News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowknight1

Nothing new since the baby raptor tease.  Other than that and some fan pictures, anyways.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Arul

Yeah its middle of the month now no sign of rebor models, its just me or im really become addicted to rebor lol

TJ_Terrorsaur

I hope they're doing alright.  :-\

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks like they are doing fine , posting pics and such : https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio

MechaKnifehead

Wooooooow that Ceratosaurus is a stunner!  Cannot wait for mine to arrive.  Too bad I have pile o' loot option at BBTS.

Arul

Well maybe next month for the acro...

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: ARUL on May 21, 2015, 12:46:25 AM

Yeah, maybe.  :-\ I was hoping I'd see him around my B-day (17th of May) but alas that was not so. But May has like a few days left so maybe Rebor is just waiting until the end of the month?

Shadowknight1

I've got a feeling that it'll either be very late this month or sometime next month.  After all, the picture of the prototype was an EARLY look as they were originally waiting until this month.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 22, 2015, 01:34:38 AM
I've got a feeling that it'll either be very late this month or sometime next month.  After all, the picture of the prototype was an EARLY look as they were originally waiting until this month.

True very true. :) Well I guess I can try to be patient for another month. lol

tanystropheus

Glad to report that REBOR Facebook is now active.
New picture of JP-style 'awesomebro' Velociraptor triplet maquette has been revealed. It seems like it will be a great prop for JP enthusiasts.
Acrocanthosaurus will be released in late summer. According to REBOR, it will be more impressive in quality than the recently released Ceratosaurus.

Arul

I hope rebor didnt stop to update their product info here in this forum...well this is it, i thought its 2 figure if i see from the previous pict of this model. What a surprise ! Great job rebor this is so lovely. The coloration is still coming soon. Wanna get this figure. They said probably we can see the hercules in august

Halichoeres

Quote from: TJ_Terrorsaur on May 21, 2015, 06:21:13 PM

Yeah, maybe.  :-\ I was hoping I'd see him around my B-day (17th of May) but alas that was not so. But May has like a few days left so maybe Rebor is just waiting until the end of the month?

We have the same birthday!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Megalosaurus

I'm pretty fine with the lack of feathers, but I always dislike the shrink wrapped skulls in ANY company pieces.
Anyway I'll buy this one too.

I think we have to quit using the "awesomebro" adjetive. I has been used quite agressively by some forum members, and its not enough descriptive of REBOR pieces.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 22, 2015, 04:49:03 PM
Quote from: TJ_Terrorsaur on May 21, 2015, 06:21:13 PM

We have the same birthday!

W00t high five for the birthday bros! :D

Also that raptor statue looks so awesome!

tanystropheus

Quote from: Megalosaurus on May 22, 2015, 04:52:58 PM

I think we have to quit using the "awesomebro" adjetive. I has been used quite agressively by some forum members, and its not enough descriptive of REBOR pieces.

Actually, REBOR used the 'awesomebro' adjective to describe their Velociraptor hatchlings/triplet maquette in their FB page!

According to REBOR:

New babies in the house! REBOR Velociraptor Triplets Statue, two boys and one girl, awesomebro style, haters gonna hate wink emoticon Got to love the marble effect (we have to try this, remember that statue in the actors credits of Avengers Age of Ultron? Oh yeah) , but stay tuned because colour images will be revealed next week!
By the way Hercules said hi! Right now he is kinda busy with the 12 labours, but hopefully he will meet you guys in August when he finally becomes a true hero smile emoticon You thought Savage is excellent? Well Hercules tops him in SO many levels! And after that, we might start to expand our territory to the skies!

The product description seems to suggest that the Quetzalcoatlus (diorama?) will be next after the Acro.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 22, 2015, 06:22:39 PM
Quote from: Megalosaurus on May 22, 2015, 04:52:58 PM

Actually, REBOR used the 'awesomebro' adjective to describe their Velociraptor hatchlings/triplet maquette in their FB page!
According to REBOR:

[...]awesomebro style, haters gonna hate wink emoticon [...]

A clear reference to their experiences in this forum.   :o

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 22, 2015, 06:22:39 PM
The product description seems to suggest that the Quetzalcoatlus (diorama?) will be next after the Acro.

That will be exciting. Their 2nd non-theropod.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Shonisaurus

Certainly the diorama of the velociraptor will be resin or hard rubber as the rest of the Rebor dinosaurs?

Moreover anyone know if quetzalcoatlus diorama will be hard rubber?

Although the Acrocanthosaurus excites me, not for a retro velociraptor dinosaurs without feathers. I'm not convinced.

Arul

Its still baby, and it just hacth. The feather will grow in more couples days just like modern bird. Btw quetzalcoatlus that will be a great diorama, i mean a pair of quetz  :D  :P

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 22, 2015, 11:08:35 PM
Certainly the diorama of the velociraptor will be resin or hard rubber as the rest of the Rebor dinosaurs?

Moreover anyone know if quetzalcoatlus diorama will be hard rubber?

Although the Acrocanthosaurus excites me, not for a retro velociraptor dinosaurs without feathers. I'm not convinced.

If I remember correctly, "Jolly" is made of polystone material, while the rest of REBOR's dinosaur line is made of PVC.

I don't think there is any convincing involved regarding the Velociraptors; REBOR intended that particular product for a separate audience.

tanystropheus

Quote from: ARUL on May 22, 2015, 11:57:59 PM
Its still baby, and it just hacth. The feather will grow in more couples days just like modern bird.

Interesting :) Is that how it works?! ;) I really really hope the Quetz has some pycnofibers, at least so REBOR could bypass the criticisms.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: