News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bruno

Shadowknight1

Next REBOR project.  Who's that dinosaur?!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

tyrantqueen

The heads look very JP esque. I'm guessing some kind of 'raptor.

DinoLord

Probably will end up looking like the Velociraptor hatchling from the first JP film.

Arul

I hope its a baby trex like they said before, "the prince" ? If i see from the head its not look like any raptor plus rebor said they are not influenced by JP at all because of the license is too expensive. But i dont know, i hope its a baby trex

tyrantqueen

Quote from: ARUL on April 25, 2015, 05:34:28 PM
I hope its a baby trex like they said before, "the prince" ? If i see from the head its not look like any raptor plus rebor said they are not influenced by JP at all because of the license is too expensive. But i dont know, i hope its a baby trex
They don't need a license to have a JP influence in their designs. As long as they are not using the JP logo or claiming that their dinosaurs are official JP work, they can technically get away with it. Same with Papo and every other company that uses JP styled dinos.

Also, the head very much resembles a baby JP velociraptor:

It will be interesting to see where they go with this.

stargatedalek

Am the only one seeing anurognathids? ;)

Nah, you guys are probably right :P

Arul

Ohh okay trex or vraptor i can handle that, if this gonna be another baby edition i hope they have another figure that they will announce after reveal the acro color

Shadowknight1

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 25, 2015, 05:39:57 PM
Quote from: ARUL on April 25, 2015, 05:34:28 PM
They don't need a license to have a JP influence in their designs. As long as they are not using the JP logo or claiming that their dinosaurs are official JP work, they can technically get away with it. Same with Papo and every other company that uses JP styled dinos.

Also, the head very much resembles a baby JP velociraptor:

It will be interesting to see where they go with this.
I had one of those toys...I hope that this figurine will look anywhere near as cute.

Yes, I called something that could kill me at 8 months old(according to Muldoon anyways) cute.

Blade-of-the-Moon

If it's a JP Raptor design straight up, ( which is what it looks like) that would actually sell and be a good idea.  I can see a lot of JP fans going for it. Especially with the movie coming out.

Shadowknight1

And two hatchlings for the price of one!  Ya can't beat that! lol

JohannesB

Did Tyrannosaurus or any 'raptor babies heads really look like that, or much more slender? Anyway, I don't know what the species is. But if it really is supposed to be 'raptors, and if it does look like JP 'raptors, I am not interested. (Strange maybe, considering I do like their JP inspired Tyrannosaurus) I am thinking about buying the Acrocanthosaurus, but I'll decide after I've seen the base and the color pictures.

tanystropheus

Quote from: stargatedalek on April 25, 2015, 05:46:20 PM
Am the only one seeing anurognathids? ;)

Nah, you guys are probably right :P

:)) Okay, it took me a while, but now I see it  :)

tanystropheus

Quote from: Johannes on April 25, 2015, 09:04:40 PM
Did Tyrannosaurus or any 'raptor babies heads really look like that, or much more slender? Anyway, I don't know what the species is. But if it really is supposed to be 'raptors, and if it does look like JP 'raptors, I am not interested. (Strange maybe, considering I do like their JP inspired Tyrannosaurus) I am thinking about buying the Acrocanthosaurus, but I'll decide after I've seen the base and the color pictures.

I think REBOR might be doing things similar to Papo by catering to the (a) JP fans and (b) non-JP fans. From a financial perspective, it is a win-win situation. REBOR did mention a "Prince" to correspond with the JP-inspired King T-rex. It is unclear whether REBOR was referring to a hatchling or a base with an (embedded?) jr T-rex.

Shadowknight1

I can't really say since I don't know if any baby skeletons of dromaeosaurs have been recovered, but I doubt that these could be actual Velociraptors no matter what REBOR names them.  The skull shape corresponds more to Deinonychus or Utahraptor than Velociraptor.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on April 25, 2015, 10:02:45 PM
I can't really say since I don't know if any baby skeletons of dromaeosaurs have been recovered, but I doubt that these could be actual Velociraptors no matter what REBOR names them.  The skull shape corresponds more to Deinonychus or Utahraptor than Velociraptor.

Based on the few examples we have of baby coelurosaurs, they all have pretty similar looking heads, which are basically triangular with pointy little snouts and huge eyes. See Scipyonyx and Byronosaurus, which look basically the same skull wise despite being distant relatives (compsognathid vs. troodontid). Juvenile Archaeopteryx and enentiornithines and Sciurumimus  also have the same head shape, so it's a good bet dromaeosaurids and tyrannosauroid hatchlings did too. They probably would not look like rounded mini allosaur heads as the JP/Rebor ones do.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

John

Quote from: Doug Watson on April 02, 2015, 01:46:58 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on April 02, 2015, 08:15:18 AM
No dog in the race.....however....The representative chose to insult someone I call a friend, Doug Watson.

Thank you Amargasaurus the feeling is definitely mutual! I count myself lucky to have found this forum and as a result made friends around the world that would never have known otherwise. I only became aware of what was being said about me here yesterday totally by chance because I don't follow any of of this company's threads. I read MechaKnifehead's intro to the forum and that drew me here and I started seeing references to me being insulted. Took awhile to find it but it seems I drew the ire of an anonymous rep for said company. He or she says they don't know me well back at you in fact we don't even know who YOU are. To all those who took offence I appreciate you coming to my defence but those comments didn't hurt me because I do not respect the author. I heard better insults in grade 1. It would have meant more to me if those comments had come from one of the REAL Forum members because even though I may not agree with all of you I do respect all of you even the ones who have said you hated my pieces because I have been reading your comments for years and I know you are passionate about the hobby and you are knowledgable as well. For that reason and also because I have more class I have never come on here throwing insults at any of you for comments made about any of my pieces. I have had disagreements but we have all kept them civil. Amargasaurus don't wait for an apology on my behalf it wouldn't mean anything to me if he or she did offer one.
The person I really feel bad for is John, I know he broke the rules which call for an immediate ban but he is a VALUED member of this forum and I hope he returns after the 30 days because HIS opinions will be missed.
As an aside I just refreshed my list of pieces I have sculpted for Safari Ltd and counting extant and extinct species I am now up to 193 so I will be hitting (and passing) the 200 mark this year.  At the minimum run of 5,000 copies per piece that means there are already at least 965,000 of my toys potentially in the hands of kids and collectors like you and that gives me the best feeling I could ask for, in fact it kind of blows my mind! At this point I had a rather colourful remark in mind for that other company but I'll leave that to your imagination. Now back to the more interesting threads.
I thank you and suspy for the kind words! ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Arul

Yesss rebor acro color is about to reveal soon :D

Shadowknight1

Quote from: ARUL on April 30, 2015, 12:35:49 AM
Yesss rebor acro color is about to reveal soon :D
Is that a guess or has REBOR actually said when the color reveal is coming?

Arul

Hehehe a guess, rebor usually reveal the coloration of the figure about a month after reveal the black and white version.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: