News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on June 13, 2015, 07:27:17 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on June 13, 2015, 06:59:34 PM
Illustration of Acrocanthosaurus and Tenontosaurus prey

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acrocanthosaurus#/media/File:Acrocanthosaurus_atokensis_by_durbed.jpg

comment: We've never seen this illustration before until now (swear), and the prototype of Hercules the Acrocanthosaurus and Tenontosaurus prey was finished back in February 2015, therefore it got to be pure coincidence: the Acrocanthosaurus look quite different from ours, but we cannot help thinking if 2/3 of Prey's body in the picture was removed leaving only the upper torso and the left front limb, and that's our Tenontosaurus! Of course there some differences, ours month was shut, limb looks stronger and, body size is larger and colour scheme is different, but if you want to know what Hercules' prey looks like and how it's carried, you are looking right at it :)

I've just noticed that picture today. I've been to the wikipedia page before, but I don't remember that image being there previously.
I hope the Acrocanthosaurus has articulated jaw with removable  prey  :)

REBOR_STUDIO

[/quote]

You will be happy :)

Shonisaurus

Seeing what Rebor says I'm already looking forward to my online shop the day they receive the Acrocanthosaurus even if it costs more than ten normal dinosaurs worth.

My greatest desire to be the best Rebor factory dinosaur figures. Honestly I prefer a luxury car (Rebor) to a mere vulgar utilitarian.

My best wishes to the company Rebor. I'm waiting for the day to buy that piece .. and come.

tanystropheus

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on June 13, 2015, 09:45:56 PM

You will be happy :)
[/quote]

Awesome! Great news.

Nebuloid

ZaZZU2

Nebuloid

Quote from: ZaZZU2 on June 15, 2015, 03:30:59 PM
Dimorphodon?

Looks like it ! And they mention plans for a Mosasaur in the comments under this facebook post.

CityRaptor

I wonder if this will be a large scale Dimorphodon. One in scale with the others would be tiny.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Nebuloid

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 15, 2015, 04:19:50 PM
I wonder if this will be a large scale Dimorphodon. One in scale with the others would be tiny.

Rebor says it's in 1:6 scale, so about 19/20cm long I guess.

tanystropheus

1:6 scale...I hope it is comparable to the Sideshow Tupuxuara maquette but w/ pycnofibers...

Dimorphodon is definitely a favorite of mine  ;D

Shonisaurus

Dimorphodon with open jaw. That is a luxury. It will make a good match with the guidraco of Collecta.

deanm

Dimorphodon. Looks like there is one in my future....   :)

Arul

Dimorphodon well my guess is wrong its not quetzalcoatlus :D still a great planning !! Very good rebor

tanystropheus

Quote from: Nebuloid on June 15, 2015, 03:38:22 PM
Quote from: ZaZZU2 on June 15, 2015, 03:30:59 PM
Dimorphodon?

Looks like it ! And they mention plans for a Mosasaur in the comments under this facebook post.

I wonder if REBOR is making a standard 1/35 Mosasaur model as they seemed to have previously referred to Mosasaur (a Mosasaur fossil replica of sorts, albeit with a modern touch) in relation to the upcoming Oddities line. Mosasaur is a central star in Jurassic World. The movie scored the largest global debut in history with $511 million. Therefore, it would make sense for REBOR to release a Mosasaur (and hopefully *fingers crossed* Elasmosaurus w/ accurate neck) in the near future.I would certainly invest in another Mosasaur considering that it also happens to be the only Sideshow model that I've ever purchased.

CityRaptor

The movie should cause a popularity boost for the the featured species. Although I have read things by people who thought that Dimorphodon was made up and called it things like "T-rex-headed Pterodactyl"....ah, the uneducated public.  ::)
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shadowknight1

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 16, 2015, 10:30:39 AM
The movie should cause a popularity boost for the the featured species. Although I have read things by people who thought that Dimorphodon was made up and called it things like "T-rex-headed Pterodactyl"....ah, the uneducated public.  ::)
I've seen that comment as well lol
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Arul

Sorry out of topic actually what dimorphodon eat ? It have big head with deadly jaw but it body is small

tanystropheus

Quote from: ARUL on June 16, 2015, 12:04:05 PM
Sorry out of topic actually what dimorphodon eat ? It have big head with deadly jaw but it body is small

Was Dimorphodon a scavenger?

Rathalosaurus

Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Patrx

Quote from: ARUL on June 16, 2015, 12:04:05 PM

According to this recent article by Mark Witton, Dimorphodon probably ate smaller reptiles like lepidosaurs, as well as large insects.  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: