News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over9K

Quote from: Callophrys on June 17, 2021, 06:27:04 PM
Quote from: Abobo on June 17, 2021, 04:31:59 PM
From REBOR today about the SAUROPHAGANAX : "Take one last look at the master cast of the notorious Saurophaganax "Big Biggie" before we send it to China, he's be fully painted and all the next time you see him!"

Pity about that ramrod-straight tail!

That'll be bendy on the finished figure, no doubt.

Callophrys

Quote from: Abobo on June 17, 2021, 06:37:24 PM
the tail will surely be flexible like for their V-Rex

Ahh, that makes sense. I've never even seen a Rebor figure so didn't realise this!

Over9K

ITdactyl

Oh, Lady Dimitrescu.... yesssss....

Thialfi

Quote from: Over9K on June 21, 2021, 06:50:12 PM
Meanwhile...

This has me very hyped. The Invicta T Rex was one of my first dinosaur figures ever. I am usually not too concerned with nostalgia but this HD update is something else for me. I would love to own it. It's BIG!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Carnoking

I was initially none too interested in this one (The ceratosaurus version had my interest more), but dang that's awesome. Might have to get it.

SidB

This seems to be mandatory to any admirer of the classic Invicta line, almost the Tyrannosaurus that they could have made, a sort of spiritual descendant, as it were.

suspsy

That does look nice. I'll be interested to see what the colour schemes will be. I suppose one of them will reflect the painted Invicta version.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

triceratops83

Got a newsletter from Minizoo that said to make room for new brands and products, they're "saying goodbye to Rebor". They've even removed the pages displaying future Rebor releases. If you want any of that stuff, Minizoo is lowering the prices over the next few weeks until all the stock is gone. I've never really cared for Rebor stuff, but this is awkward timing since I am interested in the Invicta rex. Oh, well.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: triceratops83 on June 22, 2021, 12:29:45 PM
Got a newsletter from Minizoo that said to make room for new brands and products, they're "saying goodbye to Rebor". They've even removed the pages displaying future Rebor releases. If you want any of that stuff, Minizoo is lowering the prices over the next few weeks until all the stock is gone. I've never really cared for Rebor stuff, but this is awkward timing since I am interested in the Invicta rex. Oh, well.

Minizoo can no longer meet our MOQ so we ceased cooperation with them, it was a peaceful breakup and will benefit both of us. We'll find a new Australia based seller soon.

blnadal

REBOR 1:11±1 Smilodon populator "Stray Cat" VHS Ver. is now officially a BBTS/US Exclusive figure and will be released in the deluxe pack format i.e. one body with two interchangeable head sculpts at 64.99 USD, pre-order starting today!

SenSx

It will be 26,5cm/10 inch long!  :o
Big and pricey, I still can't wait, but I'll only buy one.
I guess and hope the other versions will be available at the same time (Q3)?

Thialfi

Looks absolutely lovely. Not a fan of exclusives (mainly because I am not US based, and most exclusives seem to be released in the US), but I understand why a company would do this and I think it makes sense to offer this variant as an exclusive. Can't wait for the other two to come available!

Over9K

First in-hand images of the Retrosaurus Mesozoic Rhapsody have appeared and they're kind of terrible. Lots of folks on Facebook assuming that this is what the figure actually looks like. I'm pretty sure the photos are badly taken/edited as well as very poorly lit, and the paint is not nearly as bad as the photos make it look.

Using Microsoft Photoviewer's very elementary edit function, I pulled out some of the light and brought back some of the color...

Blade-of-the-Moon

probably bad lighting or too much flash, sculpt looks great though

Carnoking

Yeah, those images definitely look washed out. The paint job on the paint master never struck me as overly complex but certainly much more saturated so I think it would be weird to see such a shift in tones.

Shonisaurus

Thanks for sharing those figures. In my case, I like the way that Retrosaurus Mesozoic Rhapsody is painted, the paint is very good, although perhaps a violet color would be appreciated for the sculpture instead of gray. However, both the sculpture and the painting are honored. I am convinced that they will be more spectacular having one in your collection physically.

Fenestra

Meh, probably just overlit photos.
For me, the strongest feature of REBOR figures is that the final product always looks exactly like the promo pictures.
They never disapoint.
So...stir up Facebook cowboys, I guess...

RobinGoodfellow

..well, I'm just seeing that new Rebor models (vintage Rexes, new Titanoboa) are now available in China (on Aliexpress) but they're not yet available in UK (where Rebor should be located in)..  >:D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: