News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over9K

Quote from: Loon on November 06, 2020, 09:38:41 PM
Quote from: Over9K on November 06, 2020, 09:34:32 PM
Quote from: Loon on November 06, 2020, 09:25:27 PM
Uh oh, now you're gonna have bad luck.

I'm not the one spillin' the salt. Honestly, why do you bother? We get it, you have personal issues with REBOR, and can't stop constantly whining about them and their products. Obviously your feelings were seriously damaged by something REBOR did, or made, and now the very idea that REBOR continues as a successful toy company really frustrates you, so you have to complain and moan, moan and whine, whine and cry, over and over and over...

But you know, haters gonna hate, whiners gonna whine.

Enjoy your salt.

I'm not really sure there's much you "get". Not my fault you have so little personality that you personally identify with a company and through a fit when ever someone even slightly complains.

That's the thing. I don't identify with REBOR, I just like some of their products and purchase them. When I'm not pleased with something about those products, I say it. I am on record many places discussing the places REBOR fall short of my expectations.

You on the other hand, have nothing at all to say about REBOR other than "I don't like them, their products, or their customers."

You attack me because I willing to tell you to your virtual face that I see you for who you are; You are a hater. A sad, petty, little whiny hater. It's very obvious you've chosen REBOR as your trolling target. You are transparent in your REBOR hate, everyone can see right through you. It's not about the accuracy of their dinosaurs, it's not about Gorillizards, or skin texture. It's nothing more than whining to make yourself feel better for some perceived slight you imagine you have received.

It would be funny, if it wasn't just so sad how predictable you are. When I saw the images in the same FB post you saw them in, I could already hear you crying and moaning.

You've become a joke to me, except it's just sad...

Loon

I'm very upset avatar_Over9K @Over9K , I thought we were friends....

I'm just kidding. I don't really care about you or what you think about me.

suspsy

Quote from: Loon on November 06, 2020, 09:02:04 PM
One Kaiju to rule them all
One Kaiju to fight them
One Kaiju to beat them all
And in his awesomeness bind them

I am now thoroughly convinced that Rebor is what would happen if you let an 11 year old run a company.

Good gods. That's got to be Rebor's worst idea yet. It's not the least bit creative or witty or funny (unless their goal was to embarrass themselves). It's literally just Kong with a tail. And it's even lamer when you consider how many abandoned projects Rebor has accumulated by now.

They really are a self-made joke at this stage.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Carnoking

I like a lot of REBOR products, but dang, they seem to be going a little off the rails. I certainly wouldn't care if this came after other promised figures have already been completed and released, but seeing more teases always makes me wonder what else has been canceled or postponed.

Carnoking

This is not my comment but I saw it on REBOR's official facebook post and it just hit the nail on the head. Wanted to share it here.

"Hello,

I have been a great fan of your work for several years and bought most of your models. However you have recently announced a lot of new figures, but you still haven't released what you had promised long time ago and this makes me (and, I think, not only me) very sad.

You promised an adult male Triceratops back in 2015 and planned to make it part of a diorama with your first of several tyrannosaurs and the carcass of a female triceratops. In 2016, you announced plans for 2017 - the same triceratops, as well as styracosaurus, parasaurolophus, stegosaurus and ankylosaurus. So far only stegosaurus and ankylosaurus have been released though with a significant delay (but better late than never!). According to your representative the triceratops has become uninteresting to you, so you are not in a hurry to finish it (although many collectors, including me, are still waiting for it!). Also there are no information for parasaurolophus and styracosaurus for several years, as if they were simply forgotten.

It seems that you forgot about the baby dinosaurs from "Scouts" series which currently consists of only 4 figures. Where are the yutyrannus, carnotaurus, ankylosaurus or acrocanthosaurus (and not only them)? As I remember you wanted to make all your lizards happy parents. Your creatures really want to continue the family, and collectors really want the new figures!

Carnotaurus rex Crimson King Requiem and Ekrixinatosaurus novasi Epitaph were planned for the summer of 2020. It's November now, and there's still no news on the pair. Or are they like the Triceratops no longer interesting to you?
Where are the stygimoloch, the spinosaurs (two- and four-legged), the baby Raptor in scale 1:2? You teased us with their 3D models a year or two ago, but we haven't heard from them since.

And what about the titanoboa which I personally have been waiting for so long? You teased your audience by telling them what a great model it would be (and you didn't lie about it!), but when it came to release you released it in limited quantities. That's why not everyone including me, was able to get a copy. Now this figure is not available and it is impossible to find it at a reasonable price on eBay. As a result I'm sad and disappointed and I don't think I'm the only one.

I am not sure that we will ever see the long-promised deinosuchus and sarcosuchus. You have already canceled these projects but then decided to bring them back to life. However how can I be sure that you will not change your mind again?

Never the less the work on the Godzilla embryo is under way. Tyrannosaurs and xenomorphs hybrids appeared on the market. You've announced the King Lich T-rex and the Rexy-chan. So your assortment has very little in common with dinosaurs. I don't mind expanding the range with something fundamentally new and unusual. I am sure that such figures will find their fans. But why you don't fulfill your long-standing promises first? Why don't you make happy those who have been waiting for the triceratops and many other models mentioned above? Why don't you release an additional titanoboa figures not to leave your fans disappointed (I believe there will be a demand for them!)? Why don't you want to resume the "Scouts" series after all?

The new projects it is good thing. But it is not when the old ones suffer to please them. And they suffer along with those who have been waiting and hoping for them for a long time.

Rebor, please listen to my words. As the administrator of the largest VK group in Russia dedicated to dinosaur figures I often see the dissatisfaction of other collectors who are tired of waiting and are disappointed with the constant postponements or even cancellations of your projects. I think my hobby colleagues from other countries feel the same when they read your comments about a boring triceratops or stopping work on ancient crocodiles.

I still hope that you will finally keep your long-standing and numerous promises."

If whoever made this comment is here, feel free to take credit, but yeah I literally couldn't have said it better.

Over9K

Quote from: suspsy on November 06, 2020, 10:01:17 PMGood gods. That's got to be Rebor's worst idea yet. It's not the least bit creative or witty or funny (unless their goal was to embarrass themselves). It's literally just Kong with a tail. And it's even lamer when you consider how many abandoned projects Rebor has accumulated by now.

Punchline is they'll sell every single one they make.

suspsy

Quote from: Over9K on November 06, 2020, 10:10:11 PM
Quote from: suspsy on November 06, 2020, 10:01:17 PMGood gods. That's got to be Rebor's worst idea yet. It's not the least bit creative or witty or funny (unless their goal was to embarrass themselves). It's literally just Kong with a tail. And it's even lamer when you consider how many abandoned projects Rebor has accumulated by now.

That's like arguing that Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen was a cinematic masterpiece because it made a ton of money at the box office.

Over9K

Quote from: Carnoking on November 06, 2020, 10:09:25 PM
This is not my comment but I saw it on REBOR's official facebook post and it just hit the nail on the head. Wanted to share it here.

"Hello,

I have been a great fan of your work for several years and bought most of your models. However you have recently announced a lot of new figures, but you still haven't released what you had promised long time ago and this makes me (and, I think, not only me) very sad.

You promised an adult male Triceratops back in 2015 and planned to make it part of a diorama with your first of several tyrannosaurs and the carcass of a female triceratops. In 2016, you announced plans for 2017 - the same triceratops, as well as styracosaurus, parasaurolophus, stegosaurus and ankylosaurus. So far only stegosaurus and ankylosaurus have been released though with a significant delay (but better late than never!). According to your representative the triceratops has become uninteresting to you, so you are not in a hurry to finish it (although many collectors, including me, are still waiting for it!). Also there are no information for parasaurolophus and styracosaurus for several years, as if they were simply forgotten.

It seems that you forgot about the baby dinosaurs from "Scouts" series which currently consists of only 4 figures. Where are the yutyrannus, carnotaurus, ankylosaurus or acrocanthosaurus (and not only them)? As I remember you wanted to make all your lizards happy parents. Your creatures really want to continue the family, and collectors really want the new figures!

Carnotaurus rex Crimson King Requiem and Ekrixinatosaurus novasi Epitaph were planned for the summer of 2020. It's November now, and there's still no news on the pair. Or are they like the Triceratops no longer interesting to you?
Where are the stygimoloch, the spinosaurs (two- and four-legged), the baby Raptor in scale 1:2? You teased us with their 3D models a year or two ago, but we haven't heard from them since.

And what about the titanoboa which I personally have been waiting for so long? You teased your audience by telling them what a great model it would be (and you didn't lie about it!), but when it came to release you released it in limited quantities. That's why not everyone including me, was able to get a copy. Now this figure is not available and it is impossible to find it at a reasonable price on eBay. As a result I'm sad and disappointed and I don't think I'm the only one.

I am not sure that we will ever see the long-promised deinosuchus and sarcosuchus. You have already canceled these projects but then decided to bring them back to life. However how can I be sure that you will not change your mind again?

Never the less the work on the Godzilla embryo is under way. Tyrannosaurs and xenomorphs hybrids appeared on the market. You've announced the King Lich T-rex and the Rexy-chan. So your assortment has very little in common with dinosaurs. I don't mind expanding the range with something fundamentally new and unusual. I am sure that such figures will find their fans. But why you don't fulfill your long-standing promises first? Why don't you make happy those who have been waiting for the triceratops and many other models mentioned above? Why don't you release an additional titanoboa figures not to leave your fans disappointed (I believe there will be a demand for them!)? Why don't you want to resume the "Scouts" series after all?

The new projects it is good thing. But it is not when the old ones suffer to please them. And they suffer along with those who have been waiting and hoping for them for a long time.

Rebor, please listen to my words. As the administrator of the largest VK group in Russia dedicated to dinosaur figures I often see the dissatisfaction of other collectors who are tired of waiting and are disappointed with the constant postponements or even cancellations of your projects. I think my hobby colleagues from other countries feel the same when they read your comments about a boring triceratops or stopping work on ancient crocodiles.

I still hope that you will finally keep your long-standing and numerous promises."

If whoever made this comment is here, feel free to take credit, but yeah I literally couldn't have said it better.

"Promised", "Promises"... this right here shows you the entitled people commenting. REBOR has never "Promised" anything. They've shown you things in their early stages, gave you an insight to where the company wanted to go, that's all.

The fact that sometimes these products don't fly, or the company chooses to change direction is not a "broken" promise, because no promise was ever made.

Seriously, are you guys SO up your own butts that you feel REBOR OWES you a damn thing? REALLY?

Good luck with that.

Over9K

Quote from: suspsy on November 06, 2020, 10:15:11 PM

That's like arguing that Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen was a cinematic masterpiece because it made a ton of money at the box office.

No, but it was a SUCCESS because the audience isn't just YOU or your opinion, or mine. That's the point. REBOR's customers are not just YOU. They're making products for other people too.

Patrx

Loon, buddy, be nice. Actually, that goes for everybody—I get that REBOR talk gets people pretty aggressive about picking sides and whatnot, but in this particular part of the Internet, we express ourselves as politely as possible.

Carnoking

Quote from: Over9K on November 06, 2020, 10:18:04 PM
"Promised", "Promises"... this right here shows you the entitled people commenting. REBOR has never "Promised" anything. They've shown you things in their early stages, gave you an insight to where the company wanted to go, that's all.

The fact that sometimes these products don't fly, or the company chooses to change direction is not a "broken" promise, because no promise was ever made.

Seriously, are you guys SO up your own butts that you feel REBOR OWES you a damn thing? REALLY?

Good luck with that.

That's certainly fair, REBOR do not owe us anything, but surely you can understand the level of disappointment that several collectors or fans may experience when these long anticipated models go to the wayside. It also can't be good for REBOR as a whole when this happens as they risk alienating disappointed customers.

And it is certainly not as fair to expect REBOR to release products that they've only mentioned in passing or given 3D unfinished sculpt teases, but for figures that seem more finalized, with test casts and paint tests being done (I.E. the GnG spinosaurus, the carnotaurus and ekrixinatosaurus, and even King Trident since it appears they've made casts of that model), then I think it is reasonable to be anticipating those figures as set in stone products that will be coming to us. Especially if and when they say "this product will be here by x date", which they have and we're still left waiting.
But when REBOR continues to tease side projects without giving updates to those other works can be a bit grating. It would be as simple as saying something along the lines of "Hey everyone, we're experiencing delays with x product. It is coming, but meantime, check out this new thing we're working on!" or "We're sorry to inform you that x product is no longer happening for whatever reason. We are very sorry but it is not in the cards for us at the moment. Instead, have a look at something we do think we'll be able to produce in the immediate future."

No, REBOR doesn't owe us anything, but it's not like hoping for updates is asking for the moon.

suspsy

Quote from: Over9K on November 06, 2020, 10:20:13 PM
Quote from: suspsy on November 06, 2020, 10:15:11 PM

No, but it was a SUCCESS because the audience isn't just YOU or your opinion, or mine. That's the point. REBOR's customers are not just YOU. They're making products for other people too.

So are you saying that because other people might have differing opinions, I shouldn't ever express my own?

And as I already noted, Rebor has abandoned scores of announced products over the past five years, which is neither professional nor profitable. Indeed, it wouldn't surprise me if they end up abandoning this latest farce as well.

Takama

While we are all arguing  I wish to Ask

avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO do you plan to release this, or just Troll all your audiance like with the dozens of other projects you "have" in the pipeline :D, or better yet?
Spoiler
Cancel it like your "seemingly" Worthless King Trident >:D
[close]

SenSx

I wish Rebor would stick to what they have been teasing/leaking years ago before showing weird new stuffs again and again.
It's like they're going in all directions.
Maybe it's just the way of their communication, but their pace of production seems very slow.

Still waiting for Sarcosuchus and Deinosuchus  :'(
I didn't know they had planned more dino babies, that's an awesome idea.

Loon

Quote from: suspsy on November 06, 2020, 10:30:49 PM
So are you saying that because other people might have differing opinions, I shouldn't ever express my own?

Didn't you know having different opinions means you're part of the anti-Rebor cult?

Over9K

Quote from: Carnoking on November 06, 2020, 10:28:00 PM

Good luck with that.

That's certainly fair, REBOR do not owe us anything, but surely you can understand the level of disappointment that several collectors or fans may experience when these long anticipated models go to the wayside. It also can't be good for REBOR as a whole when this happens as they risk alienating disappointed customers.

And it is certainly not as fair to expect REBOR to release products that they've only mentioned in passing or given 3D unfinished sculpt teases, but for figures that seem more finalized, with test casts and paint tests being done (I.E. the GnG spinosaurus, the carnotaurus and ekrixinatosaurus, and even King Trident since it appears they've made casts of that model), then I think it is reasonable to be anticipating those figures as set in stone products that will be coming to us. But when REBOR continues to tease side projects without giving updates to those other works can be a bit grating. It would be as simple as saying something along the lines of "Hey everyone, we're experiencing delays with x product. It is coming, but meantime, check out this new thing we're working on!" or "We're sorry to inform you that x product is no longer happening for whatever reason. We are very sorry but it is not in the cards for us at the moment. Instead, have a look at something we do think we'll be able to produce in the immediate future."

No, REBOR doesn't owe us anything, but it's not like hoping for updates is asking for the moon.

Perhaps I'm used to companies showing early prototypes and then not delivering the product, and being totally silent on upcoming products. As a Kaiju collector that happens endlessly. Japanese companyies rarely give updates. X-Plus is famously uncommunicative. So many SHMA figures teased and never happen, Sofubi companies constantly doing the same thing. I just can't be disappointed every time that happens. I see a teaser image and my first thought isn't "can't wait to order that" it's "hope I get the opportunity to order that."

I'm a big mark for REBOR's Retrosaurus, and I sincerely hope it becomes a reality, but if it doesn't, oh well. I feel the same way about the Triceratops, and the Crocodiles  that REBOR has teased in the past. I'm disappointed we never got the Dunkleosteus or the Megalodon they showed years and years ago. But, I certainly don't feel entitled to know why we didn't get them. I'm not owed an explanation. It's not that REBOR doesn't care about me, it's that they've decided for whatever reason to pivot to other products.

I really do think that collectors feel a bit too entitled these days, with the level of complaints thrown around. Gets to the point that I'm wondering why there aren't 1000 new companies every year, run by these people that obviously feel they could run a company better.

Over9K

Quote from: Loon on November 06, 2020, 10:38:01 PM
Quote from: suspsy on November 06, 2020, 10:30:49 PM

Didn't you know having different opinions means you're part of the anti-Rebor cult?

Oh please with the faux outrage. I never inferred your opinion was any less valid than mine when I gave it. Get over yourself. Both of you.  LOL!

Loon

Quote from: Over9K on November 06, 2020, 10:41:15 PM
Oh please with the faux outrage. I never inferred your opinion was any less valid than mine when I gave it. Get over yourself. Both of you.  LOL!

Carnoking

Quote from: Over9K on November 06, 2020, 10:39:40 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on November 06, 2020, 10:28:00 PM

Perhaps I'm used to companies showing early prototypes and then not delivering the product, and being totally silent on upcoming products. As a Kaiju collector that happens endlessly. Japanese companyies rarely give updates. X-Plus is famously uncommunicative. So many SHMA figures teased and never happen, Sofubi companies constantly doing the same thing. I just can't be disappointed every time that happens. I see a teaser image and my first thought isn't "can't wait to order that" it's "hope I get the opportunity to order that."

I'm a big mark for REBOR's Retrosaurus, and I sincerely hope it becomes a reality, but if it doesn't, oh well. I feel the same way about the Triceratops, and the Crocodiles  that REBOR has teased in the past. I'm disappointed we never got the Dunkleosteus or the Megalodon they showed years and years ago. But, I certainly don't feel entitled to know why we didn't get them. I'm not owed an explanation. It's not that REBOR doesn't care about me, it's that they've decided for whatever reason to pivot to other products.

I really do think that collectors feel a bit too entitled these days, with the level of complaints thrown around. Gets to the point that I'm wondering why there aren't 1000 new companies every year, run by these people that obviously feel they could run a company better.

I guess it does have to do with how you're used to collecting. I really only collect dinosaurs, and REBOR is the only company who consistently operates this way. Whereas you have Safari and CollectA and Papo who only ever reveal products that are due out in the next year and only after the product has been finalized, REBOR does love to give us those behind the curtain peeks. The only other company I can think of that does that is Nanmu, but so far Nanmu has released everything they've teased to my knowledge. Granted, they're a younger company focusing really only on one line, so they do have a lot less balls in the air. And then there's the question of specialty items like their titanoboa that take extra time to really get right, but there were at least updates along with that project.

Either way, I do love seeing the teases and I certainly don't want REBOR to not tease products or give us an in depth look into their process, but I would just like updates along with it. After all, with everything coming out I can only hold out for a certain product for so long before I decide to move on and I'm sure I'm not alone in that. I don't think there would be any harm in surprising us every now and then with a totally out of the blue work and then showing us "here was the original 3D sculpt, test casts, and paint tests," so we could see how that figure came to be.

Over9K

Quote from: Carnoking on November 06, 2020, 10:59:00 PMI guess it does have to do with how you're used to collecting. I really only collect dinosaurs, and REBOR is the only company who consistently operates this way. Whereas you have Safari and CollectA and Papo who only ever reveal products that are due out in the next year and only after the product has been finalized, REBOR does love to give us those behind the curtain peeks. The only other company I can think of that does that is Nanmu, but so far Nanmu has released everything they've teased to my knowledge. Granted, they're a younger company focusing really only on one line, so they do have a lot less balls in the air. And then there's the question of specialty items like their titanoboa that take extra time to really get right, but there were at least updates along with that project.

Either way, I do love seeing the teases and I certainly don't want REBOR to not tease products or give us an in depth look into their process, but I would just like updates along with it. After all, with everything coming out I can only hold out for a certain product for so long before I decide to move on and I'm sure I'm not alone in that. I don't think there would be any harm in surprising us every now and then with a totally out of the blue work and then showing us "here was the original 3D sculpt, test casts, and paint tests," so we could see how that figure came to be.

Judging by how quickly Nanmu moves from the early CG renders to painted prototypes to finished products, I'm assuming that Nanmu works much the same way Safari/CollectA/Papo do and they're only showing us things once they're finalized for production. I have a feeling they've got just as many DNS/DNF products as REBOR, they just never showed us the renders. Once they finalize a product for production they're just going back and giving us those early renders as the first tease, so we can see the sculpts without being biased by a prototype paint app.

For sure, I would love a weekly fireside chat from ALL these companies, telling us every detail of development and production, but that's just not reality for any company. IMO, it's nice to get the teases and the early looks at stuff, but plenty of toy companies don't even do that, and nobody complains.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: