News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLMjp

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 02, 2020, 06:41:45 PM
Attacking other peoples interests for cheap laughs is not cool.
Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 01, 2020, 10:09:42 PM
Oh god i hate this kind of stuff. Its like insects, they are everywhere, and they are annoying as hell!

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 02, 2020, 01:58:21 AM
Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 02, 2020, 12:40:55 AM
Oh god i hate this kind of stuff. Its like insects, they are everywhere, and they are annoying as hell!

Those inflatable T. rex suits?
Because I hate those too.  :P
Ever since 2015 everywhere, they are the new lycra for funnyperson influencers.
No I mean anime

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 02, 2020, 02:38:34 AM
Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 02, 2020, 02:07:22 AM
The figure looks pretty inanimate to me, not much animation to speak of.
Sorry to confuse you, i mean the wierd artstyle i see everyday on the internet by accident, which i have to peform mental eye surgery on, and then i conduct religious and Saurian rituals to help me remove those images from my mind

Quote from: MLMjp on November 02, 2020, 02:37:14 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on November 02, 2020, 01:00:47 AM
As a dinosaur and anime fan who would like to see more presence of dinosaurs in anime...I dont know what to think honestly....

I do think it is and interesting concept, if Good Smile Company made a Nendoroid like this I may buy it. But REBOR? Ehhhhhhh...

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 02, 2020, 01:58:21 AM
No I mean anime
Be careful with your words Stegotyranno... Or I will go after you C:-)

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 02, 2020, 04:29:46 PM
avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp  are you a moderator? If so, you suck at your job. Threatening to "go after " someone just because they don't share another person's opinion is not an example of good leadership.

And if you are not a moderator, oh boy, we are gonna have some fun.
1. You actually think you can shut my opinion with a childish threat
2. You shouldn't be policing someone when you are not a moderator
3. Instead of saying some foolish threats, just say something like "I honestly disagree with your opinion on a certain topic" and not try to be Moe Syzlak and grab a shotgun to track me down!

Sorry, no offense meant.

ANd if you were talking about the phrase 'hell"  I am very very sorry my fellow forumite

Kind of hard not to take offence after all of that.
Oh God I knew I shouldnt have wrote that...
I just wanted to jokingly pick on Stegotyranno and look what happened...

Apologies avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum my comment caused a chain reaction of bad comments, Im sorry.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 02, 2020, 11:39:53 PM

So uh does anyone know what the status of the REBOR Smilodon is?
I haven't heard from it in a while so I am assuming it is among the other WIPs with a 2021 release perhaps.
Is the pizza man supposed to be you and the fire supposed to be the thread. if so, that made my day ;D ;D ;D ;D

Also avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp eh, it was kinda my fault too

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on November 02, 2020, 05:12:03 PM
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but since the compy oddity was mentioned, both versions are available for pre-order from Big Bad Toy Store and EverythingDinosaur.
It was never something I was particularly interested in, but since they're limited releases I might pick one up like I did with the Titanoboa.

BBTS Standard https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/141292

BBTS Gothic https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/141296

ED Standard https://www.everythingdinosaur.com/product/rebor-oddities-compsognathus-longipes-preserved-dissection-specimen/

ED Gothic https://www.everythingdinosaur.com/product/rebor-oddities-compsognathus-longipes-victorian-goth-stained-dissection-specimen/

I don't know. I had considered getting it, might go well with my JP collection, I did buy the fetus pieces they produced.  I'm not sure which one to get though, one looks fresh while the other has been dead awhile I think?

Bread

P @PumperKrickel Oh my bad. I did not realize that it was only a concept design. Either way, no hate towards the design, but I still just hope Rebor sticks to designs that have been teased/announced previously.

? @Stolpergeist I really hope they don't cancel it. I was actually very interested in them doing a Smilodon. The level of detail on it would be amazing.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 02, 2020, 11:39:53 PM

So uh does anyone know what the status of the REBOR Smilodon is?
I haven't heard from it in a while so I am assuming it is among the other WIPs with a 2021 release perhaps.

Did you see the Pic on Page 198?

suspsy

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 02, 2020, 06:41:45 PM
Quote from: suspsy on November 02, 2020, 02:50:07 AM
Quote from: stargatedalek on November 02, 2020, 12:33:45 AM
Quote from: suspsy on November 01, 2020, 10:21:52 PM
Well, it's not like Rebor is famous for having good taste.
Oi! We anime types aren't all as bad as this lot. Besides, you both seem to have a soft spot for JP, so we all have some interests overlapping with those of REBOR somewhere. >:D ;)

I do? Nnnnnnnnnot really. I mean, I loved the first two films back in the day, but the other three are absolute garbage as far as I'm concerned. And I've grown so fed up with the negative influence of the JP franchise in terms of how the public perceives dinosaurs that I can't even enjoy watching the first two films anymore.

That said, I do firmly believe that Mattel has done a tremendous job of handling the license. They didn't simply surpass Hasbro, which wasn't a difficult accomplishment; they really knocked that ball out of the park. You'll never see me buying a T. rex or a Velociraptor from them, but so far I've bought six of their toys for my son's collection, and we both enjoy playing with them. I just wish the damn Tarbosaurus would show up in Canada so that I can get it for my niece as a Xmas gift.
I recalled you had some of the Mattel figures and that was all, I didn't mean it as some sort of insult. I happen to adore every one of those movies and have very many Mattel figures! Again, I was trying to diffuse the brewing situation with some levity, sorry if I dwelled more on the point about JP than intended.

Oh, I wasn't the least bit mad at you at all; I merely wanted to clarify my position on Mattel.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Syndicate Bias

Loon

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 05, 2020, 07:19:08 PM
I'd still consider it in progress as long as the colouration isn't picked yet.

Yes off course. I just felt, that this was a nice Update in the Process. We'll see. Rebor has its own way of releasing Stuff. I guess it will take a while until something is finished. Or it comes out of nothing. But there will be nothing in between :D

Roar

Im a bit sad with the direction Rebor is going. Dont like it at all. Hope they will do more dinosaurs, like all those they promised. Too bad.
Onwards to adventure!

Loon

One Kaiju to rule them all
One Kaiju to fight them
One Kaiju to beat them all
And in his awesomeness bind them

I am now thoroughly convinced that Rebor is what would happen if you let an 11 year old run a company.

Over9K

Quote from: Loon on November 06, 2020, 09:02:04 PMI am now thoroughly convinced that Rebor is what would happen if you let an 11 year old run a company.

Loon

Quote from: Over9K on November 06, 2020, 09:19:33 PM
Quote from: Loon on November 06, 2020, 09:02:04 PMI am now thoroughly convinced that Rebor is what would happen if you let an 11 year old run a company.

Oh, I didn't know we had said CEO in our mists.

Over9K

Quote from: Loon on November 06, 2020, 09:21:10 PM
Quote from: Over9K on November 06, 2020, 09:19:33 PM

Oh, I didn't know we had said CEO in our mists.

Loon

Uh oh, now you're gonna have bad luck.

Dinoxels

Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Over9K

Quote from: Loon on November 06, 2020, 09:25:27 PM

I'm not the one spillin' the salt. Honestly, why do you bother? We get it, you have personal issues with REBOR, and can't stop constantly whining about them and their products. Obviously your feelings were seriously damaged by something REBOR did, or made, and now the very idea that REBOR continues as a successful toy company really frustrates you, so you have to complain and moan, moan and whine, whine and cry, over and over and over...

But you know, haters gonna hate, whiners gonna whine.

Enjoy your salt.

Loon

Quote from: Over9K on November 06, 2020, 09:34:32 PM
Quote from: Loon on November 06, 2020, 09:25:27 PM

I'm not the one spillin' the salt. Honestly, why do you bother? We get it, you have personal issues with REBOR, and can't stop constantly whining about them and their products. Obviously your feelings were seriously damaged by something REBOR did, or made, and now the very idea that REBOR continues as a successful toy company really frustrates you, so you have to complain and moan, moan and whine, whine and cry, over and over and over...

But you know, haters gonna hate, whiners gonna whine.

Enjoy your salt.

And I get that you personally identify with a company so much you seem to not have the capacity to think some people just don't like them.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: