News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on July 15, 2021, 06:30:06 AM

..well, I'm just seeing that new Rebor models (vintage Rexes, new Titanoboa) are now available in China (on Aliexpress) but they're not yet available in UK (where Rebor should be located in)..  >:D

And in all other Asian countries cus our warehouse is in China, like we are still waiting for our pre-ordered Transformers Kingdom wave 3 here in the UK while collectors in Asian countries have already had them for months since those are made in Vietnam. Shipping takes time.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Archosaur on June 13, 2021, 09:43:37 PM
If this Tyrannosaurus rex figure does indeed come out as depicted, I will probably get it, for various reasons. Firstly, it looks to be accurate in proportions and anatomical detail. (I don't know if T. rex would be as lean in real life though: the muscles showing under the skin as they do here, without much subcutaneous fat. Or am I just talking out of my *** here?) Secondly, it would be a nice alternative to some of my favorite lipless T. rex figures (PNSO Wilson 2.0 and others). It does look a bit skin wrapped in some areas of the head, though, but I guess I could live with that.
Reptiles tend to have much less fat than mammals and such
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

stargatedalek

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on August 20, 2021, 04:36:01 PM
Quote from: Archosaur on June 13, 2021, 09:43:37 PM
If this Tyrannosaurus rex figure does indeed come out as depicted, I will probably get it, for various reasons. Firstly, it looks to be accurate in proportions and anatomical detail. (I don't know if T. rex would be as lean in real life though: the muscles showing under the skin as they do here, without much subcutaneous fat. Or am I just talking out of my *** here?) Secondly, it would be a nice alternative to some of my favorite lipless T. rex figures (PNSO Wilson 2.0 and others). It does look a bit skin wrapped in some areas of the head, though, but I guess I could live with that.
Reptiles tend to have much less fat than mammals and such
By "and such" do you mean birds? As in, dinosaurs?

Stegotyranno420

avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954 But arent archosaurs more robust and massive(not heavy, I mean overall mass)?

stargatedalek

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on August 20, 2021, 10:24:01 PM
But arent archosaurs more robust and massive(not heavy, I mean overall mass)?
No, archosaurs are an incredibly broad group with wide ranges of body plans. And again, birds are archosaurs. Extinct dinosaurs show no indication they should be "leaner" or "more robust/massive" than birds, and frankly those are mutually exclusive so I don't understand what you're even trying to say.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 21, 2021, 01:23:54 AM
No, archosaurs are an incredibly broad group with wide ranges of body plans. And again, birds are archosaurs. Extinct dinosaurs show no indication they should be "leaner" or "more robust/massive" than birds, and frankly those are mutually exclusive so I don't understand what you're even trying to say.
I was saying that from a general standpoint.  And I was comparing it with mammals and other reptiles,  NOT birds. And in general , dinosaurs were more built than birds.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on August 21, 2021, 02:23:37 AM
Quote from: stargatedalek on August 21, 2021, 01:23:54 AM
I was saying that from a general standpoint.  And I was comparing it with mammals and other reptiles,  NOT birds. And in general , dinosaurs were more built than birds.
What do you mean by "more built"? More muscular? Because that's definitely wrong, birds developed a giant bone that takes up a good quarter of their torso just to be an anchor for giant muscles. Plus in most birds the upper leg is extremely compact and muscular for taking off, and in birds like pigeons that take off almost entirely through jumping rather than flapping the whole leg is very muscled.

Stegotyranno420

By built I am referring to overall bulk. In this scenario, the trophy will generally go to non avian dinosaurs

stargatedalek

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on August 21, 2021, 04:01:56 AM
By built I am referring to overall bulk. In this scenario, the trophy will generally go to non avian dinosaurs
Per height non-avian dinosaurs will be bulkier because of their tails, per length (or weight) birds will be bulkier. Dinosaurs were probably very fatty, especially large predators that can't rely on a constant influx of food, and in those groups that were not entirely warm blooded but using mixed methods to stay warm (as we see in salmon sharks, tuna, and leatherback sea turtles).

Over9K

Does this colour scheme remind you of anything?" - REBOR

Sony's GINO is the colorway... btw...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on August 29, 2021, 08:47:07 PM
Does this colour scheme remind you of anything?" - REBOR

Sony's GINO is the colorway... btw...

I didnt get that, looked like the Papo Allosaurus...

Shadowknight1

Ew.  I hope that's not the only color scheme they do.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on August 30, 2021, 04:37:00 AM

I doubt it, but it might be the first, which means we're in for a long wait if they release one at first...still waiting on other variants from other pieces..

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 30, 2021, 02:07:15 PM

I doubt it, but it might be the first, which means we're in for a long wait if they release one at first...still waiting on other variants from other pieces..

In recent memory, REBOR has actually released things in pairs, even when it might seem they didn't, at first glance.

Ok, the Carnotaurus and the Exkrinatosaurus doesn't SEEM like two of the same model, but they kind of are, sharing the same body, sharing the same size/configuration of box. Coming out with those two at the same time is basically coming out with just two colorways of the same thing.

Likewise the current Retrosaurus offerings, Californication/Mesozoic Rhapsody, which are two variations on the same basic body, same box configuration.

Releases like this, where the two models released are really just slight variations of each other, aren't much different and to the manufacturing side of things function pretty much the same as offering two colorways of a given model.

I'm willing to bet that when the Saurophaganax is released, there will be two colorways... and the other colorway might be this, called Jurassic Punk, an homage to Dinosaur Valley Girls.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on August 30, 2021, 07:38:22 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 30, 2021, 02:07:15 PM

In recent memory, REBOR has actually released things in pairs, even when it might seem they didn't, at first glance.

Ok, the Carnotaurus and the Exkrinatosaurus doesn't SEEM like two of the same model, but they kind of are, sharing the same body, sharing the same size/configuration of box. Coming out with those two at the same time is basically coming out with just two colorways of the same thing.

Likewise the current Retrosaurus offerings, Californication/Mesozoic Rhapsody, which are two variations on the same basic body, same box configuration.

Releases like this, where the two models released are really just slight variations of each other, aren't much different and to the manufacturing side of things function pretty much the same as offering two colorways of a given model.

I'm willing to bet that when the Saurophaganax is released, there will be two colorways... and the other colorway might be this, called Jurassic Punk, an homage to Dinosaur Valley Girls.

Well they have and they haven't. Still haven't seen one other of the Smilodon released yet. The Alien/dinosaur pieces, we received them quite a ways apart.

Jurassic Punk was the color scheme I suggested to them, I really hope they use it. Would be my preference.

Interestingly I haven't seen it mentioned just how many parts of the Retrosaurs are different.  Head and hands yes, but the feet as well. They only share the main body.

Faelrin

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon I really hope they go with that as an alternate coloration for the Saurophaganax. It's just so beautifully done. Would work so well on the sculpt too. Come to think of it, it kind of reminds me of the recent GR Toys Carcharodontosaurus honestly in how vivid it is.

avatar_Over9K @Over9K What is that (Sony's GINO)? I'm not familiar with that.

In regards to the coloration revealed for the Saurophaganax, it did remind me of the 90's "Godzilla" or Zilla, which I saw a lot of folks mention over on instagram as well.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Dinoxels

Quote from: Faelrin on August 31, 2021, 04:48:10 PM
avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon I really hope they go with that as an alternate coloration for the Saurophaganax. It's just so beautifully done. Would work so well on the sculpt too. Come to think of it, it kind of reminds me of the recent GR Toys Carcharodontosaurus honestly in how vivid it is.

avatar_Over9K @Over9K What is that (Sony's GINO)? I'm not familiar with that.

In regards to the coloration revealed for the Saurophaganax, it did remind me of the 90's "Godzilla" or Zilla, which I saw a lot of folks mention over on instagram as well.

Sony's GINO = 90's "Godzilla" or Zilla
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Faelrin

avatar_Dinoxels @Dinoxels Thanks. I've never seen that name used for it before. Well I guess that explains why it looked similar then. Not a bad choice at all though with the sculpt's detail, but I still hope for the other coloration based on that Allosaurus.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 31, 2021, 03:12:45 AMWell they have and they haven't. Still haven't seen one other of the Smilodon released yet. The Alien/dinosaur pieces, we received them quite a ways apart.

Jurassic Punk was the color scheme I suggested to them, I really hope they use it. Would be my preference.

Interestingly I haven't seen it mentioned just how many parts of the Retrosaurs are different.  Head and hands yes, but the feet as well. They only share the main body.

That's true on the Smilodon, with the BBTS exclusive coming first, and the Xenorex, which honestly I dislike so much I blocked it out of memory.

On the Retrosaurus, I *think* both figures use the same legs and feet, with the dew claws being different like the arms/head. Note the photos below show both sets of dew claws, and the first photo includes the skin tabs to cover whichever slot is not being used to hold those dew claws. The second photo shows the dew claws still as seperate pieces. Mind you this may have changed, as these photos are from pretty early in the development.

They could also have decided to just mold two different sets of lower legs and feet, with the dew claws molded in.

Quote from: Faelrin on August 31, 2021, 04:48:10 PMavatar_Over9K @Over9K What is that (Sony's GINO)? I'm not familiar with that.

As Dinoxels posted GINO is the '98 Godzilla/Zilla. GINO is an anagram, Godzilla In Name Only.

Lanthanotus

I grew up with a love for Masters of the Universe, the very definition of using same molds for various figures :D

Valley was ordered two weeks ago, can`t wait till it arrives....

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: