News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arul

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 04, 2015, 04:13:28 AM
Quote from: ARUL on May 04, 2015, 01:02:22 AM
Well the good news is rebor is back, welcome back rebor :D
I hope they stay.  I'm a little worried considering some of their comments.  Hopefully they see they have plenty of fans who want their products.
Me and thousands of dinosaur/action figure lover want rebor model :D

bruno

I had a message from them today "We have some new products in July and we will see how that goes "
I think they could do with a little support, and now we know they're not even making anything it makes what they've done even more excellent and would be a tradegy  ::)to lose them

bruno

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 03, 2015, 08:29:17 AM
No joosa, products shouldn't come with defects, but the plain simple fact is that they do.  My Papo running rex can't stand on his own anymore.  My first Allosaurus would fall over if you looked at him funny.  And then bought two, TWO!!! Favorite Spinosaurs and BOTH of them couldn't stand on either their own feet or their bases.  Was I upset?  Yes, but not for long.  There's nothing I could do about it.  The Papo figures are a product of both shipping and design, especially in running rex's case.  The Spinos are just poorly designed and manufactured and I can't help but laugh any time I see one of their products touted among the best.
Agree they shouldn't have defects but..... my ceratosaurus legs were warped but I found this problem was very easily rectified in a matter of seconds so I see little point in making a big issue of it, though I do understand the frustration which I had when I first saw it >:( I'd rather put up with small defects that are easily repaired than losing Rebor all together.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: bruno on May 04, 2015, 05:37:45 PM
I had a message from them today "We have some new products in July and we will see how that goes "
I think they could do with a little support, and now we know they're not even making anything it makes what they've done even more excellent and would be a travesty to lose them
You mean a tragedy. Referring to it as "travesty" doesn't make sense.

bruno

Shadowknight1

Quote from: bruno on May 04, 2015, 05:37:45 PM
I think they could do with a little support, and now we know they're not even making anything it makes what they've done even more excellent and would be a tradegy  ::)to lose them

As long as we still get that Acrocanthosaurus, I will be less crushed if they decide to close down.  But still crushed.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

tanystropheus

Papo was my favorite dinosaur company (Wild Safari is my second favorite). However, within the course of a few months, REBOR performed a miracle.  The company has effectively dethroned Papo in my book. As of now, I plan to purchase all of REBOR's products. The craftsmanship is impeccable, and any collector that holds the REBOR models in person will notice that the quality is roughly quadruple that of Papo. The price range is unbeatable. If REBOR can produce such high quality first generation models, I can not even begin to imagine what they have in store for 2015 and 2016. Every revolutionary product and/or technology has had its fair share of criticism.  The bigger and grander the product, the greater the potential for attracting criticism. It simply means that REBOR is doing something right. Don't give up. Realize your vision. The name 'REBOR' was selected to evoke the essence of the word, "Reborn". It is a dinosaur line that is meant to beget (again) the love of dinosaurs, reimagine dinosaurs for a new era of collectors and to instill an unfettered sense of wonderment. With over 20,000 FB fans in less than a year, REBOR 's supporters have amassed 7x interest than that of similar products and groups.

Paleogene Pals

It would be interesting to see REBOR get into a larger scale such as 1:20. And, maybe do some models or statues in that scale. It would be more expensive, but I have gotten used to most everything I collect being expensive. Just some musings.

Paleogene Pals

At any rate, these are just setbacks, and REBOR should be optimistic. Look at how many times Edison had to work on the light bulb before there was success! Think of these as your Edison moments, temporary setbacks before greatness and success.

sauroid

REBOR is truly paving the way of making dino/prehistoric "toy" lines look more like resin statues than the usual cartoony/brightly colored/shiny figures (Papo sort of started it but now they are regressing) we have gotten used to. all the negativity thrown at them during the past months would be renderred null and void and REBOR will have the last laugh. just saying. the new age of dino figures is upon us.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Tbolt

I love what I have seen thus far, I sought out this forum because I was so excited at what I was seeing from Rebor. Would be a shame if the only other option for quality dino's was the wallet busting Sideshow stuff (I love Sideshow, just a little too high end for me for dino's). Really appreciate how Rebor is bridging that gap between toy/larger scale statues, and love the polystone bases. Honestly, there is plenty of room for Rebor to go bigger/better here, and they can count me in the fan camp!

Megalosaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 05, 2015, 01:11:07 AM
Papo was my favorite dinosaur company (Wild Safari is my second favorite). However, within the course of a few months, REBOR performed a miracle.  The company has effectively dethroned Papo in my book. As of now, I plan to purchase all of REBOR's products. The craftsmanship is impeccable, and any collector that holds the REBOR models in person will notice that the quality is roughly quadruple that of Papo. The price range is unbeatable. If REBOR can produce such high quality first generation models, I can not even begin to imagine what they have in store for 2015 and 2016. Every revolutionary product and/or technology has had its fair share of criticism.  The bigger and grander the product, the greater the potential for attracting criticism. It simply means that REBOR is doing something right. Don't give up. Realize your vision. The name 'REBOR' was selected to evoke the essence of the word, "Reborn". It is a dinosaur line that is meant to beget (again) the love of dinosaurs, reimagine dinosaurs for a new era of collectors and to instill an unfettered sense of wonderment. With over 20,000 FB fans in less than a year, REBOR 's supporters have amassed 7x interest than that of similar products and groups.

I agree with most of your comments.

To be honest in my list REBOR beats Safari (wild and Carnegie), Battat, CollectA, Bullyland, etc.
In detail of the sculpture is in pair with Papo or even higher. Love that REBOR has removable bases (and they are getting better over time).
One thing I think REBOR needs is to start producing non-theropods.

The only figure I haven't bought from REBOR is the Wind Hunter. And it is a great figure, but you know, in this style of sculpting I prefer a bald (or scaly) one.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Sim

Quote from: Megalosaurus on May 05, 2015, 04:07:11 PM
The only figure I haven't bought from REBOR is the Wind Hunter. And it is a great figure, but you know, I'm not in the feather wagon, I prefer a bald one.
I don't think Utahraptor was large enough to no longer benefit from the thermoregulation allowed by feathers.  Even if it was, dromaeosaurids are known to have arm/wing feathers and tail feathers that wouldn't interfere with thermoregulation.  These feathers could be used for communication, brooding, and helping to keep the dromaeosaurid balanced on its prey while gripping it with its feet such as by flapping.  So, there's no reason to think Utahraptor was featherless.  Why would it evolve to lose all these benefits given by feathers?

It's fine to like/prefer featherless, retro Utahraptor reconstructions.  To refer to people who like/prefer more accurate and realistic reconstructions as being "in the feather wagon" feels offensive to me.  Please do tell me if I misunderstood what you meant.

Arul

Rebor figure  sculp and paint is very amazing, if you buy it trust me its very worth  :D

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Sim on May 05, 2015, 09:54:40 PM
[...]
It's fine to like/prefer featherless, retro Utahraptor reconstructions.  To refer to people who like/prefer more accurate and realistic reconstructions as being "in the feather wagon" feels offensive to me.  Please do tell me if I misunderstood what you meant.
I'm sorry. The "feather wagon" is an expression I readed on the web, and because english is not my native languaje I didn't knew it will offend anyone. I'll quit using that expression, and will edit my post accordingly. Thank you.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Federreptil

I have just lost some days reading and have now seen some interesting posts by REBOR and reactions in the forum.
To read, that REBOR stops this great fantastic announcements of never seen accuracy in museum quality seamless for high sophisticated collectors and so on and speak instead about an own vision and interpretation of enthusiasts. This is a real benefit. This attitude deserves every respect because we all handle here at the end only with interpretations of our beloved species. In this view Rebor can do a feathered T-Rex or even not, can do dramatic beasts or untroubled animals. And we as dinosaur fans can decide to like this interpretation or not. For myself I lost a little bit my attention to the newest issues. But I read how so many forum members become very excited about the last theropods. If REBOR has always talked this way in this forum, it would have been a more friendly and less fevered welcome.
I'm wonder not about the challenges and troubles of REBOR to build-up a new company in this high standard in such a short time. And keep this in mind, I think every REBOR model is far away from expensive and is always worth its price – despite some minor problems in production and transport.

Arul

Quote from: Federreptil on May 08, 2015, 10:32:00 PM
I have just lost some days reading and have now seen some interesting posts by REBOR and reactions in the forum.
To read, that REBOR stops this great fantastic announcements of never seen accuracy in museum quality seamless for high sophisticated collectors and so on and speak instead about an own vision and interpretation of enthusiasts. This is a real benefit. This attitude deserves every respect because we all handle here at the end only with interpretations of our beloved species. In this view Rebor can do a feathered T-Rex or even not, can do dramatic beasts or untroubled animals. And we as dinosaur fans can decide to like this interpretation or not. For myself I lost a little bit my attention to the newest issues. But I read how so many forum members become very excited about the last theropods. If REBOR has always talked this way in this forum, it would have been a more friendly and less fevered welcome.
I'm wonder not about the challenges and troubles of REBOR to build-up a new company in this high standard in such a short time. And keep this in mind, I think every REBOR model is far away from expensive and is always worth its price – despite some minor problems in production and transport.

Agreed with Federreptil, if the price is high and the figure quality is standard/low thats called expensive. But even the price is high but the model is high quality, thats called worth. Low price with low quality its called cheap

Shadowknight1

I personally can't wait to see the Acrocanthosaurus in color, which will hopefully be soon!  Not to mention what other new items they have cooking up.  They've already teased us with potential dromaeosaur hatchlings.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Sim

Quote from: Megalosaurus on May 06, 2015, 06:12:50 PM
Quote from: Sim on May 05, 2015, 09:54:40 PM
[...]
I'm sorry. The "feather wagon" is an expression I readed on the web, and because english is not my native languaje I didn't knew it will offend anyone. I'll quit using that expression, and will edit my post accordingly. Thank you.
Thanks, I appreciate that, Megalosaurus.

TJ_Terrorsaur

Has anyone heard from Rebor recently? I both very eager to see that Acro and worried on how Rebor is doing.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: