News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

What is your Favorite Carnegie Model?

Started by Appalachiosaurus, March 12, 2015, 10:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your Favorite Carnegie Model?

Concavenator
0 (0%)
Miragaia
3 (9.4%)
Cryolophosaurus
0 (0%)
Carnotaurus
2 (6.3%)
Tylosaurus
6 (18.8%)
Spinosaurus (Version 1)
0 (0%)
Spinosaurus (Version 2)
1 (3.1%)
Stegosaurus
0 (0%)
Diplodocus
3 (9.4%)
Ichthyosaurus
1 (3.1%)
Microraptor
1 (3.1%)
Caudipteryx
0 (0%)
Oviraptor
0 (0%)
Amargasaurus
0 (0%)
Iguanodon
1 (3.1%)
Albertosaurus
0 (0%)
Triceratops (Version 1)
0 (0%)
Triceratops (Version 2)
0 (0%)
Allosaurus
0 (0%)
Deinosuchus
0 (0%)
Saltosaurus
0 (0%)
Kronosaurus
0 (0%)
Dilong
0 (0%)
Beipiasaurus
2 (6.3%)
Elasmosaurus
0 (0%)
Baryonyx
0 (0%)
Tanystropheus
0 (0%)
Maiasaura with Nest
1 (3.1%)
Velociraptor (Version 1)
0 (0%)
Velociraptor (Version 2)
0 (0%)
Giganotosaurus
2 (6.3%)
Camarosaurus
0 (0%)
Woolly Mammoth
2 (6.3%)
Acrocanthosaurus
0 (0%)
Dimetrodon
0 (0%)
Apatosaurus with baby
0 (0%)
Quetzalcoatlus
0 (0%)
Parasaurolophus
0 (0%)
Ankylosaurus
0 (0%)
Brachiosaurus
4 (12.5%)
Tyrannosaurus (Version 1)
1 (3.1%)
Tyrannosaurus (Version 2)
0 (0%)
Tyrannosaurus (Version 3)
1 (3.1%)
Protoceratops nest
0 (0%)
Autralopithicus couple
0 (0%)
Smilodon
0 (0%)
Other
1 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Appalachiosaurus

With the recent and saddening news about Carnegie's and SafariLtd's split-up, I thought it would be good to sit back and reminisce about the collection. So I ask a simple question, what was your Favorite Carnegie Model ever prodced?

suspsy

IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Takama

I say, there still some missing models that have been iconic for the line that are missing.

Protoceratops nest

Autralopithicus couple

And Smilodon.

I say this should be a list of every Sculpt that Carnegie has graced us over the years

Appalachiosaurus

Quote from: suspsy on March 12, 2015, 10:32:08 PM
Why is this a discrete poll?

What do you mean?

Quote from: Takama on March 12, 2015, 10:37:19 PM
I say, there still some missing models that have been iconic for the line that are missing.

Protoceratops nest

Autralopithicus couple

And Smilodon.

I say this should be a list of every Sculpt that Carnegie has graced us over the years

I'll add them.

suspsy

It says this is a discrete poll where only mods and admins can see results.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Appalachiosaurus

Quote from: suspsy on March 12, 2015, 10:42:03 PM
It says this is a discrete poll where only mods and admins can see results.

Darn. I knew I did something wrong. Sadly I cannot change it.

Gwangi

Just letting you know that I JUST created a Carnegie top ten poll. Not trying to steal your idea! I think there is room here for both the top ten (and potential video) as well as a poll for our hands down favorite.

EmperorDinobot

Dilophosaurus pair. But to be honest, I love them all to death, and I cried a little bit yesterday about it. They are such a huge part of my childhood, you have no idea. Heck, I use them in my art.

Gwangi

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on March 13, 2015, 12:18:28 AM
Dilophosaurus pair. But to be honest, I love them all to death, and I cried a little bit yesterday about it. They are such a huge part of my childhood, you have no idea. Heck, I use them in my art.

I'm the same way about the original Brachiosaurus. That said, I think the newer Diplodocus is my hands down favorite. Bah! Who am I kidding...I can't pick just one!

Dobber

Which brachiosaurus? The big original or the newer 2012 version?

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

laticauda

Quote from: Gwangi on March 13, 2015, 12:25:28 AM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on March 13, 2015, 12:18:28 AM

I'm the same way about the original Brachiosaurus. That said, I think the newer Diplodocus is my hands down favorite. Bah! Who am I kidding...I can't pick just one!

Thats how I feel about the original Diplodocus as well.  I guess you never forget your first love.  :)

Shonisaurus

It was one of the most beautiful models estegosauroideo that have been made.

John

It's kinda tough to choose just one...but I would have to pick something not only done well but a representative of a prehistoric animal I grew up with,the Ichthyosaurus communis. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

postsaurischian

The fact that I had to think about 24 hours to decide which one I like the most speaks for itself.
I choose the Miragaia, to me one of Forest Rogers' masterpieces :).

EmperorDinobot

All my Carnegies have a story behind them. I can say with ease that I got Baby Apatosaurus when I was turning 7 by a school friend. Their quality and love drove me and my mom nuts. Next up was Deinonychus trio. Sad story as one broke from the get-go, that's why whenever I get one, I sell them for $20 USD or more. But this was done from that ancient grey plastic. Through my battle with FA, dinosaur toys sort of kept me "alive", just the idea of what was next would feed me, allowing me to stay alive. I remember when I got my Deltadromeus as "the latest" item of Carnegie, when this substitute teacher who fell in love with me gave me the Dilophosaurus pair when after all the odds I got the medal for being the best student in the municipality, I remember getting Diplodocus 1 when I had a blood transfusion... if anything, most of the ones I own were given as gifts. I did not actively hunt them down. During my bone marrow transplant I received Triceratops, Tanoystropheus, brown T.rex, old T.rex, Brachiosaurus 1, Styracosaurus, Acrocanthosaurus, Velociraptor, etc... With everything in between. They are....such a big part of me. I used to value them artistically and sentimentally above all others. This all saddens me, but nothing ever really dies. Things just...transform, right? I'm all healed up, working for the community, but dinosaurs are my first love and Carns are...well...something else. I sell several at my store, for those who aren't aware, and I treat them very nicely once sent. I just love them. They have their own spot away from other Safari, JP and non any of those dinosaurs. I hugely respect them. I should acquire the releases 5 yrs from today. With the death of educational toy stores, "the hunt" became rather stale, and while it is hypocritical for me (an online salesperson) to say this, it's always more fun to hunt them in "the wild". I live in the Pacific Northwest and I've scoured all stores in the Washington and Oregon areas. Nothing. It's all dead. Discontinued. More than 10 years ago, I would have been overjoyed to see their newest offerings, and truly, one of the fondest memories I have as a kid is going to such stores or museums and finding the latest Carnegie pieces.

This joy died a while back, and now it's been buried. It's like having to bury a family member. I know I'm dumb for being emotional over plastic dinosaur toys, but they are a part of my life.

laticauda

Thank you for sharing your story.  Don't feel bad for being emotional about the plastic dinosaurs.  They are a part of who you are and who you have became.

Gwangi

Nothing dumb about any of that, it sounds like they were very important to you during a difficult period in your life, a period I cannot even begin to imagine. What you went through with those dinosaurs is more than simply nostalgia. It was a great and moving story.

Shonisaurus

My figure would prefer the Miragaia, was for me one of the best stegosaroideos to date.

Roselaar

sauroid

my favorite Carnegie figure is the 2011 Carnotaurus. it isnt in the above choices tho so i clicked "other" :(
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: