News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Another vintage book from my collection: "La Scoperta dei Fossili" ("Fossils Discoveries") - Mondadori - 1975

The book is all about the story of paleontology through times, from the very beginning to late '60.

Front Cover

Retro Cover

Woodcut

Semion Tarabykin finds a frosted and well-preserved Mammoth at Siberia

Mastodon

Ancient Bison vs Dire Wolf

Moeritherium

Elephas antiquus

Mary Anning finds an Ichtyosaurus

Mosasaurus

Ichtyosaurus

Iguanodon

Megalosaurus

Cetiosaurus

Anatosaurus

Monoclonius

Stegosaurus

Brontosaurus

Full Res Pictures here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157697941986672/with/44527231622/

:)

Shonisaurus

The "retro" dinosaur books thrill me, remind me of my early life in the 70s and 80s.

Thanks for sharing those illustrations Robin.

RobinGoodfellow

New Acquisition

..a real bargain on Amazon IT.. (the book, of course  ;) )

(p.s Anomalocaris on the upper left seems to be really interested in a book about her grandmother  >:D )

Shonisaurus

By the way, Robin, are you enlightened? I love the Cambrian fauna.

I'm happy for you, Robin.

Halichoeres

Somehow I didn't know about this book! I love the "Life of the Past" series, so I'll have to check that out.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 10, 2018, 02:46:34 PM
Somehow I didn't know about this book! I love the "Life of the Past" series, so I'll have to check that out.

Last week it was discounted 50%: I bought it immediately..  ^-^

Shonisaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on September 10, 2018, 03:38:32 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on September 10, 2018, 02:46:34 PM

Last week it was discounted 50%: I bought it immediately..  ^-^

With white pasta it is very cheap in Amazon 10 dollars, with hard pasta, the price rises to more than 30 dollars.

It is preferable to buy the option of the book in soft paste, it is charged for the material that covers the pages and sincerely I prefer to buy that book for a triple price of cheap with a more humble format.

RobinGoodfellow

New Acquisitions

A really rare couple from the Dinosaur Exploration Museum of Japan: Kokoro Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops

Full Res Pictures here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157695622874580/with/44708285442/

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you Robin for the tyrannosaurus and triceratops of Kokoro although they are plastic they seem from my honest point of view resin figures. Especially the tyrannosaurus is spectacular, considering that it is a figure of more than twenty years.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 18, 2018, 01:07:22 PM
(..) although they are plastic (..)
..I'm not sure about that but they seems to be vinyl not pvc..  ???

RobinGoodfellow

New Acquisition

Tullimonstrum gregarium (1:1) / Sculpted by KUO CHIEN-HUNG & Painted by Luca Vergerio

Last Tully in my collection was from Jetoar/Paleo-Creatures:

Full Res Pictures here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157695020266470

Shonisaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on September 18, 2018, 01:34:35 PM

I mention it because on ebay a Filipino seller said that these figures in particular the triceratops if I remember correctly was plastic.  ???

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 18, 2018, 01:42:43 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on September 18, 2018, 01:34:35 PM

I mention it because on ebay a Filipino seller said that these figures in particular the triceratops if I remember correctly was plastic.  ???

..Vinyl is a sort of plastic..
Under my fingers, they seem more like hard vinyl than pvc; but I could be wrong.

RobinGoodfellow

..I was searching for Dire Wolf figures on the web..

That's what I found:

They're solid, polystone but unbranded from China..  8)

I have only 2 others Dire Wolf figures:

The old Bullyland classic

..and the one from Veronese Design

Full Res Pictures here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157660163862768/with/43851531605/

tyrantqueen

I believe these gorgeous wolves are sculpted by an individual who goes by the name "Mr. Z". He sculpts all sorts of canids for the 1/6 scale of action figures.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 18, 2018, 06:02:25 PM

I believe these gorgeous wolves are sculpted by an individual who goes the name "Mr. Z". He sculpts all sorts of canids for the 1/6 scale of action figures.

Really precious infos.. I wasn't able to find any brand or name on the chinese site where I bought them.
Thank you.

Halichoeres

Great new additions! Nice to see new photos again finally :) I succumbed to temptation and ordered one of those Tully figures. Too weird an animal to pass up.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 18, 2018, 06:56:07 PM
I succumbed to temptation and ordered one of those Tully figures. Too weird an animal to pass up.

;)  ;D  >:D

RobinGoodfellow

New Acquisitions

The new Vitae' wave

Chilantaisaurus

..and the inspiration..

Wuerhosaurus

..from different brands..
PNSO

Collecta

Sinraptor

..from different brand..
Carnegie

Zhejiangosaurus

Zhejiangopterus

And Sinosauropteryx

Full Res Pictures here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157662380076557/with/29828928117/

bmathison1972

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on September 18, 2018, 06:17:54 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 18, 2018, 06:02:25 PM

I believe these gorgeous wolves are sculpted by an individual who goes the name "Mr. Z". He sculpts all sorts of canids for the 1/6 scale of action figures.

Really precious infos.. I wasn't able to find any brand or name on the chinese site where I bought them.
Thank you.

I have seen these dogs on the STS forum, either a collector of them (or possibly the sculptor) is on that site, but I can't remember where to begin to look.

The tully monster is nice; is that a custom piece or is it available for general purchase online?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: