News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

The (head of the) Dilophosaurus looks like their worst figure to date. Disappointing in every way.
I hope their awesome Spinosaurus will be released one day. That one looked surprisingly good in the previews.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 21, 2019, 09:26:41 PM
The (head of the) Dilophosaurus looks like their worst figure to date. Disappointing in every way.
I hope their awesome Spinosaurus will be released one day. That one looked surprisingly good in the previews.
It's okay...if you actually, for some reason, like the stunted Jurassic Park monster that they decided was a Dilophosaurus.  Personally, I prefer the real animal...it's far more interesting to look at than the JP monster.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on March 21, 2019, 10:35:00 PM
It's okay...if you actually, for some reason, like the stunted Jurassic Park monster that they decided was a Dilophosaurus.  Personally, I prefer the real animal...it's far more interesting to look at than the JP monster.

I like both versions, real and JP....though not sure i'll buy these yet.

I plan on getting the specimen jars for sure.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 22, 2019, 12:47:40 AM

Those are neat, I like that the baby T. rex doesn't look like a shrunken adult.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on March 22, 2019, 12:50:51 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 22, 2019, 12:47:40 AM

Those are neat, I like that the baby T. rex doesn't look like a shrunken adult.

Right, def a bit JP inspired too.  I have a Jurassic Park lab display with my 1:1 pieces that they will look perfect in.

Reptilia

Just to make it visible here:

and some more Q&A from their Facebook:

OK too many questions were asked! Guess it's time for another Q&A session!

Q: When is Killer Queen coming out ?
A: A bit delayed, will start shipping internationally around the 10th of April;

Q: Any base for Dilophosaurus?
A: Yes and they're going to be in the Punch&Judy format i.e. each variant includes a part of the whole diorama;

Q:Do REBOR Oddities Tyrannosaurus&Velociraptor Foetus Wet Specimens come in transparent eggs like REBOR Chickenosaurus Embryo? Will there be any light sources included?
A: Transparent yes, egg no, these are suppose to be wet specimens so they'll come in real specimen jars; yes both include their own light bases;

Q: Release date?
A: This summer.

Bring on the spitter though, I'm sure it'll be as awesome as the raptors.

Shonisaurus

R @Reptilia Thank you for the information shown on the Rebor facebook page. So it seems the Tyrannosaurus "Killer Queen" are taking a long time until April 10 and they were thought to be marketed in January.

On the other hand there are going to be two variants of dilophosaurus from Rebor, I suppose that they will take time to commercialize, as far as dinosaur fetuses are concerned, they do not interest me very much right now.

Syndicate Bias

Looks good. Gotta say the Spino lovers are very lucky this year

PhilSauria

My attempt to acquire all of this years Spinosaurus releases may have been hampered by the PNSO situation (as far as my position as a collector who happens to live in Australia is concerned) but at least local supplier Mini Zoo stocks Rebor so this one will, on its eventual release, be available to me. Lookin' good.

Shonisaurus

It is a very good figure but knowing the Rebor brand, I suppose it will take time to market it. They are very slow in their liberalization of figures. Unfortunately, the two expected Tyrannosaurus Killer Queen by Rebor are slowing down in terms of marketing these products. Going to the heart of the matter the unfinished spinosaurus prototype of Rebor looks very good.

Reptilia

Very similar to the Papo one, position-wise. Papo made it less crocodilian and much more imaginative with that peculiar tail. Then this one will be hollow vinyl, so a sure pass for me. Hopefully the JP version will be solid PVC.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Reptilia on April 06, 2019, 01:44:31 PM
Very similar to the Papo one, position-wise. Papo made it less crocodilian and much more imaginative with that peculiar tail. Then this one will be hollow vinyl, so a sure pass for me. Hopefully the JP version will be solid PVC.
Why a pass?  If it's durable and takes the paint well, this should be cheaper than its competitors, yes?

Also, a note!  On their FB page, Rebor said kits, so I'm wondering if there'll be fully assembled and painted versions and a kit version if you don't like the way they paint.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on April 06, 2019, 02:26:56 PM
Quote from: Reptilia on April 06, 2019, 01:44:31 PM
Why a pass?  If it's durable and takes the paint well, this should be cheaper than its competitors, yes?

Also, a note!  On their FB page, Rebor said kits, so I'm wondering if there'll be fully assembled and painted versions and a kit version if you don't like the way they paint.

I actually like the big hollow figures, reminds me of Kaiyodo years ago.  They also tend to be much larger and cost effective.

I'd buy the assembled one anyway and just repaint it instead of a kit. 

Over9K

So... will the Killer Queens be shipping this week?

Syndicate Bias

I don't know why buy it. Their King T Rex is still their better Rex imo.  Just glue it's foot to the base with epoxy glue and the problem is solved. The figure is useless without the base like most resin kits so might as well unless you're planning to play with them lol

Over9K

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on April 10, 2019, 05:32:12 AM
I don't know why buy it. Their King T Rex is still their better Rex imo.  Just glue it's foot to the base with epoxy glue and the problem is solved. The figure is useless without the base like most resin kits so might as well unless you're planning to play with them lol

Some of us want a nice Jurassic Park-esque T.rex, at a decent price point, and the King T.rex doesn't tick that box, it's more expensive, isn't that thrilling in photos and doesn't spin the accurometer too high either. I'm eager for my Killer Queen Jungle to arrive, and then for the Grab'n'Go T.rex to join it, some time in 2025...  :P

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on April 10, 2019, 05:49:32 AM

Some of us want a nice Jurassic Park-esque T.rex, at a decent price point, and the King T.rex doesn't tick that box, it's more expensive, isn't that thrilling in photos and doesn't spin the accurometer too high either. I'm eager for my Killer Queen Jungle to arrive, and then for the Grab'n'Go T.rex to join it, some time in 2025...  :P

This.  Currently my best JP Rex figure is the Papo one. This one will will suffice until Nanmu give it a go I think.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 10, 2019, 06:55:25 AM

This.  Currently my best JP Rex figure is the Papo one. This one will will suffice until Nanmu give it a go I think.

I was gonna say w dragons rex but then I realised Rebor does have better prices lol.

Their grab n go rex and spino tho.

One thing though...they didn't talk.about the Stygymoloch when they gave us some updates. I guess 2030 for it I see!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on April 10, 2019, 07:02:07 AM

I was gonna say w dragons rex but then I realised Rebor does have better prices lol.

One thing though...they didn't talk.about the Stygymoloch when they gave us some updates. I guess 2030 for it I see!

I noticed that too. That's a shame, the Stygimoloch was the one I was most interested in.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on April 10, 2019, 07:02:07 AM

W Dragons first rex didnt impress me much. the new spino and female rex look much better.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: