You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on July 16, 2018, 12:25:43 PM
Is it better with Diplocaulus or Cacops ?

When Vitali Klatt decided not to use the Diplocaulus, I was a bit disappointed. But I wasn't anymore when I got the single figure :) .
As far as I am informed the other victim is supposed to be Seymouria. Who told you it was a Cacops?
Anyway, although I love Diplocaulus I think for this diorama the other one was the better choice.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 16, 2018, 07:43:13 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on July 16, 2018, 12:25:43 PM
Is it better with Diplocaulus or Cacops ?

When Vitali Klatt decided not to use the Diplocaulus, I was a bit disappointed. But I wasn't anymore when I got the single figure :) .
As far as I am informed the other victim is supposed to be Seymouria. Who told you it was a Cacops?
Anyway, although I love Diplocaulus I think for this diorama the other one was the better choice.

I did a mistake.
I really don't know why I wrote "Cacops" instead of "Seymouria".
You're right.
I'm reading two books on Permian Fauna these days and the name "Cacops" keeps turning around in my head..
My mistake.
Sorry.
:-[  :-\

ceratopsian

I think the Seymouria was the better choice. It would make a more substantial meal to fight over!  Aesthetically I think it gives better balance to the diorama. The Diplocaulus is just too flat to make much impression.

I am curious. Which books on Permian fauna are you reading?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: ceratopsian on July 16, 2018, 09:02:42 PM

I am curious. Which books on Permian fauna are you reading?

" Earth before the Dinosaurs "

" When Life Nearly Died: The Greatest Mass Extinction of All Time "

RobinGoodfellow

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian  I prefer to answer about Dimetrodon on my thread instead of posting pictures on ceratopsian personal thread.

On my opinion the Collecta 2018 Dimetrodon is (from a sculpting point of view) way better than Safari.
The main problem about CollectA is the painting (truly unnatural ).
But the CollectA figure is really detailed.

Here:

...but judging a figure is mainly a personal matter so...

Shonisaurus

The painting of both dimetrodon and estemmenosuchus does not do justice to the exceptional sculptural work of Collecta.

You are very lucky Robin to have already on your shelves the dimetrodon of Collecta. Mine will have to wait at least three months before I pick it up on my shelves.

Digibasherx

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on July 16, 2018, 07:32:56 AM
No, you're right.
That Diplocaulus was also sculpted by Vitali Klatt.
Originally it was intended as a part of his "Dimetrodon VS Ophiacodon" resin kit:

Ah, that made sense.  I knew Diplocaulus was fairly flattened, but with a deadpan pose and the single base, i thought it was odd choice for an individual figure.  But now seeing the context, I can totally see it being an enhancement to a dio. 

I think Seymouria was the better choice as well, it gave the scene a bit more depth  :P.

Wow,  that Charlie McGrady / Matt Manit depiction is amazing.  It seems alive!  I can almost see the gyration and slithering of the bodies as you would in modern day amphibians.

RobinGoodfellow

" And Now for Something Completely Different " (as Monty Python said  ;) )

I'm also a DVD/Blu-Ray collector.
So here it is a small section about classic/vintage dinosaurs/monsters movies:

On the left:
King Kong (1933) + The Lost World (1925) / 2 Discs Edition

On top, from left to right:

The Land That Time Forgot (1975)

The People That Time Forgot (1977)

At the Earth's Core (1976)

On bottom, from left to right:

The Land Unknown (1957)

Lost Continent (1951)

Unknown Island (1948)

..and, of course, a classic: The Valley of Gwangi (1969)

^-^

RobinGoodfellow

..to be honest, there is a piece that I've been watching for some time now, without ordering (mainly because of the price..  :-[  ).
After the discussion on this thread about Diplocaulus, I watched it again and again and again  8)
So I took my decision and I ordered it.  ::)
Unfortunately I'll receive it on September, mainly because next week I will be on vacation until the end of August.
It could be good to return at my home in September with that package waiting for me...  ;D

A quick preview:

Diplocaulus Group  (1:2)

by Charlie McGrady / Matt Manit
Painted by Martin Garratt

I just can't wait..  >:D

:)

tanystropheus

ceratopsian

RobinGoodfellow

..well, we're in the middle of 2018 now..
Here, in Italy, August is time for a break from the job, it's time for vacations.  O:-)
So, probably , it's time for a quick summary too.
Here the figures I liked the most to acquire in this first part of the year..  ^-^

In January I found the 2' edition of the Battat Rex

Also I found the elusive Safari Hypacrosaurus

The Bullyland Brachiosaurus is starting to be difficult to find outside Germany; the brown version:

The Safari Velociraptor sculpted by Greg Wenzel isn't so hard to find; it's more difficult for the boxed version

Also in January I bought this wonderful Studio Oxmox figure from Games of Thrones: "Drogon"

The first discontinued version of Favorite Desktop Brachiosaurus isn't rare but even not so easy to find on the market at reasonable price

I bought this wonderful figure directly from Favorite Japan by a valuable agent ( Yoshiki from JPSelection), a really great guy: Trcic Tyrannosaurus

..to complete the line I also added the green version: Bullyland Brachiosaurus

I had this rare figure from Bokisaurus (thank you again  ^-^ I'm really grateful ): Safari Arsinoitherium

With this figure I completed my AAA mammals prehistoric collection: Entelodon (small version)

I received this massive figure from JPSelection too: Favorite Vinyl Coelacanth

Mr. Martin Garratt greatly customized Collecta Dimorphodon

Acro-man sent me from China these little gems: PNSO Seven Little Dinosaurs

Kaiyodo resin Fukuiraptor

PNSO Tsintaosaurus was from personal Acro-man collection: he was tired of the figure and sold it to me for a very reasonable price (thank you!  :D )

Brontoscorpio sent me an info about a shop selling this resin model; it was quite hard to acquire the figure because the seller doesn't ship internationally: Oldies 1920 Tyrannosaurus

A really surprising figure from Russia from an unknown artist (Nikolay Abramovich): Labyrinthodont (Mastodonsaurus)

Shane Foulkes 1:15 Liopleurodon painted by Vitali Klatt in the WWD style

Favorite resin Troodon formosus from Brett (thank you):

Three resin figures from the Prey Collection by Alexander Belov / Painted by Martin Garratt

Sofubi Toybox Tyrannosaurus from Hobbylink Japan

We'd been waiting for BoTM for almost 2 years from the original Kickstarter campaign by David Silva

The wonderful 1:20 Ceratosaurus by Sean Cooper painted by Martin Garratt

The DinostoreUs/Favorite Tyrannosaurus from US:

..and my last acquisition: 1:2 Diplocaulus by Charlie McGrady / Matt Manit and painted by Martin Garratt

And I already have plans for September.

I bought this cool resin kit from acro-man and I will send to Mr. Garratt when I'll be back home:  (1:35) Purussaurus & Stupendemys by Rhino

Even those two 1:35 vinyl kits will be to Martin soon:

About Triceratops, I'm thinking about a vintage rendition:

I did a pre-order about this wonderful statue by Damtoys/Sideshow and it will be available in December: Smilodon fatalis (Gobi version)

That's all; I hope I didn't bothered you..  ???

My holiday time will start next week  8)
We will see again between a month.
I wish you a wonderful summer.  ^-^

Best Regards to all of you  :))

ceratopsian

Enjoy your holiday!  Posting highlights of the year so far was a good idea.  Very enjoyable - some wonderful acquisitions to look back on.  Hard to single anything out but the Diplocaulus slab is quite astonishing.

Shonisaurus

Happy holidays Robin you deserve that you have a deserved rest. For me it is an honor to visit your thread and your new acquisitions. You know where you have a faithful follower from Spain.

Halichoeres

Seems like it's been a good year for your collection :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 22, 2018, 02:16:07 PM
Seems like it's been a good year for your collection :)

..yes, it wasn't so bad.. :P

Quote from: ceratopsian on July 22, 2018, 11:54:31 AM
Enjoy your holiday!
Thank you very much ^-^

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 22, 2018, 01:52:25 PM
Happy holidays Robin you deserve that you have a deserved rest. For me it is an honor to visit your thread and your new acquisitions. You know where you have a faithful follower from Spain.

Thanks for your kind words.
Regards

RobinGoodfellow

Thanks to all of you for the 90.000 views to my collection thread.
I'm really happy  :))
..and more to come..
THXS  :)

ceratopsian

And thanks to you for all the work you put into building this thread.  You provide both a great deal of pleasure and also a great resource to learn more about our hobby.

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on August 12, 2018, 10:34:21 AM

Thanks to all of you for the 90.000 views to my collection thread.
I'm really happy  :))
..and more to come..
THXS  :)

RobinGoodfellow

..well, at my Country summertime is almost ended, same as my holidays..

So I'm back home now.  :'(

Luckily certain packages were waiting for me in my mailbox  :))

The first one is Sean Cooper (1:20) Dunkleosteus / Painted by Martin Garratt (for Urzeitshop)

..and with a fearless diver (almost in scale with real Dunk)..

..and a backstage shot of my little home-studio..

My Dunk collection is still growing:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157676690103994

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157695020266470

'Till soon  ^-^

IrritatorRaji

I get how you feel when holidays end, I always get those post holiday blues!

But woah, that Dunkleosteus is absolutely stunning! (And, funnily enough, it's got those coastal colours, it can remind you of all the fun you had during your holiday?)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: