News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on November 10, 2020, 10:14:55 PM
A few people came to our page and picked a fight prioer to this and we were talking to them only, you are not one of them and this message is not for the whole community of dinosaur enthusiasts.

Except there's nothing in that Facebook post to indicate that it was directed at a handful of specific individuals who previously attacked you. Any casual visitors to your page would justifiably assume that it was a random provocation out of nowhere.

QuoteAlso "Feather
Spoiler
Nazi"
[close]
is just a term like "awesomebro" that have already been invented for a long time by somebody else, we didn't start it.

So what? That's hardly an excuse for continuing to use it. Going by your argument, it's also okay to use racial epithets because they were already invented a long time ago by somebody else.

QuoteThose are some kind words and helpful suggestions and we thank you for caring about us. But that's just who we are, we fight fire with lava. Not saying it's the right way though but it's better letting off steam than holding a grudge.

Or you could refrain from holding grudges in the first place. Have you ever made the slightest effort to attempt that? Moreover, there are other ways to let off steam than engaging in pointless rounds of name calling with people whom you'll almost certainly never encounter face to face. What good has "fighting fire with lava" done for you since 2015? It certainly hasn't silenced your detractors in the slightest. All it's done is to create an increasingly bad reputation for you.

QuoteREBOR is run by a group of passionate artists and our way of being "professional" is keep pumping out new works, other than that we are just ordinary people and can never achieve pr agency kind of professional, we just treat people fairly and equally like everybody else.

That is also not an excuse. David Silva is a passionate artist as well who keeps pumping out new works while receiving constant criticism. He's been attacked for his choice of colour schemes, for reusing body parts, for adding lips, for not adding feathers, and various other items. And yet in all his online interactions with people, he never resorts to name calling or deliberate provocation. The same goes for companies like Nanmu and I-Toys as well as CollectA, Safari, and Schleich. Shoot, I've seen Doug Watson get frustrated here on several occasions over what he considers to be unfair criticism of his work, but he knows better than to fly off the handle.

Have to say, avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO, your post has caused me to lose even more respect for you. You admit that your behaviour is not right, yet you continue to engage in it. And worse, you seem proud of it. I'm sure you'll always have steadfastly loyal fans to keep you up and running, but it's sad to think about how many more you could gain if only you rose above the immature behaviour.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: suspsy on November 11, 2020, 03:42:08 AM
Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on November 10, 2020, 10:14:55 PM
A few people came to our page and picked a fight prioer to this and we were talking to them only, you are not one of them and this message is not for the whole community of dinosaur enthusiasts.

Except there's nothing in that Facebook post to indicate that it was directed at a handful of specific individuals who previously attacked you. Any casual visitors to your page would justifiably assume that it was a random provocation out of nowhere.

QuoteAlso "Feather
Spoiler
Nazi"
[close]
is just a term like "awesomebro" that have already been invented for a long time by somebody else, we didn't start it.

So what? That's hardly an excuse for continuing to use it. Going by your argument, it's also okay to use racial epithets because they were already invented a long time ago by somebody else.

QuoteThose are some kind words and helpful suggestions and we thank you for caring about us. But that's just who we are, we fight fire with lava. Not saying it's the right way though but it's better letting off steam than holding a grudge.

Or you could refrain from holding grudges in the first place. Have you ever made the slightest effort to attempt that? Moreover, there are other ways to let off steam than engaging in pointless rounds of name calling with people whom you'll almost certainly never encounter face to face. What good has "fighting fire with lava" done for you since 2015? It certainly hasn't silenced your detractors in the slightest. All it's done is to create an increasingly bad reputation for you.

QuoteREBOR is run by a group of passionate artists and our way of being "professional" is keep pumping out new works, other than that we are just ordinary people and can never achieve pr agency kind of professional, we just treat people fairly and equally like everybody else.

That is also not an excuse. David Silva is a passionate artist as well who keeps pumping out new works while receiving constant criticism. He's been attacked for his choice of colour schemes, for reusing body parts, for adding lips, for not adding feathers, and various other items. And yet in all his online interactions with people, he never resorts to name calling or deliberate provocation. The same goes for companies like Nanmu and I-Toys as well as CollectA, Safari, and Schleich. Shoot, I've seen Doug Watson get frustrated here on several occasions over what he considers to be unfair criticism of his work, but he knows better than to fly off the handle.

Have to say, avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO, your post has caused me to lose even more respect for you. You admit that your behaviour is not right, yet you continue to engage in it. And worse, you seem proud of it. I'm sure you'll always have steadfastly loyal fans to keep you up and running, but it's sad to think about how many more you could gain if only you rose above the immature behaviour.

If you don't like us, simply ignore us. No offence but there is no need to tell others what to do, moral high ground doesn't work here.

Also David Silva is a great artist and we have a lot of respect for him, but we are not him. The more you try to control us the more we'll fight back.

Here's a civilised conversation between us and a customer, this is how we usually talk to others. How did we get so many fans if we are truly as horrible as you claimed? 
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBxZ7F7F9-B/

But the problem is some of our products were not even made for a particular group yet some self entitled people felt like to jump in and start preaching what's right and what's wrong, we asked them to leave and they start to insult us so we chose to troll them around until they give up. Who's fault is that? Customers can do whatever they want to companies but companies can't talk back? That's just double standard and unfair.   

Carnoking

Getting back to their figures, it looks like they've got a test cast of one of their retrosaurus models. I'm pretty excited about this one, definitely anxious to see some color schemes.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 11, 2020, 03:53:02 AM
Quote from: suspsy on November 11, 2020, 03:42:08 AM

Yeah, not only did I get that impression without REBOR's additional context but also you see "Love the skull. The video? So annoying. But only showed yutyrannus." in the comment section and 12 laugh reacts at the post, presumably laughing at the YouTuber.
Even if you didn't intend it, the post ridiculed him in the end.

Go ahead and ask our fans, nobody thought like that. It got 12 laugh reacts because it's a entertaining video and people liked it. If you always assume the worst of peole then even genuine laughs become mockery in your eyes.

Faelrin

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking I think it is an improvement over the earlier image we saw of it. I really hope we see the other variant soon too (the 80's styled one that will also have a Primal Rage Sauron color scheme).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

Quote from: Carnoking on November 11, 2020, 04:05:24 PM

Getting back to their figures, it looks like they've got a test cast of one of their retrosaurus models. I'm pretty excited about this one, definitely anxious to see some color schemes.
Definitely a fan of that. I am looking for good representation of retro Tyrannosaurus, and invicta's doesn't do it for me. It would be cool if Rebor continues these Retrosaurs. I'd love to see them do a spinosaurus.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Bread on November 11, 2020, 04:53:23 PM

Definitely a fan of that. I am looking for good representation of retro Tyrannosaurus, and invicta's doesn't do it for me. It would be cool if Rebor continues these Retrosaurs. I'd love to see them do a spinosaurus.

What a cool tyrannosaurus Rebor! I hope that in the next year they release it. It is a very beautiful figure, it is made on the same scale as the tyrannosaurus of the same brand Rebor and that is behind it. Have you not noticed what is behind? I am honestly going to be a sure buyer of that figure. In my case, I am not interested in human figures like that exceptional and artistic reproduction of Michelangelo's David, although if they sell it with the dinosaur, I would not mind buying it anyway. Nice representation of Rebor dinosaur.

Lanthanotus

Only way to go here is hues of gray, black and dark brown olive at its fanciest, isn`t it? Nevertheless, I like it,... now we need the Trike family to fit this....

CityRaptor

It's a classic rivalry. Yet avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO has so many Tyrannosaurus variants, but their only fitting Trike is a glorified foot rest. Yep, not counting the baby here.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

postsaurischian

....... good representation of retro Tyrannosaurus, and invicta's doesn't do it for me. It would be cool if Rebor continues these Retrosaurs. I'd love to see them do a spinosaurus.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 11, 2020, 05:06:09 PM
What a cool tyrannosaurus Rebor! .......

I'd say it's a Gwangi Allosaurus. And I kinda like it :) .

Bread

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 11, 2020, 08:53:29 PM
....... good representation of retro Tyrannosaurus, and invicta's doesn't do it for me. It would be cool if Rebor continues these Retrosaurs. I'd love to see them do a spinosaurus.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 11, 2020, 05:06:09 PM
What a cool tyrannosaurus Rebor! .......

I'd say it's a Gwangi Allosaurus. And I kinda like it :) .
My bad. Once I said Tyrannosaurus, I noticed everyone else following along with it being a Tyrannosaurus. I am not so good with identifying retrosaur therapods, they all appear very similar to each other in my opinion, sorry.

Carnoking

Both of REBOR's retrosaurus models appear to be based off of the work of Charles R. Knight. This first one is a painting of a T.rex from before it was known that the animal had two fingers.
That being said, it does indeed look like Gwangi and the other Harryhausen dinosaurs, and if REBOR was to give them paint schemes inspired by the creatures of those films I think I could die happy.

CityRaptor

Yep, clearly a Knight Rex. Of course it also looks like Harryhausen's work. Harryhausen was influenced by Knight.  Same with his mentor, Willis O'Brien.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Faelrin

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking I hadn't considered that before, but I would really love to see a color scheme for it based on Gwangi.

Would be the perfect gift for my dad (though was one of my favorite dinosaur movies growing up too).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on November 11, 2020, 04:04:16 PM
If you don't like us, simply ignore us. No offence but there is no need to tell others what to do, moral high ground doesn't work here.]

Actually, the moral high ground works everywhere, all the time. Just because you're looking up at it doesn't mean you can deny it exists.

QuoteAlso David Silva is a great artist and we have a lot of respect for him, but we are not him. The more you try to control us the more we'll fight back.

Control you? You think I'm trying to control you by pointing out your ongoing misbehaviour, and the inherent flaws in your attempts to justify it? Okay. And you also think that increasing said misbehaviour is somehow going to do you any favours? That makes zero sense.

QuoteHere's a civilised conversation between us and a customer, this is how we usually talk to others. How did we get so many fans if we are truly as horrible as you claimed? 
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBxZ7F7F9-B/

I don't recall ever using the term "horrible" to describe you, but if you can go back through this thread and highlight an instance where I did, I'll acknowledge it frankly. On that note, I can just as easily highlight multiple instances in this thread where you employed worse language. Indeed, it ended up getting you temporarily banned from here at least once. I could probably find more examples on Facebook and Instagram as well if I so chose.

QuoteBut the problem is some of our products were not even made for a particular group yet some self entitled people felt like to jump in and start preaching what's right and what's wrong, we asked them to leave and they start to insult us so we chose to troll them around until they give up. Who's fault is that?

You keep bringing up the fact that some people attack you personally over your products, and I have never claimed that that is justifiable. But what is also not justifiable is your deliberate choice to troll them back. You even admitted earlier that that isn't the right course of action, so why do you bother continuing? Again, all you achieve by it is to hurt your own reputation further and enable the toxic cycle to go on indefinitely. Why not just block anyone who antagonizes you unfairly and be done with it?

QuoteCustomers can do whatever they want to companies but companies can't talk back? That's just double standard and unfair.

Unfair, yes, but not a double standard at all. Companies take the high road all the time with rude customers because they don't wish to invite further rudeness and they especially don't want to potentially drive away business in the process. Many people are just as turned off by your misbehaviour as that of your trolls. I can't put it any more clearly than that. Personally, I don't hate you and I think a lot of your products are top quality and genuinely cool, but I'd never consider buying any of them because I don't want to support a company that regularly and intentionally acts the way you do. That's been my stance for five years now and this latest discussion has only further vindicated it, sadly. :(

But judging from your responses, I don't believe you're willing to entertain the possibility that you could be going about things the wrong way, so I'm going to leave it at that.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Flaffy

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on November 11, 2020, 04:04:16 PM
If you don't like us, simply ignore us.

Maybe you should take your own advice and simply ignore/block the haters. Would be better than adding fuel to the fire.

Bokisaurus

Okay, can we perhaps cool it down a bit?
Thanks.

Roar

Im not here to argue, but avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO i hope you Will Make more dinosaurs in the future, Kongzilla and the anime dino girl isnt my cup of tea. I love the Komodo dragon, hope the pinta will come too. But what I really really love, is the two retrosaurs. Will you be doing more? If yes what Will be the next One in planning?
Onwards to adventure!

Bread

Saw this on Rebor's facebook page. I actually do prefer the Allosaurus, but I think this Tyrannosaurus is pretty good, too. Hopefully it won't be too pricey for me.

Carnoking

Doesn't look like it has a bendable rubber tail, which always drives up the price. With that in mind I wouldn't be surprised if these models are in the price range of the rex carcasses and stegosaurus figures.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: