News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Australian Age of Dinosaurs from Minizoo

Started by triceratops83, May 12, 2015, 02:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

A bit too pricey for me. Overall, looks like a solid model, though!  :)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

RobinGoodfellow

I did an order about Banjo on the Australian Age of Dinosaurs site NINE days ago and my order is still in the "processing" status.
I think that the model isn't really in stock yet....  >:(

postsaurischian

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on February 19, 2016, 08:47:56 PM
I did an order about Banjo on the Australian Age of Dinosaurs site NINE days ago and my order is still in the "processing" status.

..... same here :(.

triceratops83

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on February 19, 2016, 08:47:56 PM

I only live about a half a day's drive from Winton and it's approaching two weeks since I ordered mine. This has been the most delayed figure yet.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Is it worth it to email them?  They might be swamped with orders , just trying to sort them out.

Digibasherx

Oooh, I haven't been following this thread so this is a great surprise. CAD and AUD is on par, so 30 bucks isn't bad for a boxed figure that's not readily available. I'll have to pick up that Minmi and the Muttaburrasaurus too.

Halichoeres

I made a mistake entering my address (my work and home address are so similar that I sometimes type a mixture of the two when in a hurry) and when I wrote to correct it they replied that they had had some flooding on the road to the museum and so hadn't been able to go in to work! All the same, my order now shows as "shipped."
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

RobinGoodfellow

Today my order changed to "shipped" too....
But " Please expect delays of 7-14 days as it sent my air mail ", so.....

tyrantqueen

Dang it, I'm broke right now and I need to get this figure before it sells out and it is scalped by other sellers. It's just the shipping that kills it.

Halichoeres

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 22, 2016, 08:09:11 AM
Dang it, I'm broke right now and I need to get this figure before it sells out and it is scalped by other sellers. It's just the shipping that kills it.
At least to the States, the shipping is the same if you order 1 figure or 3 (it jumps up again for 4). So I ordered 3, which brings down the unit price, and I'm sharing that order with two other US forum members. Maybe you could similarly split it with some UK or continental members?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Digibasherx

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 22, 2016, 11:30:53 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 22, 2016, 08:09:11 AM
At least to the States, the shipping is the same if you order 1 figure or 3 (it jumps up again for 4). So I ordered 3, which brings down the unit price, and I'm sharing that order with two other US forum members. Maybe you could similarly split it with some UK or continental members?

The same to Canada.  3 of them is 27 AUD. 4 is 38 AUD.

triceratops83

Sorry, I've gotta go to work and don't have time for pictures at the moment, but Banjo just arrived in the mail. So, they're definitely coming. It looks even better in person, the detail is exquisite and for those who were worried it DOES stand on its' own two feet, though I guess there is a chance of warping.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

postsaurischian

I can't wait for mine :).

BTW.: This thread is in the wrong section, should be moved to "New for 2016".

Roselaar

Still not in at Minizoo, it appears. Waiting...

triceratops83

Here's Banjo attacking the Toyway Leallynasaura

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 23, 2016, 03:22:00 PM
BTW.: This thread is in the wrong section, should be moved to "New for 2016".

Maybe, but the date printed on the underside of Banjo reads 2014!

Dinomike

Banjo looks amazing! The only thing I'm not fond of is the eyes. I think they look too cartoony. I think it is they yellow area around the eyes. Nothing a bit of paint couldn't fix though. The pose is super dynamic!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

empire3569

Thanks for the picture! I really like the sculpt and pose, but am not a fan of the paintjob..... I think with better painting that would be a stellar model though

terrorchicken

I love it...but  just cant afford the shipping to the US. :(

Blade-of-the-Moon

The eyes are easily fixable, it's well detailed, paint is as good or better than Collectas. I'd say 8-9 out of 10..depending on how much those things matter to you. 

Digibasherx

I'm going to be putting in an order, if anyone in the Toronto area wants in, I can grab an extra and it'll just be at cost.  I'll be putting in an order this weekend. We can meet somewhere for pick up.  If outside of Toronto, it'll probably be not worth the shipping. 

I think if I get 3, then cost will be around 39-40 bucks each.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: