News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

The truth and truth that companies also have the right to defend themselves against hate attacks from other people, that happens with medical practitioners, jurists (lawyers, prosecutors and judges), educators (professors of schools, Institutes and Universities), the owners of businesses in our city, officials in the face of hate attacks from other people, why should avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO  not defend itself? I understand that it is something logical and natural. All of us defend ourselves from those who insult us or disrespect us. I understand Rebor's position and I share it.

REBOR_STUDIO

We feel that some criticism we received are not justified mainly because aesthetics and preferences are often subjective, we acknowledge that some of our products are not scientifically accurate and we are fully aware that some dinosaur species are feathered however our main audiances are those same minded collectors who also love the old school style reconstructions. It's totally OK to call our products inaccurate or tell us that you don't like them however wouldn't we agree that it's a bit harsh to call those people who like them "uneducated" or "have poor taste"? It's just like now we can tell that the JP rexes and raptors are outdated but it would be unfair to call them bad because good and bad are subjective. We have all the rights to not like something but we shouldn't force others to accept our views.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 10, 2020, 08:01:45 PM
The truth and truth that companies also have the right to defend themselves against hate attacks from other people, that happens with medical practitioners, jurists (lawyers, prosecutors and judges), educators (professors of schools, Institutes and Universities), the owners of businesses in our city, officials in the face of hate attacks from other people, why should avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO  not defend itself? I understand that it is something logical and natural. All of us defend ourselves from those who insult us or disrespect us. I understand Rebor's position and I share it.
yeah, rebor has the right to give bad customers their own crictisim!

REBOR_STUDIO

Also loving feathered dinosaurs doesn't make people "Feather Nazi", sharing the latest research materials with others doesn't make people "Feather Nazi", trying to teach the genearl population that dinosaurs have feathers doesn't make people "Feather Nazi".

But feeling entitled and thinking that they are better than others definitly does.

suspsy

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on November 10, 2020, 07:26:14 PM
That's not ture, we treat people fairly and equally. If people talk to us nicely then we'll treat them with respect and patiently answer all of their questions, however for the trolls we do troll back too. If you run a business then you should know that not all the customers are nice and reasonable which is why lots of sellers have their "blacklists" and many companies hire security officers or bouncers. Companies shouldn't be punch bags and just blindly take in all the hates, we have feelings too. How would you treat those people who rudly demand you again and again to make a feathered T-rex for them and refuse to leave despite we've already told them nicely that we don't want to? 

So what about occasions like this one where you make deliberately provocative statements?

https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/posts/3181453018648351

Your exact words for those who don't do Facebook: Science Illustrated magazine asked us if they can use a stock image of the REBOR Oddities Chickenosaurus Embryo for one of their articles and we said yes; there's also a "under-feathered" Tyrannosaurus next to it. Guess real scientists are not so extreme like those feather nazis eh?[/b]

If that's not intentionally picking a fight, I don't know what is. You got some publicity in a major science magazine and you turned it into an attack against your detractors. However way you want to cut it, that's just not professional. Nor is it cool or funny or mature. Especially when you use a term as inane as "Feather Nazi."

QuotePerhaps our only sin is that we are talkative and willing to communicate, lots of brands don't even talk to their customes or reply to their messages, some even block people straight away giving them no chance to speak at all.

That certainly hasn't been my experience with CollectA, Safari, and Schleich, and they all routinely receive harsh criticism from people same as you do. Indeed, you (assuming you are the same REBOR employee who was posting here back in 2015) made a number of highly derisive statements about the first two companies yourself.

For whatever it's worth, I think many of your products over the years have been of excellent quality, even if I personally disliked their appearance. Nobody can possibly deny you have genuine artistic talent, any more than they can deny that sharks have teeth. But whether you want to admit it or not, you are the instigators as much as you are the victims. And you will never be as respected and adored as other companies so long as you continue to fight fire with fire. Fight it with water instead. Ignore or block those who are overly harsh or unfair to you and don't give anybody a reason to think you're immature or vengeful. Be the better men, to quote an old cliche.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on November 10, 2020, 09:24:11 PM
That's not ture, we treat people fairly and equally. If people talk to us nicely then we'll treat them with respect and patiently answer all of their questions, however for the trolls we do troll back too. If you run a business then you should know that not all the customers are nice and reasonable which is why lots of sellers have their "blacklists" and many companies hire security officers or bouncers. Companies shouldn't be punch bags and just blindly take in all the hates, we have feelings too. How would you treat those people who rudly demand you again and again to make a feathered T-rex for them and refuse to leave despite we've already told them nicely that we don't want to? 

So what about occasions like this one where you make deliberately provocative statements?

Your exact words for those who don't do Facebook: Science Illustrated magazine asked us if they can use a stock image of the REBOR Oddities Chickenosaurus Embryo for one of their articles and we said yes; there's also a "under-feathered" Tyrannosaurus next to it. Guess real scientists are not so extreme like those feather nazis eh?[/b]

If that's not intentionally picking a fight, I don't know what is. You got some publicity in a major science magazine and you turned it into an attack against your detractors. However way you want to cut it, that's just not professional. Nor is it cool or funny or mature. Especially when you use a term as inane as "Feather Nazi."

QuotePerhaps our only sin is that we are talkative and willing to communicate, lots of brands don't even talk to their customes or reply to their messages, some even block people straight away giving them no chance to speak at all.

That certainly hasn't been my experience with CollectA, Safari, and Schleich, and they all routinely receive harsh criticism from people same as you do. Indeed, you (assuming you are the same REBOR employee who was posting here back in 2015) made a number of highly derisive statements about the first two companies yourself.

For whatever it's worth, I think many of your products over the years have been of excellent quality, even if I personally disliked their appearance. Nobody can possibly deny you have genuine artistic talent, any more than they can deny that sharks have teeth. But whether you want to admit it or not, you are the instigators as much as you are the victims. And you will never be as respected and adored as other companies so long as you continue to fight fire with fire. Fight it with water instead. Ignore or block those who are overly harsh or unfair to you and don't give anybody a reason to think you're immature or vengeful. Be the better men, to quote an old cliche.
I was going to reply to their post about how they claim to have never been disrespectful to anyone. I just did not want to misquote anything they said, as well as me waisting my time searching for statements they have said that are disrespectful. Thank you for showing this!

Also, Rebor and any company has the right to defend themselves, but it kind of draws the line when they, the company, insults customers. Rebor can make whatever products they want, I fully respect their choices on what they want to make for their fans. They have products that do indeed appeal to me, as well as others, but with the continuous comments they have made towards customers, it is uncalled for. It leaves people like me, leaning away from their products.

I also want to state that I think they make amazingly detailed products. I think they can be a great company. However, if they can not handle criticism, which then leads to them insulting the customer, it will push away future customers.

REBOR_STUDIO

A few people came to our page and picked a fight prioer to this and we were talking to them only, you are not one of them and this message is not for the whole community of dinosaur enthusiasts. Also "Feather Nazi" is just a term like "awesomebro" that have already been invented for a long time by somebody else, we didn't start it.

Those are some kind words and helpful suggestions and we thank you for caring about us. But that's just who we are, we fight fire with lava. Not saying it's the right way though but it's better letting off steam than holding a grudge. REBOR is run by a group of passionate artists and our way of being "professional" is keep pumping out new works, other than that we are just ordinary people and can never achieve pr agency kind of professional, we just treat people fairly and equally like everybody else.

Martwad

Quote from: Bread on November 10, 2020, 10:11:36 PM

I was going to reply to their post about how they claim to have never been disrespectful to anyone. I just did not want to misquote anything they said, as well as me waisting my time searching for statements they have said that are disrespectful. Thank you for showing this!

Also, Rebor and any company has the right to defend themselves, but it kind of draws the line when they, the company, insults customers. Rebor can make whatever products they want, I fully respect their choices on what they want to make for their fans. They have products that do indeed appeal to me, as well as others, but with the continuous comments they have made towards customers, it is uncalled for. It leaves people like me, leaning away from their products.

I also want to state that I think they make amazingly detailed products. I think they can be a great company. However, if they can not handle criticism, which then leads to them insulting the customer, it will push away future customers.

avatar_Bread @Bread , I'm not condoning their behavior, but you have to recall that immediately preceding that post was a long drawn-out debate on Facebook over their products being "shit" because they weren't properly feathered.

Martwad

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on November 10, 2020, 08:34:20 PM
Also loving feathered dinosaurs doesn't make people "Feather Nazi", sharing the latest research materials with others doesn't make people "Feather Nazi", trying to teach the genearl population that dinosaurs have feathers doesn't make people "Feather Nazi".

But feeling entitled and thinking that they are better than others definitly does.

avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO , I don't personally take exception to your social media presence.  I fully understand defending yourselves.  My only advice is to block and ignore individuals when you realize they have the emotional maturity of a 12 year old.

Dinoxels

avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO Just because you produce products doesn't make you a good person/company. And "letting off steam" on your customers really is not a good decision. Fighting "fire with lava" is also not a good decision, don't make the excuse "that's just the way we are". You can interact with your customers nicely, instead of being straight up rude and unfunny. You are not being fair with all your customers, you let some people go who praise your figures but be extremely rude to those who don't like your models.
Seriously, clean up your act a little. And if you do, maybe I will buy a model from you.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

DinoToyForum

Banned avatar_Over9K @Over9K for 14 day due to a post upthread that violates forum rule 1. I missed it at the time. This is also a formal warning to that member.  C:-)

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Bread on November 10, 2020, 10:11:36 PM

Most of our customers are great people and there is no way that we would ever insult anyone who's being nice to us, we are not mad. But there are annoying people out there and anyone could be a potentional customer so where do we draw the line? Imagine you are a restaurant manager and you asked a customer to leave after he/she threw money on a waiter's face yet people start telling you that you can't treat your customers like this or it would be unprofessional. We know what we are doing and you don't have to defend those people you don't even know. We have the right to choose our customers too so saying that we insult our customers is just super biased and double standard.

DinoToyForum

To all members, please stop using the phrase 'feather nazi' on this forum. From now on I will regard its use, in any context, as a personal provocation and a profanity in violation of forum rules 1 and 2. The phrase is clearly designed to provoke by misappropriating the word Nazi in this way, and it is totally uncalled for. Thank you. C:-) 

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Dinoxels on November 10, 2020, 10:33:37 PM
avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO Just because you produce products doesn't make you a good person/company. And "letting off steam" on your customers really is not a good decision. Fighting "fire with lava" is also not a good decision, don't make the excuse "that's just the way we are". You can interact with your customers nicely, instead of being straight up rude and unfunny. You are not being fair with all your customers, you let some people go who praise your figures but be extremely rude to those who don't like your models.
Seriously, clean up your act a little. And if you do, maybe I will buy a model from you.

Sorry you are not listening, we were never rude to those who don't like our models, like we said preferences are subjective so it's really OK, but telling people that scientifically accurate reconstructions are aesthetically superior is imposing a personal beliefs on others, that's called rude.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 10, 2020, 10:51:07 PM
To all members, please stop using the phrase 'feather nazi' on this forum. From now on I will regard its use, in any context, as a personal provocation and a profanity in violation of forum rules 1 and 2. The phrase is clearly designed to provoke by misappropriating the word Nazi in this way, and it is totally uncalled for. Thank you. C:-)

Understood. Sorry about that!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on November 10, 2020, 10:54:53 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 10, 2020, 10:51:07 PM

Understood. Sorry about that!

Thank you. :)

Bread

Quote from: Dinoxels on November 10, 2020, 10:33:37 PM
I agree with this. avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO there is nothing wrong with blocking rude customers or ignoring them. Fighting fire with lava should not be the solution. I fully understand defending yourselves, but showing a bad attitude towards customers makes others turn away from your products.

avatar_Martwad @Martwad Sorry, I didn't really have any examples of their behavior on me at the moment. What avatar_suspsy @suspsy said was one of the examples of having rude/disrespectful attitude towards an individual. I was just giving my input, my apologies.

Carnoking

avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO
I don't think there is any denying that your products are among the best for the value. I can't think of another brand that delivers such sturdy models with various points of articulation, including sections of posable rubber, at a more affordable price point. And that's before we mention the sheer diversity of your brand with everything from pop-culture inspired pieces and more scientific models. I think there's a place for all of it in one collection or another, certainly in mine.

That being said, while you're here and responding to comments, perhaps you could clear something up for me. How do you go about deciding what teases you will be taking forward into production, and how frequently are you required to shift focus from one project to another? I love seeing all the stuff you are working on and the process that goes into it, but I often find myself wondering as more items get revealed/teased what (if anything) is going on with some of the past works we're yet to see on shelves. Really this is my biggest frustration when following your work, but it's a double edged sword indeed. Like I said, I love all those behind the scenes looks you give your fans and followers, but it also makes me a bit anxious/curious about other stuff you have planned. Do you have a general idea of the models you would like to see released at any given year? Or is it more on a project by project basis?

Stegotyranno420

Honestly, i dont see rebor as a professional cheery company. I see them as a bunch of talented guys making art, and selling it to others.
For example, have you heard about the channel, MarcoMakes? he makes JP/Jw figurines. Thats his hobby, not his proffesion, even though his hobby surpasses the quality of many professional Jp figures. He is just selling copies of his hobby, sometimes commisions to friends. Now, if you started calling rude things and made fun of him, all because he just wanted to make Jp figures that arent feathered or accuarte. Thats just wrong.

I may be appaled by rebor's latest projects, like that stupid anime thing, but tahts okay. Rebor is aweosme. Rebor can be Rebor, and nobody is gonna change it. And after seeing the otherside of the story through Rebor, i can conclude, your honor, that Rebor is innocent, and rebor is right!

Bread

avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO I just want to say I think your company is great and has these excellent products, some I may not see as appealing as others, but I give credit where credit is due and ya'll put out products with amazing detail. I am sorry if you feel offended or hate towards your company. I never will hate a company, but I had to give some input/criticism on the whole issue with interacting with customers issue and haters. I do look forward to your future products. I am especially looking forward to your possible smilodon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: