News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain

Mellow Stego

I just that this on their Instagram. Looks great but I worry if it well ever come out. Seems like Rebor cancels a lot of there projects.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Rain

Quote from: Mellow Stego on June 13, 2021, 05:11:59 PM
I just that this on their Instagram. Looks great but I worry if it well ever come out. Seems like Rebor cancels a lot of there projects.

There's no way they're cancelling a T rex.

Faelrin

I'm only hoping it will be in 1/35 scale, and will have actual tiny scales (skeptical because of track record). I'm guessing they are basing this on the Sue statue for the Field Museum. I'll be honest they have my attention at the moment anyways.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

That artwork looks promising, but Rebor isn't exactly reliable for keeping their promises. OTOH, they stated themselves that T. rex outsells all their other products by a huge margin, so I guess this one stands a good chance of becoming reality. We shall see.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Carnoking

If they stay the course with this one, this won't just be another T. rex. It will be the T. rex

Duna

Please, just make it with tiny scales and it will be THE REX ...  :) It looks very like the new Sue mount ...

Concavenator

We will just have to see if that becomes an actual figure or not... it wouldn't be the first time they don't end up producing something they teased (which is a bit ridiculous, like if you won't be making it, don't tease it to begin with).

But if this continues, this could very interesting. Right now, I would say the best Tyrannosaurus figure is the newest PNSO Wilson, as it is an appropiately beefy and scaly version. But it could be argued the best Tyrannosaurus figure will be the BotM version, when it comes out, as the scale detail is better than Wilson's and it has lips. But that is an articulated figure and there could people not interested in that kind of model. But if this Rebor version is released, it could perfectly be the best Tyrannosaurus figure available (non-action figure, that is). If this one has scale detail as fine as the Eofauna Giganotosaurus or the newest PNSO theropods and it lacks tarsal scutes they will nail it.

It's very curious, 1 year ago I was saying their Grab N Go Tyrannosaurus was interesting, but it's not that accurate. But this one truly has potential. If this means the start of a line in which they will try to produce actual scientifically accurate figures, even though their focus will remain in pop culture items, I would definitely keep an eye open for them. I don't have any Rebor products yet, but if something has possibilities of joining my collection it would be this figure or related ones.

Shadowknight1

My pipe dream wish here:  2 versions.  One with more subtle scale detail.  One with feathers.  I know neither will happen, but I can hope.  This is still really, really promising.  While I would've preferred to see some color schemes for Saurophaganax already, this is definitely a very good thing to see.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Rain

I highly doubt it'll be cancelled. None of their rexes have been thus far and, like Suspsy correctly pointed out, they've mentioned how well their rexes sell in the past.

I just wish it had been hand sculpted instead, I'm really not a fan of the monotonous detailing their newer figures have and, conversely, absolutely adore how well it looked on their older figures. I was planning on getting one of the GNG rexes and modifying it but I think I'll just hold out for this instead.

Patrx

Well, heck, I'd buy that, depending on where they go with the integumentary detail.

JohannesB

If this Tyrannosaurus rex figure does indeed come out as depicted, I will probably get it, for various reasons. Firstly, it looks to be accurate in proportions and anatomical detail. (I don't know if T. rex would be as lean in real life though: the muscles showing under the skin as they do here, without much subcutaneous fat. Or am I just talking out of my *** here?) Secondly, it would be a nice alternative to some of my favorite lipless T. rex figures (PNSO Wilson 2.0 and others). It does look a bit skin wrapped in some areas of the head, though, but I guess I could live with that.

Bread

Quote from: Rain on June 13, 2021, 05:07:06 PM

Can someone perform an edit or comparison image of a matching skeleton? The tail seems short to me, but then again I could very well be wrong.

I do really like what Rebor are going for, now only if they could switch up with the constant Tyrannosaurus, but like they said it does indeed sell the best. Probably be a pass for me only because I have Wilson (old and current) and I am happy with them, I have enough Tyrannosaurs at the moment. Still, great job Rebor!

SRF

Definitely interesting to see how this develops. For now this Rex seems to be a real challenger for the throne. I'm very curious how the final pose of this figure will be.

Knowing Rebor however, they will probably label it 1/35 scale while the model itself is more in the 1/30 range, like their Killer Queens and GNG Rexes. If that is the case then I will probably still prefer Wilson over this one.
But today, I'm just being father

Shonisaurus

Honestly, I am totally sure that this scientific tyrannosaurus rex will not have any balance problems like other toy dinosaur companies. I can't wait to see that finished artwork but for now I will focus on the three versions of Rebor's smilodon in my case with those three versions I am well served by this company if it is released this year.

Abobo

From REBOR today about the SAUROPHAGANAX : "Take one last look at the master cast of the notorious Saurophaganax "Big Biggie" before we send it to China, he's be fully painted and all the next time you see him!"

Callophrys

Quote from: Abobo on June 17, 2021, 04:31:59 PM
From REBOR today about the SAUROPHAGANAX : "Take one last look at the master cast of the notorious Saurophaganax "Big Biggie" before we send it to China, he's be fully painted and all the next time you see him!"

Pity about that ramrod-straight tail!

Abobo

the tail will surely be flexible like for their V-Rex

Kapitaenosavrvs

What a Surprise this T. rex! And that from Rebor. Lets see how this one goes. But why not. A Rebor T. rex will get huge. If. But the last year they kind of got progress on Figures.
I really can't imagine too big scales on a rex that is (really) supposed to be on the accurate side. That would be a weird move after all the Feedback on too big scales from People all around the Globe regarding Winter Wilson from PNSO. Also this looks like it leans towards the new Sue Statue. Design wise.

Looking forward to it. Like the Invicta hommage as well. The Pteranodon is something i really have absolutely no interest in :D Same for the Saurophaganax. But they look well done.

SidB

Quote from: Callophrys on June 17, 2021, 06:27:04 PM
Quote from: Abobo on June 17, 2021, 04:31:59 PM

Pity about that ramrod-straight tail!
Just look at it as an instant in time, caught in PVC.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: