News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp  are you a moderator? If so, you suck at your job. Threatening to "go after " someone just because they don't share another person's opinion is not an example of good leadership.

And if you are not a moderator, oh boy, we are gonna have some fun.
1. You actually think you can shut my opinion with a childish threat
2. You shouldn't be policing someone when you are not a moderator
3. Instead of saying some foolish threats, just say something like "I honestly disagree with your opinion on a certain topic" and not try to be Moe Syzlak and grab a shotgun to track me down!

Sorry, no offense meant.

ANd if you were talking about the phrase 'hell"  I am very very sorry my fellow forumite

Carnoking

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but since the compy oddity was mentioned, both versions are available for pre-order from Big Bad Toy Store and EverythingDinosaur.
It was never something I was particularly interested in, but since they're limited releases I might pick one up like I did with the Titanoboa.

BBTS Standard https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/141292

BBTS Gothic https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/141296

ED Standard https://www.everythingdinosaur.com/product/rebor-oddities-compsognathus-longipes-preserved-dissection-specimen/

ED Gothic https://www.everythingdinosaur.com/product/rebor-oddities-compsognathus-longipes-victorian-goth-stained-dissection-specimen/

stargatedalek

See, I was trying to be nice and say something cute to get the idea across that what you were being kinda mean spirited, instead of risk starting a big something over it, but now you've gone and done that yourself so here we are. There is a big difference between saying something isn't interesting for you, or that you don't think it's well made, and going "eww this stuff again why would anyone like this bad taste alert haha amiright".

Attacking other peoples interests for cheap laughs is not cool.

I'll admit, I've sometimes been overly critical of companies like Papo, but overly critical is still very different from deliberately poking fun.

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 01, 2020, 10:09:42 PM
Oh god i hate this kind of stuff. Its like insects, they are everywhere, and they are annoying as hell!

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 02, 2020, 01:58:21 AM
Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 02, 2020, 12:40:55 AM
Oh god i hate this kind of stuff. Its like insects, they are everywhere, and they are annoying as hell!

Those inflatable T. rex suits?
Because I hate those too.  :P
Ever since 2015 everywhere, they are the new lycra for funnyperson influencers.
No I mean anime

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 02, 2020, 02:38:34 AM
Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 02, 2020, 02:07:22 AM
The figure looks pretty inanimate to me, not much animation to speak of.
Sorry to confuse you, i mean the wierd artstyle i see everyday on the internet by accident, which i have to peform mental eye surgery on, and then i conduct religious and Saurian rituals to help me remove those images from my mind

Quote from: MLMjp on November 02, 2020, 02:37:14 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on November 02, 2020, 01:00:47 AM
Quote from: Loon on November 02, 2020, 12:39:35 AM
I'm not all that into anime, but I am familiar with the types of figures people buy based on them. Stuff like Figuarts and Figma are far more detailed and articulated in a way even more experienced western companies sometimes fail to compete with. I'm guessing this is going for the Nendoroid market, which my sister owns a few of. Even then, those figures are of a quality and design style far superior to what rebor tends to put out.
That would be my assumption too. Nendoroids are from the same manufacturer as Figma (Good Smile), though they are typically viewed more as novelty collectibles while Figma are more akin to high end action figures.

I could see appeal to a costume like this if it was designed to be compatible with Nendoroids, I'm sure there are a decent chunk of people who might buy one to put another characters parts on it so they can wear the costume. But at the same time I find it hard to picture REBOR pulling that off.

As a dinosaur and anime fan who would like to see more presence of dinosaurs in anime...I dont know what to think honestly....

I do think it is and interesting concept, if Good Smile Company made a Nendoroid like this I may buy it. But REBOR? Ehhhhhhh...

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 02, 2020, 01:58:21 AM
No I mean anime
Be careful with your words Stegotyranno... Or I will go after you C:-)

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 02, 2020, 04:29:46 PM
avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp  are you a moderator? If so, you suck at your job. Threatening to "go after " someone just because they don't share another person's opinion is not an example of good leadership.

And if you are not a moderator, oh boy, we are gonna have some fun.
1. You actually think you can shut my opinion with a childish threat
2. You shouldn't be policing someone when you are not a moderator
3. Instead of saying some foolish threats, just say something like "I honestly disagree with your opinion on a certain topic" and not try to be Moe Syzlak and grab a shotgun to track me down!

Sorry, no offense meant.

ANd if you were talking about the phrase 'hell"  I am very very sorry my fellow forumite

Kind of hard not to take offence after all of that.

Quote from: suspsy on November 02, 2020, 02:50:07 AM
Quote from: stargatedalek on November 02, 2020, 12:33:45 AM
Quote from: suspsy on November 01, 2020, 10:21:52 PM
Well, it's not like Rebor is famous for having good taste.
Oi! We anime types aren't all as bad as this lot. Besides, you both seem to have a soft spot for JP, so we all have some interests overlapping with those of REBOR somewhere. >:D ;)

I do? Nnnnnnnnnot really. I mean, I loved the first two films back in the day, but the other three are absolute garbage as far as I'm concerned. And I've grown so fed up with the negative influence of the JP franchise in terms of how the public perceives dinosaurs that I can't even enjoy watching the first two films anymore.

That said, I do firmly believe that Mattel has done a tremendous job of handling the license. They didn't simply surpass Hasbro, which wasn't a difficult accomplishment; they really knocked that ball out of the park. You'll never see me buying a T. rex or a Velociraptor from them, but so far I've bought six of their toys for my son's collection, and we both enjoy playing with them. I just wish the damn Tarbosaurus would show up in Canada so that I can get it for my niece as a Xmas gift.
I recalled you had some of the Mattel figures and that was all, I didn't mean it as some sort of insult. I happen to adore every one of those movies and have very many Mattel figures! Again, I was trying to diffuse the brewing situation with some levity, sorry if I dwelled more on the point about JP than intended.

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 02, 2020, 03:09:45 AM
avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek  im kinda with avatar_suspsy @suspsy  on this too. Altough the only difference is that i like all of the Jp movie,  i have never brought a mattel toy.
But i really hate how people call me stupid when i say a velociraptor has feathers and doesnt sound like a baby crocodile coughing, or when i say indominus rex  isnt  real. I rather have accurate or diverse dinosaurs than jp ones, which is why i prefer papo over nanmu, because atleast they are a little more creative and interesting, and it was just the very few first figures that were jp inspired. Sure, the killer queen models are cool, but i rather have, say, that spinosaurus they never realeased.
All of that has nothing to do with anime, or with me. I've never said any of those things to you,* so why are you taking them out here and now? You just suddenly started hating on stuff without letting up, calling people childish, and generally acting exactly like you're complaining other people do.

*But I guess I'm gonna start now, because when has anyone said Velociraptor sounded like "a baby crocodile coughing"? You mean the JP sound effects? The ones based on peafowl?

Stegotyranno420

No i mean the general public thinks like that. and i though you said that i was a jurassic park fanboy who likes JP stuff, so i was just saying i dont

Loon

Weren't the raptor noises based on turtles mating (I'm not trying to be funny here)?

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Loon on November 02, 2020, 06:49:12 PM
Weren't the raptor noises based on turtles mating (I'm not trying to be funny here)?
Yeah, i couldnt really figure out what it was, so i just said the next closest things

stargatedalek

Quote from: Loon on November 02, 2020, 06:49:12 PM
The sharp barks apparently really are mating tortoises! Super weird.
https://www.vulture.com/2013/04/how-the-dino-sounds-in-jurassic-park-were-made.html

But I was referring to the two-toned call, which I was under the impression is generally considered to be "the" JP raptor call. Though perhaps Universal disagrees because I can't find any sources describing what this call is from. Eerily similar though to the calls starting at about 10 seconds into this clip.
https://youtu.be/nPoyZcEj0y4

Creature

I'd like to point out that "anime" is a very broad term for a lot of styles of art and stories. Not everyone has to like every thing, but implying that all Japanese cartoons are so terrible that one needs to be exorcised of their memory after seeing them is pretty offensive to both the art form and those who create and enjoy it.

As for the render, I'm sure it's not gonna get made, but I think it's a cute idea. I have a few Nendoroids that might have fun in the inflatable dino suit. OK, mostly it's Ron Weasley. Well, the twins making fun of Ron.
Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Creature on November 02, 2020, 08:01:17 PM
I'd like to point out that "anime" is a very broad term for a lot of styles of art and stories. Not everyone has to like every thing, but implying that all Japanese cartoons are so terrible that one needs to be exorcised of their memory after seeing them is pretty offensive to both the art form and those who create and enjoy it.

As for the render, I'm sure it's not gonna get made, but I think it's a cute idea. I have a few Nendoroids that might have fun in the inflatable dino suit. OK, mostly it's Ron Weasley. Well, the twins making fun of Ron.
So what. If you saw something disgusting(in your opinion) on the internet, I'd bet you'd need an exorcism too, fellow forumite

Creature

Feel however you want about it, that's none of my business. But if how you feel about a subject is insulting and offensive, it's generally best to keep those feelings to yourself.
Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 02, 2020, 08:08:40 PM
Quote from: Creature on November 02, 2020, 08:01:17 PM

So what. If you saw something disgusting(in your opinion) on the internet, I'd bet you'd need an exorcism too, fellow forumite
See this is what I'm talking about.

You aren't just saying you don't like something, you're going out of your way, repeatedly, to be as aggressive and inflammatory as possible.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Creature on November 02, 2020, 08:34:58 PM
Feel however you want about it, that's none of my business. But if how you feel about a subject is insulting and offensive, it's generally best to keep those feelings to yourself.
I didn't know my opinion will offend someone and isn't this a place to share opinions? I see guys and gals complaining about everything here, and sometimes things I like, but I don't tell them to be quiet about their feelings.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 02, 2020, 08:39:13 PM
I didn't know my opinion will offend someone and isn't this a place to share opinions? I see guys and gals complaining about everything here, and sometimes things I like, but I don't tell them to be quiet about their feelings.
I don't go into Papo or Schleich threads and start joking about needing a damned exorcism.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 02, 2020, 08:50:16 PM
I don't go into Papo or Schleich threads and start joking about needing a damned exorcism.
Look, How am i supposed to know that your feelings would be hurt because i said my opinion, and i dont even like schliech.
And im not joking, those things are everywhere, even when im searching for stuff like homework help or studying history. I can escape from it, so my only option is to calmly ask God to remove it by praying, or just organizing my collection(yeah, it exists) after an accidental run in.

I just stated that i dont like anime and you just started blazing about it, along with some other folks. I get it, you are a fangirl of this thing, but im not a fan of this at all.

You need to calm down, you are just making me annoyed. Sorry i dont have the same damn opinion as you.
Just please, if you want to argue more, get out of my face. If not, change the topic, im tired

Thanks for causing my first fight on the forum

stargatedalek

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 02, 2020, 08:57:19 PM
Look, How am i supposed to know that your feelings would be hurt because i said my opinion, and i dont even like schliech.
And im not joking, those things are everywhere, even when im searching for stuff like homework help or studying history. I can escape from it, so my only option is to calmly ask God to remove it by praying, or just organizing my collection(yeah, it exists) after an accidental run in.

I just stated that i dont like anime and you just started blazing about it, along with some other folks. I get it, you are a fangirl of this thing, but im not a fan of this at all.

You need to calm down, you are just making me annoyed. Sorry i dont have the same damn opinion as you.
Just please, if you want to argue more, get out of my face. If not, change the topic, im tired

You knew feelings would be hurt because I said, calmly, that you shouldn't talk bad about peoples general interests just because they happen to overlap with those of REBOR. Then you kept going, kept making fun, started talking about "needing an exorcism" every time you saw it, and then trying to pick fights with people who were trying to get you to stop.

I tried to be chill about this, as have other people. YOU are the one who is repeatedly bringing this up, and being an absolute jerk about it. You are not "sharing your opinions", you are being petty and insulting, bringing whatever drama you're experiencing somewhere else here and starting fights over it.

Stegotyranno420

QuoteJust please, if you want to argue more, get out of my face

Star, How does that not get through you! Im done with you and i dont want to waste anymore time on you, so im going to add you on my ignore list.

Anyways, back on topic, whats the deal with rebor not living up to their promised figures?

stargatedalek

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 02, 2020, 09:40:52 PM
QuoteJust please, if you want to argue more, get out of my face

Star, How does that not get through you! Im done with you and i dont want to waste anymore time on you, so im going to add you on my ignore list.

Anyways, back on topic, whats the deal with rebor not living up to their promised figures?
You don't get to antagonize people for a day and a half and then demand no one else is allowed to be upset. I asked you to drop it yesterday, and instead you kept going.

I'm sorry everyone for unintentionally drawing this out as long as I have.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 02, 2020, 08:57:19 PM

You are being rude, both in this post and above. This is a formal warning for breaking rule 1 of the forum, which is a serious offence: behaviour like this pushes other members away and helps to destroy the community. I won't allow that to happen. Please don't do it again. C:-)

Stegotyranno420

avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum  sorry for that. Im just the kind of person that does not back down from their opinion, and i admit, i do get carried away. My english is not the best so others may get confused and get even more frustrated

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 02, 2020, 10:16:25 PM
avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum  sorry for that. Im just the kind of person that does not back down from their opinion, and i admit, i do get carried away. My english is not the best so others may get confused and get even more frustrated

The problem here was not your opinion, it was your attitude and behaviour. It's pretty simple, just be kind and polite. You can learn from this, and I hope you do because I will and have banned members for this sort of thing, and I won't stand for it if you are rude again. Thanks for your understanding.  C:-)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: