of a human being.

In short a very awesome figure, nice, cool and gorgeus. Good for the company Rebor every day I like more.  8)

Minmiminime

Whew, that is detailed! And gnarly. I like the touch with the varnish on the teeth. Not my thing, but great work! ^-^
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

tanystropheus

Both T-rexes are a must have, especially since Itoy failed to deliver.

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 05, 2018, 10:13:59 PM
Both T-rexes are a must have, especially since Itoy failed to deliver.

Yeah, that was a real shame with IToy :/

MESOZOIC BEAST

Would love to see Rebor add Concavenator to their 1/35 scale

Shonisaurus

Quote from: MESOZOIC BEAST on September 09, 2018, 05:03:21 PM

First of all, welcome to the forum. On the other hand I would also like a concavenator made by Rebor would be great.

MESOZOIC BEAST

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 09, 2018, 05:30:34 PM

First of all, welcome to the forum. On the other hand I would also like a concavenator made by Rebor would be great.

Thank you. Yes, I think Rebor could make a very nice, accurate model of this one, the original fossil that was found is a virtually complete skeleton and beautifully preserved

Shonisaurus

Quote from: MESOZOIC BEAST on September 09, 2018, 06:37:58 PM

Thank you. Yes, I think Rebor could make a very nice, accurate model of this one, the original fossil that was found is a virtually complete skeleton and beautifully preserved

True, the concavenator is one of the few theropods to date discovered in Spain best preserved together with the pelecanimimus.

It would be interesting to make a detailed concavenator since we just do not have many active paleoartistic representations of this strange theropod.

MESOZOIC BEAST

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 09, 2018, 11:52:45 PM
Quote from: MESOZOIC BEAST on September 09, 2018, 06:37:58 PM

True, the concavenator is one of the few theropods to date discovered in Spain best preserved together with the pelecanimimus.

It would be interesting to make a detailed concavenator since we just do not have many active paleoartistic representations of this strange theropod.

The original scientific description of Concavenator is a freely available online pdf and it also includes an illustration (in colour) of a flesh reconstruction, so that would probably make some of the design work a little bit easier. At around 6 metres long it is a fair sized theropod that would be ideal for 1/35 scale. I think someone may have mentioned previously that they would like to see Rebor do some of the less well known types, perhaps this might be a nice one for them to consider adding to their product range

IrritatorRaji

While I wouldn't mind Concavenator, I don't think it's Rebor's thing. It's still a fairly obscure dinosaur, and Rebor seems to make models based on dinosaurs that appear in Jurassic Park / World (with the only exception being Lourinhanosaurus as I don't think it's made any big screen appearances). Concavenator actually did appear in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, however it made its appearance in the form of a taxidermy mount and it honestly didn't look that great...

IrritatorRaji

Minmiminime

That's good, they seem to be pressing ahead rapidly with this one 😁 Looking forward to seeing the colour version...or possibly, versions!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Minmiminime on September 10, 2018, 08:36:58 PM
Looking forward to seeing the colour version...or possibly, versions!

I'm willing to bet that we'll see 2 versions, green and brown from Jurassic Park and black and yellow (or it least it looks like there's some yellow on the plates) from Jurassic World :P

Faelrin

I hope there will be a version that at least matches Melon and Clover. I'm really glad they are doing herbivores after all this time, since the Ankylosaurus turned out nice.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Faelrin on September 10, 2018, 10:31:42 PM
I hope there will be a version that at least matches Melon and Clover. I'm really glad they are doing herbivores after all this time, since the Ankylosaurus turned out nice.

Honestly I see very well the prototype of Rebor's stegosaurus. If it is equal or better than the ankylosaurus of the same brand they have a secure buyer.

I have all three versions of Rebor's ankylosaurus painting and I can say that they are wonderful for touch and sight. Maybe they are not scientific but they are very well finished figures and for me that is very important, that they are detailed and hyperrealistic figures in that for that I affirm that I like scientific figures of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals more.

Let's hope that Rebor will one day make scientific figures not based on films, regardless of whether his figures are great.

mgaguilar

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on September 10, 2018, 07:31:53 PM
New Stegosaurus pic

Yowza look at the detail on those growth striations of each plate. Gorgeous little details.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: