News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

To me it is the best smilodon ever made by a toy / collectible dinosaur brand. By the way, do you know what material it will be made of?

Faelrin

This is definitely one of their best sculpts I think. I love that fur detail, and that it was hand sculpted.

What's neat is this is intended to be in the same scale as the new Titanoboa more or less. I would love to see more Cenozoic animals at this scale.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

paintingdinos

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on October 21, 2020, 01:42:05 PM
Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on October 17, 2020, 01:00:57 PM
"Kevin ist kein Name, sondern eine Diagnose" ;)

Haha. Exactly^^

So, has the Smilodon Pic been here? I'll just saw it and since i am not that into Mammals, other than Marine Mammals, i do not know a lot about accuracy. But i remember the Talk about the Muscles and i have to Admit, that i really like this sculpt overall.

Did they update it to have a closed mouth?

Oh I hope so. I really liked the progress on this model but the fully open mouth/roaring pose just wasn't my favorite. If this is the final pose it will almost assuredly on my wishlist.

GojiraGuy1954

I don't think a fully-feathered Yuty is all that plausible. Cool, but not plausible.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Bread

That Smilodon looks great. Since it is rebor I can assume it will have a moveable jaw, which is great because most Smilodon figures have the mouth gaping wide open. Hopefully they don't just stick to a full coat of orange on the animal, similar to Papo's Smilodon.

PumperKrickel

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on October 17, 2020, 12:29:04 PM
"Feather nazis"... Godwin's Law at its finest. Good to know avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO is okay with this post representing their company, I need to save up for more PNSO figs :P

As someone who defended Rebor when they returned to the forum in 2018, this is sad to see. I guess they really haven't changed and are still the petty jerks they used to be, or at least whoever represents them on social media is. I like a lot of their figures, but there indeed are other companies far more deserving of support.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: PumperKrickel on October 21, 2020, 06:13:54 PM
Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on October 17, 2020, 12:29:04 PM
"Feather nazis"... Godwin's Law at its finest. Good to know avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO is okay with this post representing their company, I need to save up for more PNSO figs :P

As someone who defended Rebor when they returned to the forum in 2018, this is sad to see. I guess they really haven't changed and are still the petty jerks they used to be, or at least whoever represents them on social media is. I like a lot of their figures, but there indeed are other companies far more deserving of support.

I sincerely like the Rebor figures, although they could certainly improve the treatment with customers, it is what hurts them enormously.

stargatedalek

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 21, 2020, 05:07:49 PM
I don't think a fully-feathered Yuty is all that plausible. Cool, but not plausible.
There are fossil feathers preserved from its whole body.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 22, 2020, 01:58:11 AM
I once asked REBOR via deviantArt "Does your response "S**T UP AND F**K OFF" to a potential customer represent the views of the brand or just of the employee in charge of the social media outreach?" as they told that someone on Facebook back in 2017 and the response to the question was "The employee works for the brand. The employee represents the brand and the brand fully support all decisions made by the employee. We are an art company, the so called "potential customer" shouldn't try to teach our artists what to do." and honestly I get it, after all it's the buyer's decision what to do with their money but also responses such as this one are unprofessional and won't attract more customers.
Now the "feathern*zi" incident makes it seem like there has been no change since then, REBOR remains being rude towards buyers and since this seems to remain like this I am still not interested in buying any of the models, simply put.
Wait so you are telling me that rebor once told a customer to shut up and **** off. Woah. Can I see the evidence. also the feathernazi thing too?

Faelrin

I agree that kind of behavior is completely unprofessional. I don't want to jump to conclusions without proper context (is it someone who's new to their team, or have they been around and always been this way as one would think, based on past transgressions?), but it is definitely a turn off. Like I really do like a lot of their models, I really do, but by buying them, would that in turn make me complicit for enabling these actions that I do not support? I often see a saying about separating the art from the artist, but even that has troublesome implications I think, as it isn't like these issues just magically go away by ignoring them, and focusing entirely on the product, content, etc.

Granted I'm typically behind (even years) with getting to purchasing many of their releases, so it's probable I don't really help or hurt them in anyway as is. Both the Ceratosaurus and Carnotaurus I got used this year (though stellar condition), and the Titanoboa was the only one new, but well, that was obviously a financial disaster for them, and the Alpha Gorilla Z I've had on pre-order since this summer or spring, is so far the only other new one, although I've been hoping to get my hands on the Acrocanthosaurus and Deinonychus trio as well, despite the lack of available options due to the dried up stock on them and/or being retired now.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

CityRaptor

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 22, 2020, 02:31:13 AM
also the feathernazi thing too?

https://www.facebook.com/555146104612402/posts/3181453018648351/?extid=0&d=n

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 21, 2020, 05:07:49 PM

Your co-called "not plausible" is nothing against hard evidence.
Going by fossil evidence, it was significantly more feathered than Rebor's Yutyrannus in name only attempt. Maybe we should start calling that one YINO then.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

stargatedalek

I was going to buy their Komodo dragon, first product of theirs since the JP Compy, but no. I guess I'll just keep searching for AAA monitors.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 22, 2020, 04:12:18 PM
I was going to buy their Komodo dragon, first product of theirs since the JP Compy, but no. I guess I'll just keep searching for AAA monitors.
Isn't the company's fault, just the guy that runs the facebook
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

CityRaptor

Then it is still their fault for letting that guy run their facebook. If you want a positive image, don't let someone like that handle your social media.  Same with their forum representative here.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: CityRaptor on October 22, 2020, 05:18:06 PM
Then it is still their fault for letting that guy run their facebook. If you want a positive image, don't let someone like that handle your social media.  Same with their forum representative here.
Maybe hes like the leader/boss of everyone, who knows, and they are working to support their families by trying to find a job that they have a passion for, and if they try to stand up to him, they will get fired

stargatedalek

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 22, 2020, 05:21:56 PM
Maybe hes like the leader/boss of everyone, who knows, and they are working to support their families by trying to find a job that they have a passion for, and if they try to stand up to him, they will get fired
Even if that is the case, a purchase is still sending money directly towards that core mismanagement whose responsible for everything. So purchasing from a company with bad leadership to support the other employees isn't just supporting them, and the continued existence of the company sets a bad example for others of how they might treat their own employees.

What ever happened to the second REBOR rep? They seemed a lot calmer and generally more interested in actually selling their products instead of picking fights.

postsaurischian

My advice: Keep away from "social media" like facebook, that saves you further problems (of which I definitely have enough in my life).

Martwad

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 22, 2020, 05:21:56 PM

I'm assuming Rebor is a small company of just a handful of people.  They aren't the most polite, but I don't think they really care.  Their products completely sell out, regardless of whether members of DTF like them or not.

I wasn't here for them boasting about their scientific accuracy, but I did see the exchange on Facebook with one of our own members, which I assume spurred the feather-nazi attitude, and in that scenario I agree with Rebor.  Not in how they handled things, I still expect organizations to have a modicum of professionalism, but I can also recognize when someone is being incessantly irritating. 

Shonisaurus

From my own experience I advise you to stay away from social networks, it only brings headaches. You have to be very careful with the Internet as with any means of communication. The Internet has good things and bad things. You must always keep your feet on the ground to avoid problems. It's a friend's advice don't get in trouble. Many times in social networks such as facebook, twitter or other social network, you do not know if we are dealing with a normal person or with a true psychopath.

On the other hand, regardless of the opinions and even the unfortunate words of the Rebor representatives, I am honestly going to buy your figures if I consider that I like them or they are good. For example, the two dilophosaurus from Rebor and the fetuses of tyrannosaurus and velociraptor with a container and the giant tyrannosaurus rex that are in preorder I honestly will not buy them. That does not mean that he is interested in his carnotaurus or his smilodon to give two examples in case they are commercialized and that he has bought the two carcasses of Tyrannosaurus rex (two versions of paint) and the four versions of Gorilla Z ( three in a German store and the special edition pre-ordered at bigbadtoystore).

If I like the Rebor figures, even if they make disparaging and unfortunate comments, the representatives of the company will not be an obstacle to buying their figures if I like them.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: