News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain

I never really cared too much for the bases, though the fancy boxes were part of REBOR's charm. It's a shame they're getting rid of them, IMO

Faelrin

I honestly did like the fancy bases and boxes, but if it keeps the costs down I suppose I can't be too disappointed. I just hope that's not going to affect their older models such as the Ceratosaurus with that gorgeous base on future production runs (if any).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Syndicate Bias

Yea I was thinking maybe they might stop doing them like that and just making the model although I kind of doubt it. I think they will just retire them honestly, saves Rebor any backlash for not making anymore bases and fancy boxes for their older models. I think if i remember ED posted that their dimorphodon pair were being retired so I'd say I wouldn't be surprised if their ceratosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus and Yutyrannus became extinct in a few years.

empire3569

Quote from: Minmiminime on August 21, 2018, 08:28:56 PM
Ah, that's interesting to know! Thank you for sharing this information, avatar_empire3569 @empire3569 😊

It's a bit of a shame about the bases, but I can totally understand it, there must be a huge production cost element with some of them. The base that accompanies Savage is an artwork in its own right, the polystone base of Y-REX is rather plain but looks really good, the Dimorphodon pair have a piece of scenery which is far more than just a base, etc...I feel it tends to give the figures something of a living quality, like a little window into their world. Does this mean they're not going to do so many dynamic poses in future? That they've had enough of making JP style 'raptors, even? I guess they're now going to have to compete more on the same level as Papo, as well as find themselves up against up and coming scientific brands like PNSO and Vitae.

It's certainly been a very steep learning curve for them, they've produced an incredible number of models since their inception, and it will certainly be interesting to see what the future holds for them...

I agree completely, I really liked the bases too, and was hoping that Stegosaurus would have a similar base to their Ceratosaurus (which is their best base, IMO). A bit disappointed we won't get any more. I am going to make a custom base for Stegosaurus that fits with the Ceratosaurus so they can be a diorama together, since I display all my Rebor's with their bases

Shonisaurus

I sincerely prefer Rebor dinosaurs without a base, for various reasons for space and economic savings.

On the other hand the stegosaurus and stygimoloch look good in regards to their prototypes. I congratulate that finally Rebor have projected herbivorous dinosaurs and not limited to carnivorous dinosaurs.

Syndicate Bias

Their V Rex better not be 65 dollars then.

Shadowknight1

I actually am beyond disappointed that they're nixing bases and boxes.  Their dinosaurs have a hard time standing on their own and the boxes do give me a feeling of security that they might not be warped.  And how is the Stygimoloch going to stand without a base?  It has a leg hiked up midstride.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Renecito

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 25, 2018, 11:28:18 AM
Quote from: Renecito on June 24, 2018, 06:44:01 PM
Coming releases:

-Titanoboa
-V. Rex
-Deinosuchus
-Sarcosuchus
-Science friendly Spinosaurus

Now I'm starting to like Rebor!!!

You've forgotten the velociraptor nicknamed "Sweeney" is available in mid-July A Facebook user Rebor asked when the velociraptor in question would be available and the company replied that in mid-July.

So you have to add the velociraptor "Sweeney".

Really another velociraptor? Okay, well, personally I'm not a Rebor fan but I guess i like those non-dinosaur models (V. Rex included), and the only dinosaur on that list i posted could be a good surprise if it's scientifically accurate as they promised.

And it sounds great to me that they're going to get rid of the bases.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Victoria's Cantina

That's a shame about the bases. Personally I really appreciated them. (Especially that gorgeous Ceratosaurus base.) To me, the bases are what separated them from Papo and other companies. Obviously I don't think any of us want to pay $75-100 for future dinosaurs with bases, so I suppose it's a tradeoff.

ceratopsian

I too will miss the bases.  I liked them and they differentiated Rebor from their rival companies.  I might be more reluctant to buy another Stegosaurus without the base to add to those I already have.  I suppose too we'll need to see where their prices settle without the base and packaging.

Shonisaurus

I suppose that with the revelation on the part of Rebor of the stegosaurus and the stygimoloch the rest of the rival companies will rush to make replicas of these two herbivorous dinosaurs.

As far as the stygimoloch is concerned, I suppose they do the same with a base, even removable like its velociraptors. I can not imagine a stygimoloch without a base. It is absolutely impossible to stand without any basis. I do hope that the figures are a little cheaper if some prehistoric animals lack base as the stegosaurus sincerely in my case will thank me my pocket and my economy.

The most prehistoric animals in my case are the deinosuchus and the sarcosuchus nicknamed "Metal" and "Lica".

Dyscrasia

From Rebor's facebook page.

REBOR Club Selection for 2018: Hurricane the Hatchling Baryonyx

Ceratosaurus

Not really interested this particular piece but I'd expected this means they're working on a 1:35 scale Baryonyx.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

IrritatorRaji

Uhhh, that football isn't going to a part of the model, is it..?

Minmiminime

This one may have a very limited target audience 🤔
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Syndicate Bias

Well that's good news, that means an adult Baryonyx is up for consideration or already in the works

Im surprised the v rex is still MIA. They did say August or September. Maybe we will hear more from Rebor this month

Minmiminime

It looks like it's going to have a very heavy crocodilian influence; I'm surprised there aren't more artistic depictions of Baryonyx which borrow skin and scales from crocodilians, so I'll be interested to see what they make of the adult.

I'm losing track of all the bits and pieces they've got in the works! It never fails to astonish me how many models they've produced in such a short time. I hope their Stegosaurus doesn't vanish, though
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on August 31, 2018, 08:58:06 PM
Well that's good news, that means an adult Baryonyx is up for consideration or already in the works

Im surprised the v rex is still MIA. They did say August or September. Maybe we will hear more from Rebor this month
Forget the V-rex, I'm still waiting for that T. rex.  Considering that the I-Toys one turned out to look rather poor, I want to see what Rebor's second take will look like.  Hopefully without needing support to stay standing.

Victoria's Cantina

Not feeling the Baryonyx baby. It's not awful, and in general I think the Club Selection dinos are merely OK at best, but I just don't find it exciting.  The only one I have is Clover, and I think she turned out the best.

Shadowknight1

Speaking of the "Killer Queen" T. rex, they posted a couple of pictures showing the articulation.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: