News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on December 14, 2021, 06:04:37 PM
Are the arms posable?  It looks like they are up in one photo and down in the other.  maybe it's just an optical illusion.
They are posable. Rebor add this to some of their therapod models.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Bread on December 14, 2021, 06:06:10 PM
Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on December 14, 2021, 06:04:37 PM
Are the arms posable?  It looks like they are up in one photo and down in the other.  maybe it's just an optical illusion.
They are posable. Rebor add this to some of their therapod models.

I had no idea rebor was doing that, I've only owned two of their T-rex figures from 3-4 years ago and I've since liquidated both but I am interested in buying the retro T-rex, that looks like a really fun piece :)

Sim

Quote from: Bread on December 14, 2021, 05:29:57 PM
I am curious to see this next to PNSO's Saurophaganax. Honestly it could be a pass since this genus is very debatable.

avatar_Bread @Bread, do you mean PNSO's mid-size Allosaurus?  PNSO hasn't released a Saurophaganax as far as I'm aware.

Over9K

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on December 14, 2021, 06:13:39 PMI had no idea rebor was doing that, I've only owned two of their T-rex figures from 3-4 years ago and I've since liquidated both but I am interested in buying the retro T-rex, that looks like a really fun piece :)

If you mean the Killer Queen, that had poseable arms as well...

Over9K

So.... are we getting the other two colorway at the same time?

suspsy

Rebor sure does love bestowing asinine nicknames on their products. I wonder if they just toss a bunch of names and phrases into a hat and then draw from it when they need to.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Lynx

I adore the sculpt but I'll have to see a review first. I am very concerned about stability, especially after what the last REBOR review had to say.
An oversized house cat.

Faelrin

I like this new coloration (or is this the existing one but revised? Seems to have more purple and orange on it). I really like the posable tail, and arms this one has too, in addition to the jaw. I'm really curious how this version will look next to their Ceratosaurus.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Over9K on December 14, 2021, 08:42:42 PM
So.... are we getting the other two colorway at the same time?

I like the barbeque special in the middle, looks tasty

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Over9K on December 14, 2021, 08:36:24 PM
Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on December 14, 2021, 06:13:39 PMI had no idea rebor was doing that, I've only owned two of their T-rex figures from 3-4 years ago and I've since liquidated both but I am interested in buying the retro T-rex, that looks like a really fun piece :)

I never got around to getting that one, please don't kill me for saying this but I'm way past burned out on JP based figures.  It was all a wanted at one point so I'm not judging anyone that still loves them.

Over9K

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on December 14, 2021, 11:11:30 PM

I never got around to getting that one, please don't kill me for saying this but I'm way past burned out on JP based figures.  It was all a wanted at one point so I'm not judging anyone that still loves them.

That's why I asked, Killer Queen is the one that came out 3 years ago...

Skorpio V.

If I'm getting this right; Safari has A. fragilis, Mesozoo has A. europaeus, CollectA and PNSO have A. jimmadseni, and now Rebor has Saurophaganax! Shame they're all likely not in-scale with each other.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Bread

Quote from: Sim on December 14, 2021, 07:41:05 PM
Quote from: Bread on December 14, 2021, 05:29:57 PM
I am curious to see this next to PNSO's Saurophaganax. Honestly it could be a pass since this genus is very debatable.

avatar_Bread @Bread, do you mean PNSO's mid-size Allosaurus?  PNSO hasn't released a Saurophaganax as far as I'm aware.
Oops, and yes I did mean Allosaurus. I just know Saurophaganax being a genus is up for debate and whether or not it is just another species of Allosaurus.

Quote from: Over9K on December 14, 2021, 11:18:34 PM
Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on December 14, 2021, 11:11:30 PM

That's why I asked, Killer Queen is the one that came out 3 years ago...
Pretty sure they were talking about the Rebor King Tyrannosaurus or GNG Tyrannosaurus.

Duck

Chunky clown feet :(
This thing looks way to much like a devilish iguana, no thanks.
Also "notorious big"?
He who dwells in pond

Over9K

Quote from: Bread on December 15, 2021, 12:14:05 AMPretty sure they were talking about the Rebor King Tyrannosaurus or GNG Tyrannosaurus.

Yes, that's understood now, but you have to admit "Rebor T.rex 3/4 years ago" best describes the Killer Queen, rather than King T.rex (8 or 9 years ago) or GNG  (a year ago), so you can understand the confusion...

Over9K

Quote from: Duck on December 15, 2021, 12:27:07 AM
Also "notorious big"?

REBOR is fond of giving music reference names... Stray Cat, King Crimson, Californication, Meta & Lica, Green Day & Oasis, Bites The Dust & Killer Queen, War Pig and Vanilla Ice...

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Over9K on December 15, 2021, 01:56:46 AM
Quote from: Bread on December 15, 2021, 12:14:05 AMPretty sure they were talking about the Rebor King Tyrannosaurus or GNG Tyrannosaurus.

Yes, that's understood now, but you have to admit "Rebor T.rex 3/4 years ago" best describes the Killer Queen, rather than King T.rex (8 or 9 years ago) or GNG  (a year ago), so you can understand the confusion...

That's exactly what I had!  BTW, I had no idea the king trex was 8-9 years old, I started buying dinosaurs again in (2016?) when I fell in love with the safari ltd Giga, the king t-rex I bought second hand and even though I loved the images once I had it I really just didn't like it in person.  I gave that one to my son.  The GNG I ordered earlier this year had a defect on it's neck, it was like a bubble in the mold, it looked like he had a gum drop size blister on the side of his neck.  He was also incredibly skinny, like someone put him on his side and ironed him, LOL.  He caught my 6 year old grand nephew's eye and I gave it to him.  It made him a lot more happy than it did me ;)

Abobo

Shonisaurus

It has a layer of colors that quite fantastic dinosaur is honestly an interesting figure to collect although I prefer its equal counterparts with more conservative colors. I am not a fan in this case of dinosaurs or prehistoric animals with such striking colors although they are still quite funny.

Duck

Quote from: Over9K on December 15, 2021, 02:01:06 AM
Quote from: Duck on December 15, 2021, 12:27:07 AM
Also "notorious big"?

REBOR is fond of giving music reference names... Stray Cat, King Crimson, Californication, Meta & Lica, Green Day & Oasis, Bites The Dust & Killer Queen, War Pig and Vanilla Ice...
Yeah but that name just sounds weird and doesn't fit the figure at all.
He who dwells in pond

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: