News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Australian Age of Dinosaurs from Minizoo

Started by triceratops83, May 12, 2015, 02:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Banjo is already in my collection (I did an order directly from AAOD Museum) and I can highly suggest this figure to every collector:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157665292771771

laticauda

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on June 03, 2016, 11:22:01 PM
Banjo is already in my collection (I did an order directly from AAOD Museum) and I can highly suggest this figure to every collectors:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157665292771771

I did the same, and I concur with Robin.  The pose, paint and detail are all very good.  Highly recommend Banjo to collectors. 

Fluffysaurus

I will get it this or next week and i cant wait how to feel and see when it is in my hands. Its rather hard plastic right?
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Dinofiel on June 04, 2016, 11:11:52 AM
I will get it this or next week and i cant wait how to feel and see when it is in my hands. Its rather hard plastic right?

Yes it is.
I have just received mine thanks to triceratops83. Its a fantastic figure.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Flaffy

It's been a while, AAOD released a plush 'banjo', any updates? ;D

Flaffy

Just messaged AAOD if more figures are coming, here is their response.
"We are working on it! Hopefully in 2017..."\
-AAOD

Blade-of-the-Moon

Sim

As mentioned in this thread a few posts before this one, a newer thread for this line was started in the same section of the forum.  The newer thread isn't useful and makes things a bit confusing as almost all the posts about this line are in this thread, yet people are now posting in the newer thread.  Could a moderator lock or delete the newer thread, or merge it with this thread, please?  This is the newer thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4567.0

DinoToyForum

I'm trying to determine what company manufactures the Australian Age of Dinosaurs line. I'm presuming that the Australian Age of Dinosaurs Museum don't have a factory, and as far as I can make out, Minizoo is just the distributor. Does anyone know? Can anyone check, or take a photo of, the back of the Australovenator box? Thanks!

Edit - from what I can work out, the company is called "Australian Age of Dinosaurs Ltd". Can anyone confirm?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 16, 2017, 01:26:18 PM
I'm trying to determine what company manufactures the Australian Age of Dinosaurs line. I'm presuming that the Australian Age of Dinosaurs Museum don't have a factory, and as far as I can make out, Minizoo is just the distributor. Does anyone know? Can anyone check, or take a photo of, the back of the Australovenator box? Thanks!

Edit - from what I can work out, the company is called "Australian Age of Dinosaurs Ltd". Can anyone confirm?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on April 16, 2017, 01:52:06 PM

Thanks, RobinGoodFellow! So, on the box it just says "Australian Age of Dinosaurs Museum". However, on the museum's website, they call themselves "Australian Age of Dinosaurs Limited" (See 'Contact us' at bottom of this page: http://www.australianageofdinosaurs.com). So, I'm going with that.

It means that the Australian Age of Dinosaurs Collection and the Australian Age of Dinosaurs Museum are both products of Australian Age of Dinosaurs Limited.

Sim

I'm trying to determine what company manufactures the Australian Age of Dinosaurs line. I'm presuming that the Australian Age of Dinosaurs Museum don't have a factory, and as far as I can make out, Minizoo is just the distributor.

When it came to providing the product, MiniZoo actually wasn't able to do that/be the distributor.  MiniZoo explained this in Reply #254 here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3409.msg134521#msg134521

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Sim on April 16, 2017, 02:58:41 PM
I'm trying to determine what company manufactures the Australian Age of Dinosaurs line. I'm presuming that the Australian Age of Dinosaurs Museum don't have a factory, and as far as I can make out, Minizoo is just the distributor.

When it came to providing the product, MiniZoo actually wasn't able to do that/be the distributor.  MiniZoo explained this in Reply #254 here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3409.msg134521#msg134521

Thanks, so we should remove Minizoo from the title of the Dinotoyblog review of "Banjo": http://dinotoyblog.com/2016/02/25/australovenator-australian-age-of-dinosaurs-and-minizoo/

Flaffy

It's been long, any news on new figures?

Halichoeres

No real news yet, don't get too excited!

I wrote to AAoD expressing my appreciation for the Australovenator and inquiring whether it has met with enough success to hope for new figures. They responded that the figure is selling well, but that with a new exhibit they're developing the figure line has been on the back burner. However, they say they're planning to continue, but with no definite release dates yet.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

I hope this company makes more dinosaurs like the australovenator, I bought it more than two years ago and I'm still as enthusiastic about it as it was the first day . :)  It stays perfectly standing, it has no clown feet, the plastic material is quite good and resistant and it would be a great thing if this company makes more dinosaurs for example the rhoetosaurus or the muttaburrasaurus to give two examples.

They are exceptional AAoD figures. 8)

Fembrogon

I just wish the figure was made available to more retailers; I can't afford shipping direct from Australia.   :(

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Fembrogon on February 28, 2018, 02:08:13 AM
I just wish the figure was made available to more retailers; I can't afford shipping direct from Australia.   :(

Shipping for me wasn't much more than  I would pay for Priority shipping in the States.

Flaffy

Did AAOD go the way of Terra by Battat? :(
Haven't heard from them for ages, still wondering if they're going to the minmi, diamantinasaurus and muttaburasaurus.   

Ravonium

Quote from: Flaffy on September 07, 2018, 04:12:48 PM
Did AAOD go the way of Terra by Battat? :(
Haven't heard from them for ages, still wondering if they're going to the minmi, diamantinasaurus and muttaburasaurus.   

I looked around this thread, and clicked on a link to the AAOD website. Browsing around, I noticed that the Australovenator has been reduced (it's the only thing in the plastic toys section that is reduced).

Make of this what you will, but to me, it's a fairly telling sign that the Australovenator is not selling well, and that they are likely not going to make anything new soon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: