You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Paying tribute to the Carnegie line-

Started by amargasaurus cazaui, March 16, 2015, 04:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

I thought the thread here would be a good place to pay tribute to the almost three decades of Carnegie models we have been given. The pictures I am posting are repaints, many done by Martin, a few by Bob Morales, and a few by Copper as well.
Feel free to post your favorites, repaints, collection shots, anything you wish to share related to Carnegie, and its line of prehistoric replicas

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

That's some nice pieces! Good tribute!

Dinomike

Wonderful repaints! And a great tribute!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Arul

Awesome...i mean really awesome all of them. I hope i can lived in same country with Martin Garrat hahaha

Roselaar

My God, those are some stunning repaints! :)

DinoLord

I never really was a fan of the Acrocanthosaurus, but it looks very good with that new paint scheme.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Nice pictures, Amargasaurus. I don't have any Carnegie repaints as I just got into repainting and I don't want to modify my figures now that they're retired. I might try something similar with my WS elasmosaurus, though. Here's my collection, no individual is shown twice:

[Images Removed]
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

amargasaurus cazaui

Thanks for all the positive comments...I enjoy Martin's work on these immensely, as well as Copper and Bob Morales. I found when sending large models to martin for repaint that shipping can be murder the larger you go. Most of the Carnegies lend themselves as subjects to paint and base without shipping being too costly. Contrast in the point , the Brachiosaurus and Diplodocus which cost a small fortune to return home. I was fortunate to purchase Tyrannt queens diplodocus and have her ship straight to Martin in England, somewhat dodging the bullet, but I knew getting them home would be murder, and it was , no fault of Marilyn and Martin's of course.
Love that collection of yours Pachyrhino, great display ! I really like your carnegie mountain .I notice you have the psittacosaurus which raises your entire collection a knotch for me of course !!! One question, in the picture with the mountain, to the right, the stegosaurus appears to be perched on a massive vert of some kind? Is that correct?She general shape and lines suggest vert to me...
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

joossa

Wow, that Corythosaurus repaint is stunning.

Pachyrhinosaurus, you display is awesome! :)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

amargasaurus cazaui

One of the reasons I love working with Martin Garrat, I had seen his own repaint of the Corythosaurus on its base and I wanted something similar, as far as the base, but wanted my dinosaur painted using different colors. He did repaint my corythosaurus the way I wanted, but then sold me his own base so I would have the piece I wanted so badly. He sacarificed his own piece so I could get what I wanted rather than trying to recreate it. He also never mentioned it, and until I asked Marilyn directly they never even told me it was his own and not another.Cheers to Martin

Meso-Cenozoic

What a great thread! Beautifully stunning repaints, Amarga! I'll I have to get some pics of my Carnegie collection. I have most of their line, past and present.

stargatedalek

Those customs are simply stunning! And that display, I'm just blown away you guys!

I'll have to show a few of my own Carnegie customs here, my work doesn't compare of course but I've repainted the microraptor and caudipteryx (and modified caudipteryx wings).

amargasaurus cazaui

Anyones pictures are welcome Star, its a tribute. I just posted my repaints because I figured everyone else would post the regular figure mostly...I am glad that I invested the money to get so many of them done over the past few years though. Martin is probably sick of them

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on March 17, 2015, 02:36:13 AM
Love that collection of yours Pachyrhino, great display ! I really like your carnegie mountain .I notice you have the psittacosaurus which raises your entire collection a knotch for me of course !!! One question, in the picture with the mountain, to the right, the stegosaurus appears to be perched on a massive vert of some kind? Is that correct?She general shape and lines suggest vert to me...

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. That is a vert- its from an edmontosaurus. I have more pictures of it in the Fossil collecting thread. As for my psittacosaurus- sadly it has a letter 'J' written on its underside in pen which I am unable to remove, but at least I was lucky enough to find one when I did.

Quote from: joossa on March 17, 2015, 04:13:43 AM
Pachyrhinosaurus, you display is awesome! :)
Thank you.
Save Dinoland USA!

Dinomike

Whoa! Pachyrhino - that's one awesome mountain display you have there!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

amargasaurus cazaui

Two things ive found remove ink well are hairspray, and nail polish remover.....another trick method is cover the area with super glue and then use super glue remover...generally pulls the ink and the glue. Just a thought....
  I do have an extra carnegie psittacosaur, I intend to have Martin paint, that I would trade across the board, but you would have to cover shipping both ways which might make it kinda null point

Quen

First and last Carnegies.

The Brachiosaurus has the original paint job (in case the yellow isn't so visible). This photo-op happened accidentally when I was rearranging my collection to fit in these (and some other) new additions. Still not sure how I didn't notice it immediately. I was going to wait to post any pictures of the newbies until the last one I'm expecting shows up. But I thought this picture was quite fitting for this thread!

Edit: Photo changed to defeat the Photobucket Menace and to preserve dinosaur toy history.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thank you, Dinomike.

Amargasaurus, Thank you for the solutions- I'll try them before I consider acquiring another.

Nice picture, Quendrega. It really goes to show how the Carnegie has improved.
Save Dinoland USA!

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Quendrega on March 18, 2015, 02:24:27 AM

First and last Carnegies.

The Brachiosaurus has the original paint job (in case the yellow isn't so visible). This photo-op happened accidentally when I was rearranging my collection to fit in these (and some other) new additions. Still not sure how I didn't notice it immediately. I was going to wait to post any pictures of the newbies until the last one I'm expecting shows up. But I thought this picture was quite fitting for this thread!
The picture says something I think many people miss. I kept hearing how the quality just constantly dropped with the Carnegie line and how it was so awful as time progressed, however people miss the point the pictures make. If you go back and look at the earliest carnegie pieces many of them were actually somewhat crude and quite rough. As time progressed the line kept improving by leaps and bounds.....and people grew complacent with the amazing sculpts of the glory years. So when a figure did somewhat miss the mark, it was considered a major disaster, nevermind the nice neat rows of figures that had already been done well with so much progress over previous models. There were highs and lows, but when you look  at the original line of figures vs the last 18 or so figures made, the level and degree of workmanship is stunning.

Raptoress

Absolutely beautiful tribute. It's amazing how much a paint job can bring out the best in a sculpt. The first Psittacosaurus is my favourite!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: