News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over9K

New pic just looks like the same prototype to me... but it is nice to know they're still coming... looking back at the previous photos, I had forgotten just how large these were going to be!

Shonisaurus

They will be made of vinyl or solid PVC, that is, solid PVC.

Over9K

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 01, 2021, 09:24:24 PM
They will be made of vinyl or solid PVC, that is, solid PVC.

Indeed. These are NOT to be grabbed and go'd...

Carnoking

The "Plain" title has me wondering if there will be variants for each of them...

Over9K

New Carno pics... this looks to finally fully surpass the old Vanilla Ice as their most accurate Cinemasaurus...

Shonisaurus

It is a fantastic carnotaurus figure in the literal sense of genius when it comes to sculpture and painting and in the literal sense that it is an unscientific carnotaurus from my personal opinion. It has very well painted and correctly sculpted teeth, which is why it is necessary to know if that figure will be made of PVC and if it will be made in one piece without the detachable tail like most of Rebor's theropod and dinosaur figures of recent years.

I assume it will have at least two paint variants.

RobinGoodfellow

..for Disney Dinosaur (unlicensed  ;) )  fans only:

Blade-of-the-Moon

I certainly plan to get the Carnotaurus. Loved the film design.  Not sure which one they chose to copy, I think of the pair of Carnos one was a bit slender and had thinner horns while the other bigger and bulkier with thicker horns and one turned up and one one angled down? 

Carnoking

Bread

I assume Rebor chose the bulkier and bigger one out of the two. In the film, the bulkier and bigger Carnotaurus survives the cave collapse, as a result it continues to pursue the herd until the Carnotaurus meets its demise. This one has more screen time and clearer shots, but then again I could be wrong. Still a lovely sculpt after a beloved childhood movie of mine.:)

Bread

Well here it is, Ekrixinatosaurus by Rebor. Going to be honest, I am kind of disappointed with this one. I am glad this genus is being represented, but the sculpt is a copy of their Carnotaurus, with the horns removed along with a different color scheme. I don't know why Rebor chose to do this, it kind of misrepresents the genus, and I wish they just made a darker color variant of the Carnotaurus (the cave scene in Disney's Dinosaurs, would have loved if they did this, it is my favorite scene from the movie). Other than that, I don't think this model is bad, I just wish for a different sculpt for this genus or a different colors scheme for their "Disney's Dinosaurs" Carnotaurus. Here the images:

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on January 06, 2021, 01:58:35 PM
Well here it is, Ekrixinatosaurus by Rebor. Going to be honest, I am kind of disappointed with this one. I am glad this genus is being represented, but the sculpt is a copy of their Carnotaurus, with the horns removed along with a different color scheme. I don't know why Rebor chose to do this, it kind of misrepresents the genus, and I wish they just made a darker color variant of the Carnotaurus (the cave scene in Disney's Dinosaurs, would have loved if they did this, it is my favorite scene from the movie). Other than that, I don't think this model is bad, I just wish for a different sculpt for this genus or a different colors scheme for their "Disney's Dinosaurs" Carnotaurus. Here the images:

yeah the color is nice but just a hornless copy doesnt interest me much

suspsy

You could just as easily market this as a female Carnotaurus. Even easier.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

Well it is obviously not a scientific figure of Ekrixinatosaurus, but it is the only figure of that dinosaur existing on the market. I will honestly buy that figure and the carnotaurus can wait ... maybe indefinitely in my case. On the other hand, I like by far the colors of the ekrixinatosaurus more than those of the carnotaurus. The carnotaurus paint splash, based on the Disney movie, is a bit garish and somewhat off-putting, although it's obviously based on the paint colors from that great movie.

Carnoking

I think that color scheme with those sculptural aesthetics is awesome. Gives me a desert lizard vibe. Almost wish they had kept the horns so we could have some in universe variations!

Over9K

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your new acquisition. The gorilla Z or rather King Kong is highly recommended even if it does not coincide with any prehistoric animal. I have the three paint versions ordered in July of last year since January 4th and the fourth paint version from bigbadtoystore is on the way. They make a very good set with the Rebor vastatosaurus, hopefully they will add to this collection of creatures from the Skull Island, not only the Nanmu vastatosaurus but other species worthy of being represented in figure. I said my congratulations.

Fenestra

I received the Gorilla as well last week and got myself the white version.
It is absolutely gorgeous, detail and paint are top notch. It's got heft too. It weighs more than half a kilo.

Carnoking

REBOR have posted additional photos of their saurophaganax sculpt

Even if it is still somewhat monstrous and busy, it's nice to see they are still  doing true dinosaur offerings!

Stegotyranno420

Wow, that seems cool, I guess. But it kind looks too much like Indominus Rex. Hopefully they make it a bit more fleshy and beefy so it looks more natural. I'm also wondering the pricing

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: