News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrx

It's definitely pre-Sophie in design (back legs much longer than forelegs, plates crowded together, neck and tail fairly short), but it does look rather nice. I like the armor on the forelegs, just like the Sideshow Stegosaurus has.

Dino Scream3232

Review is up for the Killer Queen pair. Really well done figures from Rebor. Definitely a must have if your into JP style dinosaurs. Did a lot of comparisons with other figures in the review. Enjoy!! https://youtu.be/VP8_XmDM0rs

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tanystropheus on April 26, 2019, 01:04:07 PM
Is this an accurate or a JP Stegosaurus? I can't even tell anymore  :-[

Not a JP Stegosaurus for sure.  Certainly feels like an accurate 90's/early 2000's though.

Quote from: Patrx on April 26, 2019, 02:53:20 PM
It's definitely pre-Sophie in design (back legs much longer than forelegs, plates crowded together, neck and tail fairly short), but it does look rather nice. I like the armor on the forelegs, just like the Sideshow Stegosaurus has.

Holding up Doug's Sophie Safari piece the anatomy isn't too bad, the legs look about right, bit too high just past the tail. Agreed on the plates and tail, though I hate to hold up some things like that as they could be just variations.  It was probably copied from the Sideshow Stego looking at it, lots of similarities. 

Kikizilla101

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on February 28, 2019, 05:25:13 PM

Please stargatedalek, we are truly sorry for all bad things we said years ago, we admit that we were arrogant and stupid back then and we beg your forgiveness, but we never lied about anything even from the very beginning, we've always been very open and more than happy to share everything we know, we just couldn't understand why you think everything came out of our months are straight lies? This is very hurtful and unfair to be honest.

Wow I am very happy to see you guys acknowledge this. I was talking to a friend about your guys' stunning new Jungle Queen figure and how much I really want to get it! However, I explained to them that I couldn't, I promised myself that I would never buy from you guys for all the extremely insulting and childish things you said to your fans, supporters, and customers. Even my own personal friends were caught in the crossfire. So myself and a whole large group of my friends (large YouTube creators involved) have completely boycotted purchasing from your company. I NEVER even slightly anticipated you guys EVER publicly apologizing for your actions, I deemed it impossible. However I am extremely pleasantly surprised by this, in-fact I am relieved so much it probably just made my day! So thank you for that!

If I may however, I really highly suggest that you guys take this apology and publicly post it to your social medias like Facebook, where a lot of these fans were turned off in the first place! If you guys take the stand and do so, I can personally assure you that you will receive forgiveness from myself and all my friends who have boycotted you, and we will happily purchase your figures again, or for people like me, purchase them for the first time. I cant stress enough how powerful and important it is to the community for you to do this! And if you guys truly do want to be welcomed into the community as much as fan favorites like Safari, Papo, etc, it is imperative that all of your followers get to hear that apology. Thank you again, and I hope you heavily consider my suggestion.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Kikizilla101 on April 27, 2019, 12:53:39 AM
If I may however, I really highly suggest that you guys take this apology and publicly post it to your social medias like Facebook, where a lot of these fans were turned off in the first place! If you guys take the stand and do so, I can personally assure you that you will receive forgiveness from myself .......

::) Oh no, not again. Come on, get over it!

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 27, 2019, 08:17:24 AM
If I may however, I really highly suggest that you guys take this apology and publicly post it to your social medias like Facebook, where a lot of these fans were turned off in the first place! If you guys take the stand and do so, I can personally assure you that you will receive forgiveness from myself .......

::) Oh no, not again. Come on, get over it!

Ditto!

i think their apology here was more than enough ;)

tanystropheus

Please stargatedalek, we are truly sorry for all bad things we said years ago, we admit that we were arrogant and stupid back then and we beg your forgiveness, but we never lied about anything even from the very beginning, we've always been very open and more than happy to share everything we know, we just couldn't understand why you think everything came out of our months are straight lies? This is very hurtful and unfair to be honest.

Wow I am very happy to see you guys acknowledge this. I was talking to a friend about your guys' stunning new Jungle Queen figure and how much I really want to get it! However, I explained to them that I couldn't, I promised myself that I would never buy from you guys for all the extremely insulting and childish things you said to your fans, supporters, and customers. Even my own personal friends were caught in the crossfire. So myself and a whole large group of my friends (large YouTube creators involved) have completely boycotted purchasing from your company. I NEVER even slightly anticipated you guys EVER publicly apologizing for your actions, I deemed it impossible. However I am extremely pleasantly surprised by this, in-fact I am relieved so much it probably just made my day! So thank you for that!

If I may however, I really highly suggest that you guys take this apology and publicly post it to your social medias like Facebook, where a lot of these fans were turned off in the first place! If you guys take the stand and do so, I can personally assure you that you will receive forgiveness from myself and all my friends who have boycotted you, and we will happily purchase your figures again, or for people like me, purchase them for the first time. I cant stress enough how powerful and important it is to the community for you to do this! And if you guys truly do want to be welcomed into the community as much as fan favorites like Safari, Papo, etc, it is imperative that all of your followers get to hear that apology. Thank you again, and I hope you heavily consider my suggestion.

I don't think it is in good faith to publicly apologize multiple times. It doesn't make any sense and stirs up hostile feelings (because most folks have an elementary grasp over their emotions).

We have an archive of everything REBOR has stated, it's available for anyone to see. If people are dumb enough not to take the time to inform themselves, then so be it.

stargatedalek

Given the nature of their Facebook following, I don't disagree that a statement there would be far more impactful. Especially given all of that here occurred as part of a larger discussion.

The idea that their established Facebook fanbase would take the time to search through posts here is ridiculous (one might even call it dumb). Especially after the actual raids that happened a few years ago.

BRONSON

I am sure they will be so relieved to hear this and will now be able sleep at night.

Shonisaurus

I understand that the exceptional and endearing company Rebor has apologized and has no need to publish their apologies on Facebook sincerely I think you have to forgive them and leave that mantra already passed a long time ago. If we do not forgive a company that is sharing as much joy as Rebor or our loved ones (cousins, uncles, parents, brothers, grandparents, grandchildren or acquaintances), how do we then tear our clothes before wars or injustices? Let's start at least to forgive the little things to make a better world.

Let's find the largest number of allies and avoid any enemy.

Killekor

Both the Rexy and the Stego look excellently made. I'll certainly get them!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Fembrogon

Wow, Killer Queen looks... REALLY good. I'd actually be tempted to buy that one sometime in the future.

Rain

Quote from: Reptilia on March 06, 2019, 11:38:01 PM
I want Rebor to make xenomorphs, as a homage to H.R. Giger.

Your wish is their command, I guess.

I'm not so sure Rebor will have as easy of a time getting away with this the way they did with the Jurassic Park "knock offs".

Reptilia

A "Xenorex" to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the original movie? That would be cool. I think that until you people keep calling Rebor products knock-offs you won't understand why they can get away with their works without being sued. There's plenty of fictional creatures to make into figures, I hope they'll keep going that direction, no matter what detractors say.

Rain

Quote from: Reptilia on May 01, 2019, 07:02:31 PM
A "Xenorex" to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the original movie? That would be cool. I think that until you people keep calling Rebor products knock-offs you won't understand why they can get away with their works without being sued. There's plenty of fictional creatures to make into figures, I hope they'll keep going that direction, no matter what detractors say.

It's in quotation marks for a reason. I don't know the technical term for the mass, unlicensed, production of a copy righted design...

stargatedalek

Quote from: Rain on May 02, 2019, 02:06:53 AM
Quote from: Reptilia on May 01, 2019, 07:02:31 PM

It's in quotation marks for a reason. I don't know the technical term for the mass, unlicensed, production of a copy righted design...
You had it right, the term is knock-off. A knock-off is something that is deliberately copied from something else not in attempt to take inspiration but in attempt to directly or near-directly imitate it. Papo and REBOR's Jurassic Park dinosaurs are a good example of this.

The difference between a knock-off and a bootleg is largely colloquial, but the general usage is that a knock-off is a deliberate copy whereas a bootleg is a literal copy (IE casting something already made).

As for whether this qualifies, I guess that depends on whether it's meant to be a serious take on a xenomorph dinosaur or as a parody. The basic xenomorph design is so ingrained in pop-culture that loose, legally safe creatures inspired by it are quite common, take for example the Reaper from ARK as another dinosaur based one. That however only follows the loose art style and idea of the creature, this takes specific and recognizable details of its design.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 02, 2019, 02:35:09 AMAs for whether this qualifies, I guess that depends on whether it's meant to be a serious take on a xenomorph dinosaur or as a parody. The basic xenomorph design is so ingrained in pop-culture that loose, legally safe creatures inspired by it are quite common, take for example the Reaper from ARK as another dinosaur based one. That however only follows the loose art style and idea of the creature, this takes specific and recognizable details of its design.

Frieza's second form from DBZ is another example of that.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Andanna

I assume some of us are more successful than I in avoiding social networks.  Posting on FB:

Shonisaurus

The colors of Rebor's dilophosaurus are seen as painted with a pop art style or as I call avant-garde. In short they are painted in a modern way inspired by the JP / JW franchise. Honestly the figures look good and are a couple of pretty pretty dilophosaurus. I celebrate that Rebor returns to the production of new figures and these are highly anticipated since it is the first time that they have made a theropod of these characteristics. Their bases are equal or better than those of dinosaurs of other brands. I guess the figure will get more expensive for this reason. Congratulations to Rebor. Encourage the Rebor team and continue your work. I am one of your followers!

Flaffy

The female isn't as dark green as I hoped. No real reason getting both as they look so similar.
Which one is closer to the JP dilophosaurus in terms of colouration?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: