News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

Quote from: John on April 29, 2015, 05:57:46 PM
Quote from: Doug Watson on April 02, 2015, 01:46:58 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on April 02, 2015, 08:15:18 AM
No dog in the race.....however....The representative chose to insult someone I call a friend, Doug Watson.

Thank you Amargasaurus the feeling is definitely mutual! I count myself lucky to have found this forum and as a result made friends around the world that would never have known otherwise. I only became aware of what was being said about me here yesterday totally by chance because I don't follow any of of this company's threads. I read MechaKnifehead's intro to the forum and that drew me here and I started seeing references to me being insulted. Took awhile to find it but it seems I drew the ire of an anonymous rep for said company. He or she says they don't know me well back at you in fact we don't even know who YOU are. To all those who took offence I appreciate you coming to my defence but those comments didn't hurt me because I do not respect the author. I heard better insults in grade 1. It would have meant more to me if those comments had come from one of the REAL Forum members because even though I may not agree with all of you I do respect all of you even the ones who have said you hated my pieces because I have been reading your comments for years and I know you are passionate about the hobby and you are knowledgable as well. For that reason and also because I have more class I have never come on here throwing insults at any of you for comments made about any of my pieces. I have had disagreements but we have all kept them civil. Amargasaurus don't wait for an apology on my behalf it wouldn't mean anything to me if he or she did offer one.
The person I really feel bad for is John, I know he broke the rules which call for an immediate ban but he is a VALUED member of this forum and I hope he returns after the 30 days because HIS opinions will be missed.
As an aside I just refreshed my list of pieces I have sculpted for Safari Ltd and counting extant and extinct species I am now up to 193 so I will be hitting (and passing) the 200 mark this year.  At the minimum run of 5,000 copies per piece that means there are already at least 965,000 of my toys potentially in the hands of kids and collectors like you and that gives me the best feeling I could ask for, in fact it kind of blows my mind! At this point I had a rather colourful remark in mind for that other company but I'll leave that to your imagination. Now back to the more interesting threads.
I thank you and suspy for the kind words! ;D

Welcome back!  :)

Shadowknight1

Quote from: ARUL on April 30, 2015, 02:49:40 AM
Hehehe a guess, rebor usually reveal the coloration of the figure about a month after reveal the black and white version.
I hope so.  I need to see those colors and that base!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

John

Thanks,tanystropheus! It's good to be back! I'm harder to get rid of than that! ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Sim

It's good to have you back John!  Just in case you didn't see this (it was in a very big post)...
Quote from: Sim on April 01, 2015, 02:12:58 AM
John was frank in what he said to Rebor, I appreciate him highlighting the faults in what Rebor did.  I'm sad he was banned as he brought knowledge, friendliness and fun to this forum.  I look forward to seeing him back on here after his ban is lifted.

Excess quotes removed for brevity - admin

Dobber

So has anyone received a "fixed" Utahraptor? Rebor went silent on their facebook page every time it was asked if the U.S. Shipment had the leaning problem fixed.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

John

Quote from: Sim on April 30, 2015, 03:44:38 PM

It's good to have you back John!  Just in case you didn't see this (it was in a very big post)...
Quote from: Sim on April 01, 2015, 02:12:58 AM
John was frank in what he said to Rebor, I appreciate him highlighting the faults in what Rebor did.  I'm sad he was banned as he brought knowledge, friendliness and fun to this forum.  I look forward to seeing him back on here after his ban is lifted.

Excess quotes removed for brevity - admin
Thanks,Sim! ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Dobber on April 30, 2015, 04:16:53 PM
So has anyone received a "fixed" Utahraptor? Rebor went silent on their facebook page every time it was asked if the U.S. Shipment had the leaning problem fixed.

Chris
My Utahraptor is on the way, but I am doubting that they are fixed.  In all probability, we'll have to just deal with it.  The Utahraptor problems are the reason I'm glad Acrocanthosaurus is in a planted, standing position.

utd7

When are REBOR going to show us the Acrocanthosaurus in all it's glorious colours and the apparently gory base? The wait is agonising..
We live in a Jurassic World

Arul

Quote from: utd7 on May 01, 2015, 04:22:26 PM
When are REBOR going to show us the Acrocanthosaurus in all it's glorious colours and the apparently gory base? The wait is agonising..

This month maybe :P

TJ_Terrorsaur

Patience my friends, Rebor shall show us soon and it will be totally worth it.  ;)

Got my two Rebors Friday around 4ish from Dan's Dinosaurs. :)

postsaurischian

Quote from: TJ_Terrorsaur on May 02, 2015, 08:54:55 AM
Patience my friends, Rebor shall show us soon and it will be totally worth it.  ;)

How do you know?
I'm worried about which manufacturing mistake they will do next.

I'd prefer to wait even longer for a figure's release, after they've checked the quality!!!!
So please REBOR, take your time! Stop releasing the models monthly, producing one mistake after the other!

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 02, 2015, 09:26:52 AM
How do you know?
I'm worried about which manufacturing mistake they will do next.

I'd prefer to wait even longer for a figure's release, after they've checked the quality!!!!
So please REBOR, take your time! Stop releasing the models monthly, producing one mistake after the other!

I don't, but it's nice to look on the bright side of things...at least I try to.
Like the leaning thing, or that some don't stand with out a base? Otherwise I'm not following, sorry.  ???

Well sure I wouldn't mind either, it would give me time to save up for more Rebor, but think about how many people wouldn't want to wait, who don't have (or don't want to have) the patience. I've seen it with every company and or seller. I've been on eBay and sold things, using as fast of shipping I could use and still got griped at for not 'sending it fast enough." But yeah I agree I could wait longer just to make sure all the kinks are out and to save up more money. (LOL)

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on May 02, 2015, 11:27:06 AM
Quote from: postsaurischian on May 02, 2015, 09:18:24 AM
::) :( Oh no, not another one!
Now I'm waiting for mine with mixed feelings.
Why do all these "great" video reviews never see any flaws with these figures?

I will definitely send mine back if it has these problems - it might be the only way to draw REBOR's attention to it.
They seem to take no notice of the criticism as long as people buy their products.

Plastic deformations happen to all PVC models and figures, Marvel legend, NECA, Mcfarlane, Marvel select, Hasbro, Mezco, Playart Kai, Tomy Direct, even Hottoys, among thousands of figures and models in the market, price range from 9.99 Pounds to 299.99 Pounds, 70% of them have the flaws, that's why hot water/hair dryer trick is so popular among collectors, if this is something new to you, please check the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfUUEax7EY4

By using this trick the standing problem of Ceratosaurus can be fixed in 30 seconds. The cause of the problem is the pressing force of foam, since the bases are made of Polystone, which is a very brittle material, we have to use foam to protect them; it also prevents collisions between models during the transportation, which lead to paint damages that can be commonly found in other models.

Cetaosaurus Savage is a GK level model, it took us tons of efforts to make the mass production even become possible, and please consider it is a non-profit product, if you have to know, the production cost of the polystone base is more expensive than the production cost of Papo T-rex, we are simply spending our own money to make these models to share with other dinosaur enthusiasts,  but no matter how hard we try, we still can't change laws of Physics and material properties, therefore we would like to ask for your forgiveness. :)

Welcome back REBOR!  :) Happy to see you're back and posting.

Anyhow thanks for the tip! I had to use it on my King T-Rex who's ankle was just slightly warped, but after soaking his foot in some steaming water and using a dish towel to grip his foot, I fixed it and he cold stand without any problems. :)
I've also done this for plenty of my other dinosaurs to get rid of the stickiness or to fix warped parts, though it doesn't seem to work very well on some of my older Neca Predator figures.

Dinomike

I agree on what Rebor said about even pricier models having issues. I own a Hot Toys Superman and he has some issues with his joints being rather loose. A small thing really but still. I really like the Ceratosaurus and am considering getting one one day.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Dinomike on May 02, 2015, 04:00:05 PM
I agree on what Rebor said about even pricier models having issues. I own a Hot Toys Superman and he has some issues with his joints being rather loose. A small thing really but still. I really like the Ceratosaurus and am considering getting one one day.
Honestly, that would tick me off more than anything to do with balancing issues with 30-something dollar dinosaurs.  Hot Toys figures are extravagantly expensive(prohibitively so for me), so I would be beyond furious if I bought one and it wasn't up to par.

ItsTwentyBelow

Well, glad that I didn't rush to buy one. It's pretty clear that nearly all of them will likely have some leg-warping.

Also glad to see Rebor's post to address this, though. It is just realistic to expect this kind of thing to happen due to the nature of the plastic material and the packing.

The figure otherwise looks amazing, but the jury is still out on this one for me.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on May 02, 2015, 05:10:22 PM
Well, glad that I didn't rush to buy one. It's pretty clear that nearly all of them will likely have some leg-warping.

Also glad to see Rebor's post to address this, though. It is just realistic to expect this kind of thing to happen due to the nature of the plastic material and the packing.

The figure otherwise looks amazing, but the jury is still out on this one for me.

If you got one in hand you won't regret anything about it, it's a Sideshow quality model for just 1/10 of Sideshow's prices, plus warped legs can be fixed permanently within 30 seconds by using this simple method. :)

Takama

Here is a suggestion for future projects rebor.    Make pins for all of your models that could be inserted into little holes on the feet like your Utahraptor. only instead of one leg, you do it for both legs if necessary. If kids want to play with it, they can remove the pins.

tyrantqueen

I have used a hairdryer and hot water in the past, neither of which were successful. Both reverted back to their old positions relatively quickly. Next time I get a warped figure I would consider trying boiling water and then putting it in the freezer.

These days, if I receive a figure that is so badly warped that it can't stand by itself, then I would want a refund or replacement. It is advertised as being able to stand in the stock photos, so mine should be able to stand. Otherwise it is false advertisement. Little things like slightly warped arms or legs are okay, but figures that cannot stand are a no for me.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 02, 2015, 06:22:30 PM
I have used a hairdryer and hot water in the past, neither of which were successful. Both reverted back to their old positions relatively quickly. Next time I get a warped figure I would consider trying boiling water and then putting it in the freezer.

These days, if I receive a figure that is so badly warped that it can't stand by itself, then I would want a refund or replacement. It is advertised as being able to stand in the stock photos, so mine should be able to stand. Otherwise it is false advertisement. Little things like slightly warped arms or legs are okay, but figures that cannot stand are a no for me.

Here is a message to one of our fans, and we would like to share it with all collectors:

"There is nothing to do with quality control, we have very strict colouration quality controls to ensure each one looks as good as official photos. To be honest we just don't know how to deal with this problem, please don't forget we've just entered the field for less than a year, we admit that we are inexperienced in many things, however we do love this job and we are not making any profit from the Ceratosaurus project, the cost of that base equals to the manufacturing cost of Papo T-rex, plus most collectors use this trick to solve plastic deformations for around 70% of models and figures in the market, price range from 9.99 Pounds to 299.99 Pounds.

We are really sorry that you feel disappointed and we would like to ask for your forgiveness on our knees, at this stage we are really considering if REBOR should keep going on or simply quit from the field, we are really spending our own money to make these models become possible at this price, and we would like to beg you to give us a reason not to shut down REBOR."

We are not professional manufactures like Papo or Sideshow, we are just a group of dinosaur enthusiasts who want to share our works with the world, like John Hammond said, we spared no expense to make these models become possible, that means we are spending our own money to make gifts for you, you should be able to understand the cost after we explained the whole manufacturing process in detail. Please stop comparing us with Papo, one piece injection molding is insanely expensive, and we don't even want to talk about cost of mold itself, not to mention all the polystone bases, true, polystone isn't gold, but isn't cheap either, so if you are imagining us sitting behind the desk and counting money, wrong and wrong, in fact 2 REBOR members have quit from the team, since they believed they were doing the right thing but all they have felt is disappointment, they don't want to spend their own money just to get blamed anymore, and to be honest this thought is now with all other memebers, after all we have no obligation to continue the brand, and we could shut down REBOR permanently at any time, all molds and existing products will be recalled and destroyed, all future projects including Acrocanthosaurus will be cancelled, existing prototype sculptures such as Allosaurus,Carnotaurus,Triceratops, Mosasaurus, Brachiosaurus,Protoceratops VS Velociraptors will all be destroyed. We love what we do but now we just don't want to do it anymore.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: