News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

It is a pity that they have discontinued the Rebor carnotaurus (if that is what I imagine) was quite good figure. Luckily I am lucky to have it on my shelves this figure of that emblematic theropod dinosaur from Argentina.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 05, 2019, 08:50:34 AM
It is a pity that they have discontinued the Rebor carnotaurus (if that is what I imagine) was quite good figure. Luckily I am lucky to have it on my shelves this figure of that emblematic theropod dinosaur from Argentina.

Why wasn't a warning issued about the REBOR Carnotaurus? How will I ever acquire it for a reasonable price? Also, why was it discontinued in the first place?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on November 05, 2019, 02:40:17 PM

Why wasn't a warning issued about the REBOR Carnotaurus? How will I ever acquire it for a reasonable price? Also, why was it discontinued in the first place?

You are absolutely right in case the Rebor carnotaurus is discontinued they should have warned.
For example, if tomorrow we are notified that Nanmu carnotaurus or sinoceratops are discontinued or Rebor dilophosaurus I would also like to be notified in time to acquire them at a reasonable price and not cost a fortune as happened with the Battat dinosaurs.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 05, 2019, 03:14:59 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on November 05, 2019, 02:40:17 PM

You are absolutely right in case the Rebor carnotaurus is discontinued they should have warned.
For example, if tomorrow we are notified that Nanmu carnotaurus or sinoceratops are discontinued or Rebor dilophosaurus I would also like to be notified in time to acquire them at a reasonable price and not cost a fortune as happened with the Battat dinosaurs.

I wonder if the REBOR Carnotaurus has been retired in favor of newer models or if they are running low on stock and will replenish later. I remember that the Y-rex vanished for about a year at a number of stores and the blind box hatchlings also disappeared for about a year only to return again at select stores including BBTS.

ceratopsian

Must confess that I'm very tempted by the Mountain version of the Stegosaurus.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: ceratopsian on November 06, 2019, 08:24:18 PM
Must confess that I'm very tempted by the Mountain version of the Stegosaurus.

It is honestly the most beautiful and exotic. I could buy it sincerely, regardless of whether the other two versions of Rebor stegosaurus fascinate me but the most attractive is the Mountain stegosaurus version.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Rain on November 04, 2019, 11:47:34 AM

Though it's a nice sculpt, I wish rebor would go back to hand sculpting. Their new figures look very over-textured and the detailing is way too uniform.

That's my thought also. This is one of Rebor's better products, but the texture is quite distracting. I think they're serving a fan base that conflates detail with realism.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

The Prehistoric Traveler

Does anyone know how accurate that stegosaurus is? This thing is beautiful but i don't collect movie dinosaurs.

tanystropheus

Quote from: The Prehistoric Traveler on November 11, 2019, 02:33:50 AM
Does anyone know how accurate that stegosaurus is? This thing is beautiful but i don't collect movie dinosaurs.

It's NOT a 'movie dinosaur.'

Syndicate Bias

avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO

Is the Spino gonna be a mid 2020 release? Just curious since we haven't heard anything since. Oh and is the T Rex gonna be possible for December? Just double curious  :P

Patrx

Definitely looks like a pre-Sophie reconstruction, the neck and tail are too short, the back legs are too long. But, apart from that it looks pretty good, much more up-to-date than the very '90s JP2 Stego or the very '70s JW Stego. I would have even considered buying this one if it had been released circa 2013 or so  :D

MLMjp

Quote from: Patrx on November 11, 2019, 05:19:35 AM

Definitely looks like a pre-Sophie reconstruction, the neck and tail are too short, the back legs are too long. But, apart from that it looks pretty good, much more up-to-date than the very '90s JP2 Stego or the very '70s JW Stego. I would have even considered buying this one if it had been released circa 2013 or so  :D
Not to mention that it is Stegosaurus armatus which is now considered a dubious name due to the fragmentary remains. Only valid Stegosaurus species are Stegosaurus stenops, S.ungulatus and S. sulcatus.

Shonisaurus

By the way the titanoboa and sarcosuchus and deinosuchus de Rebor, when will they be marketed? I ask for simple curiosity.

Over9K

Syndicate Bias

Mountain wins it for me hands down

Faelrin

I absolutely hope I can pick up the woodland variant eventually (along with the rest of the REBOR figures I've wanting a while now). It definitely looks like it would display good with the Ceratosaurus and of course Melon. The price is a bit cheaper then I was expecting too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

The Prehistoric Traveler

Quote from: Patrx on November 11, 2019, 05:19:35 AM

Thanks for the reply. :) Not a buy for me then. It's a shame Rebor isn't a bit more into science because they produce beautiful figures.

The Prehistoric Traveler

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 11, 2019, 11:12:54 AM
By the way the titanoboa and sarcosuchus and deinosuchus de Rebor, when will they be marketed? I ask for simple curiosity.

They never post about their two prehistoric crocodiles anymore. I doubt they will ever be released, even in their Grab N Go line. It's a shame.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Faelrin on November 11, 2019, 06:24:35 PM
I absolutely hope I can pick up the woodland variant eventually (along with the rest of the REBOR figures I've wanting a while now). It definitely looks like it would display good with the Ceratosaurus and of course Melon. The price is a bit cheaper then I was expecting too.

We tired so very hard lowering costs even cutting our own margins to make the price possible but it's all worth it as long as you guys are happy :))

Digibasherx

The mountain variant is very nice, but I think it'll be the woodland version for me (really traditional colour scheme).  I'm wondering how the bendable neck will fare over time.  I have some Resaurus figures and the joining between the soft and hard plastic will crack over time.  I'm going to guess this will be a bend once and leave as is type of thing.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: