You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanthanotus

I personally like the original big black eyes better, but the beak and wing membranes are a stunner :)

ceratopsian

It really lends itself to repainting. I like the head and eyes.

RobinGoodfellow

Halichoeres

It looks like they eyes aren't just re-painted, but re-sculpted. Am I mistaken?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

The dimorphodon repainted by Martin Garratt has given life to the creation of Collecta in relation to the eyes painting them a pupil and eliminating the previous painting in which the dimorphodon appears with beautiful jet black eyes but lifeless.

The colors of the jaws are very realistic and beautiful colors. As always, Martin's creations are spectacular and awesome. :)

PhilSauria

Great paint job, as always, though personally I am quite happy with the original look. That figure, and the other big Pterosaur, are on my 'Desert Island Dinos' list (if I ever had to downsize to about 50 or so pieces - as if!). Ordinarily I too find the solid black eye a bit lifeless but in this case I think it works on the Dimorph. Thanks for sharing.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 03, 2018, 08:18:33 PM

No, you're totally right.
Mr. Garratt removed eyeballs and he has inserted glass eyes.
The figure need to be seen in person because pictures don't show exactly how much "lifelike" the eyes are..
:)

Reptilia

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 03, 2018, 06:08:36 PM
I personally like the original big black eyes better

Agree, they give the figure a very natural look, like on most Collectas.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 04, 2018, 06:38:10 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on March 03, 2018, 08:18:33 PM

No, you're totally right.
Mr. Garratt removed eyeballs and he has inserted glass eyes.
The figure need to be seen in person because pictures don't show exactly how much "lifelike" the eyes are..

That sounds like a surgical work applied to a toy pterosaur figure in this case.

I thought that the eyes were those of the figure. No wonder they look so realistic.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 03, 2018, 07:33:32 PM

..I kept an original one so now I have both versions:

Amazing piece of art. It really shows just how wonderful sculpt that figure is. They make a nice pair ^-^

PhilSauria

Well illustrated point about the eyes. I am seriously thinking about taking a paint brush to that feature on my Dimorph.

RobinGoodfellow

..I noticed this figure on PhilSauria collection thread and I thought it could work very well as a Camptosaurus so....

Recur Camptosaurus  (.. or Iguanodon  ;) )

(Skeletal reconstructions of Camptosaurus. A, C. aphanoecetes; B, C. dispar (adult); C, C. dispar (juvenile based on USNM 2210, holotype C. nanus). B, C courtesy of Gregory Paul)

------

Full Res Pictures here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157692431879731/with/40609461932/

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you Robin for your figures, the iguanodon or camptosaurus of Recur is one of my favorite figures I also bought it on the internet on Aliexpress.

On the other hand the dilophosaurus iToy does not have to envy any well-known company of dinosaurs. I'm tempted to buy it, although I'll wait several months in this case.

Kaiyodo's fukuiraptor is as good a figure as his Japanese counterpart Favorite.  :D

RobinGoodfellow

Chinese Dinosaurs: Seven Little Dinosaurs  by PNSO

(for info about figures, please follow the link at the end, clicking on picture you're interested)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157692431879731/with/25786272567/

RobinGoodfellow

The Collecta Dimorphodon repainted by Martin Garratt with its wall-mount

..and the glass eyes...

Full Res Pictures here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157692431879731/with/39763331675/

Bokisaurus

That figure really is one of the best toy figure ever produced! Lovely :D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: