News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Balaur on March 30, 2015, 07:16:47 AM
Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on March 30, 2015, 07:12:24 AM
Quote from: Balaur on March 30, 2015, 07:01:26 AM
Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on March 30, 2015, 06:57:23 AM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on March 30, 2015, 06:40:27 AM
Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on March 30, 2015, 05:43:03 AM
6. The above comments are for a small group of people ONLY, how can you tell? If you felt offended after reading these, congratulation! you are one of them :)
That is unless you are Doug Watson, whose Acrocanthosaurus sculpt you just called cartoonish.

Never heard of this guy, guess he is not so talented after all or just being really lazy with his work or just have bad taste of art, unrealistic skill folds and simple "goosebumps"around scales indicate that either he has primitive sculpture skills or simply the company didn't pay him enough to take the job seriously. We have the right to speak because trust us, we KNOW art.

Doug Watson is a member of this forum. He actually takes time to make accurate models. What I don't like is that you think you are the best at what you do. (I hate saying selfish) You do a good job, but seriously, this is immature.

To be honest anybody can tell that his Acrocanthosaurus sculpture are not even on the same level with ours. We are not the best, we have never said so, however we do love what we do and we always take it quite seriously, it's an attitude.

Okay. I'm trying really hard to be nice but, I have a question. Are you deaf? How, in anyway, is your "sculpture", better than Doug's? Also, pick another model he sculpted. Elasmosaurus.. my god is that beautiful! I actually would love to see an Elasmosaurus from you guy's. What he was is a style, like yours. So really, stop being a bully saying "ER MER GERRRRDDD!!!! WER DER BERST EVRVERRRRR!!!!" Because when you start to do that, it leads to people hating you. So please, be mature and stop it.

OK, so this is the head sculpt he did for the beautiful Elasmosaurus

Enough said

tanystropheus

I want to see a REBOR Elasmosaurus! My best Elasmo is the Schleich version. LOL. Please make one!

(sorry, I came back from hiding)

Balaur

Another problem you don't listen. I just told you that if you could handle criticism you could be more successful with the people here. Any response?

By the way, where the rest of the Elasmosaurus? I'm holding it right now and it looks very lovely.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Balaur on March 30, 2015, 07:44:51 AM
Another problem you don't listen. I just told you that if you could handle criticism you could be more successful with the people here. Any response, or do I maybe have to just start going nuts?

By the way, where the rest of the Elasmosaurus? I'm holding it right now and it looks very lovely.

That would be a great idea, hold on, got to get our nutcracker first :)

Balaur

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on March 30, 2015, 07:49:22 AM
Another problem you don't listen. I just told you that if you could handle criticism you could be more successful with the people here. Any response, or do I maybe have to just start going nuts?

Ugh. *Sighs*. Why am I still arguing? I'm just leaving before I end up saying something I'll never be forgiven for.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Balaur on March 30, 2015, 07:50:52 AM
Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on March 30, 2015, 07:49:22 AM

Ugh. *Sighs*. Why am I still arguing? I'm just leaving before I end up saying something I'll never be forgiven for.

It's OK :) we understand what you are trying to say, and we do apologise for being an ass, just teasing and being extra playful cuz it's fun  :D

John

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on March 30, 2015, 07:29:43 AM
Quote from: John on March 30, 2015, 07:10:09 AM
6. The above comments are for a small group of people ONLY, how can you tell? If you felt offended after reading these, congratulation! you are one of them :)
That is unless you are Doug Watson, whose Acrocanthosaurus sculpt you just called cartoonish.

Never heard of this guy, guess he is not so talented after all or just being really lazy with his work or just have bad taste of art, unrealistic skill folds and simple "goosebumps"around scales indicate that either he has primitive sculpture skills or simply the company didn't pay him enough to take the job seriously. We have the right to speak because trust us, we KNOW art.
Rebor,do us all a favor and stick the condescending attitude back up your ass! You talk so much shit about everyone else,so here's something for you.You claim your products are "statues on par with Sideshow Collectibles",when anyone with a working pair of eyes can see that they are TOYS!Overpriced as hell despite being no better than those of Papo,but toys nonetheless,no matter how thick you spread the bullshit about "knowing art".

Oops, harsh language detected, moderator needed! :)

Since when we have said that our product are not toys? And what's wrong with toys? By the way Sideshows are toys as well, check their domain:www.sideshowtoy.com 

As for the price, FIY the average cost to ship one box of King T-rex from our factory to UK is 6 Pounds due to the size and weight, plus our molds are way expensive then Papo's, and injection moulding process cost even more. And please remember, the retail price is not what we are getting, if you understand how business works.

The brand was created by the common interests of our team and every member has a different job, we are not even making any money from our products at all, usually we have to feed our own money to to brand to keep it going, so what else can you ask from us?

Your attitude here makes it easy for me not care about your business or how you and your team run it.You must be out of your mind if you think anyone is going to buy anything from you at this point.I know I sure as hell won't.In the future,you will be much better off if you don't try to take anyone to task on a public forum like this.You will never win when you rely on us for your business.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Uroplatus

Atleast that Elasmosaurus doesn't have it's face burried in the ground like a certain Utahraptor that I am thinking of right now...
Enough said.  8)

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: John on March 30, 2015, 08:01:32 AM
Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on March 30, 2015, 07:29:43 AM
Quote from: John on March 30, 2015, 07:10:09 AM

Rebor,do us all a favor and stick the condescending attitude back up your ass! You talk so much shit about everyone else,so here's something for you.You claim your products are "statues on par with Sideshow Collectibles",when anyone with a working pair of eyes can see that they are TOYS!Overpriced as hell despite being no better than those of Papo,but toys nonetheless,no matter how thick you spread the bullshit about "knowing art".

Oops, harsh language detected, moderator needed! :)

Since when we have said that our product are not toys? And what's wrong with toys? By the way Sideshows are toys as well, check their domain:www.sideshowtoy.com 

As for the price, FIY the average cost to ship one box of King T-rex from our factory to UK is 6 Pounds due to the size and weight, plus our molds are way expensive then Papo's, and injection moulding process cost even more. And please remember, the retail price is not what we are getting, if you understand how business works.

The brand was created by the common interests of our team and every member has a different job, we are not even making any money from our products at all, usually we have to feed our own money to to brand to keep it going, so what else can you ask from us?

Your attitude here makes it easy for me not care about your business or how you and your team run it.You must be out of your mind if you think anyone is going to buy anything from you at this point.I know I sure as hell won't.You would be much better off if you don't try to take anyone to task on a public forum like this,you will never win when you rely on us for your business.

Who gives you the right to represent the others? All we know is that some members on this forum never plan to purchase any REBOR's product and hated us from the very beginning, we are talking to them ONLY, it's your own choice to get involved, so no, we are not relying on you for our business, we are here simply because we are the member of this forum, just like you. The way you talk really shows that you are no better than us, if you thought you are.

We always love and respect all other collectors and our fans, we only care about what they think, and our products will be sold out, as always :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Okay everyone needs to chill.

REBOR. We don't tolerate anyone making fun of another artist's work, ( we've said the same in your defense before) consider this a warning to knock it off or you can be banned.

Other members. No foul language! Stop being drawn in by comments by others. I'm sure other members appreciate your defending them, but childish bickering is no way to go about it.  I  saw this coming and stayed awake tonight to deal with it. Now everyone just stop it.  You know, I'm going to lock the thread and we can sort it out later.

DinoToyForum

Thanks for temporarily locking the thread blade. Rebor and John have now been banned for 30 days and I have unlocked the thread for civilised discussion to continue.

suspsy

Wow, is this the first time a company (or at least an official company representative) has been banned for rudeness? Talk about disgraceful. I for one wouldn't be the least bit disappointed if they never came back.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

DinoToyForum

Quote from: suspsy on March 30, 2015, 12:30:40 PM
Wow, is this the first time a company (or at least an official company representative) has been banned for rudeness? Talk about disgraceful. I for one wouldn't be the least bit disappointed if they never came back.

It is done now, so let's let it be, and get back onto the topic at hand. Thanks!

Arul

I imagine what next for the REBOR tradition, reveal the silhouette of the next model  :D Let me guess...emm what do you think guys ?

DinoLord

I had originally planned on picking up the Ceratosaurus, but to be honest this whole fiasco has discouraged me pretty strongly from supporting this company.

Saurian

they say such things about other companies and not only safari :-X..I think Doug did a fantastic Nigersaurus,i have this figure
Soory,my English is poor

Shonisaurus

I understand that in fact nobody is perfect and although I am a collector of figures Rebor apart from other figures of other companies dinosaurs, admittedly strive as any undertaking of toys and figures of prehistoric replicas, I just got the Jolly triceratops Rebor number 624 very detailed and the material used (high quality polyresin is quite affordable) and is very detailed.

Moreover Rebor should not take criticism of the forum members as an insult, everyone thinks one way, the other here each pour our opinion sometimes hard, but for the sake of business, although I understand that each has its own philosophy.

Moreover even in animals that live happily with us, like the dove, dog, cat blunders committed by the most reputable companies, for one simple reason, as natural, unless it is a figure of resin, wax or reproduction a stuffed animal is not possible to make an exact replica. Moreover if we reach that certainty how much more faults are committed with an animal that millions or tens of thousands of years has gone, and unfortunately even more when m

Moreover until we fully see the Acrocanthosaurus with details of painting, we can not comment, being one hundred percent accurate.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Saurian on March 30, 2015, 03:10:05 PM
they say such things about other companies and not only safari :-X..I think Doug did a fantastic Nigersaurus,i have this figure
He didn't sculpt the Nigersaurus.

Simon

From the very beginning the real problem with this company on this board has not really been in the pieces that they sculpt - variation in accuracy and quality exist in all toy and figure lines - it has been in the way that they have chosen to market and advertise their wares.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Simon on March 30, 2015, 05:08:34 PM
From the very beginning the real problem with this company on this board has not really been in the pieces that they sculpt - variation in accuracy and quality exist in all toy and figure lines - it has been in the way that they have chosen to market and advertise their wares.

For me, I think you hit the nail on the head. The marketing and advertising has been the root cause of many a  concern.  The products themselves are each commented on individually as we would any other manufacturer's wares.

We all have opinions, some like or don't like something. I liked the Ceratosaurus quite a bit myself. I felt the foot I could see in the Acro pic was a bit large.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: