News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Australian Age of Dinosaurs from Minizoo

Started by triceratops83, May 12, 2015, 02:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

I think it's the inaccessibility of the figure that contributed to poor sales (if the figure did indeed face poor sales)
As much as I would like to support them, 70 aud shipping to Hong Kong is just ridiculous.

A real shame, this line had so much potential.

Lanthanotus

Well, I think it's the inaccessibility of the museum. After all the AAoD line is released not by a toy company but by a public museum which's location  would be euphemistically described as "remote". Have a look at the map, it's 12 km away out in the bush from Winton, a less than 1000 inhabitants town in the center of QLD, the neighboring town of Longreach (less than 3000 people) is almost 200 km away and the connecting highway is not even the main road connecting the east to the west of Australia.

So I guess the majority of figures was or is sold via minizoo and urzeitshop (dunno who of the usual suspects also had/have it in stock) rather than sold in the museum itself and I guess there were few sales that did not went to dedicated collectors but to random visitors and kids. As much as I'd like to see them approaching the release of another Australian dinosaur as Diamatinasaurus, I deem the financial endeavor is too much for the museum.

Halichoeres

Unfortunate. I'm sure they thought it would spur development of the region, but the museum really should have just been in Brisbane, or at least Townsville. I suppose the proximity to the actual dig site might make it easier to go back and forth for researchers once they're already in the middle of nowhere.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

Who would have thought this Australovenator was going to become so rare? This thing is just impossible to find, it's even harder to come across than Battats, Carnegies and Bullylands.

2 years ago I contacted Urzeitzhop because it was still listed at their website but they told me it was out of stock, and unfortunately with that I guess this line is extinct.

Now I've been searching for it on ebay and more sites and it literally can't be found. I should have bought this back on the day, damn.

Mattyonyx

Quote from: Concavenator on May 04, 2022, 12:03:39 AM
Who would have thought this Australovenator was going to become so rare? This thing is just impossible to find, it's even harder to come across than Battats, Carnegies and Bullylands.

2 years ago I contacted Urzeitzhop because it was still listed at their website but they told me it was out of stock, and unfortunately with that I guess this line is extinct.

Now I've been searching for it on ebay and more sites and it literally can't be found. I should have bought this back on the day, damn.

I'm so glad I bought one when it was available on Urzeitshop. I was tempted to wait for the deluxe version (w/ articulated jaw) that was teased a while ago, but then I took the chance to buy it from an European retailer, and now I can say I chose wisely.

Flaffy

Quote from: Concavenator on May 04, 2022, 12:03:39 AM

Well you sure are a lucky one aren't ya? ;D

"Back, by popular demand! "Australovenator wintonensis"!
🦖
This 1:24 scientifically-accurate model is based on the holotype fossils of Australovenator, housed at the Australian Age of Dinosaurs Museum in Winton, Queensland.
🦖
To purchase one of your very own, or for a Junior Palaeontologist near you, check out this link:

https://australianageofdinosaursmuseumshop.com/collections/children1/products/australovenator-1?fbclid=IwAR1mz6bMKegdqa63o6drySPX6apxeLSzcHSZ99qfOwRkPT-nlXjdXW75p20"

Plenty of units to go around for everyone too! It seems that they've ditched the deluxe box packaging in favour of a more simple presentation. I do wonder if there's any other changes compared to the original release. Or if there are plans to produce those other long teased australian dinosaurs.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Do they ship internationally? I've been after this one for years too
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Fembrogon

Oh, snap, and right when I was about to save for the Mesozoic Life campaign!!

They are providing international shipping on the page; the estimate for my USA address is around $16.

Gwangi

Quote from: Fembrogon on May 05, 2022, 04:57:46 PM
Oh, snap, and right when I was about to save for the Mesozoic Life campaign!!

They are providing international shipping on the page; the estimate for my USA address is around $16.

I got the same estimate, also in the U.S. I've always liked this figure but that shipping fee nearly doubles the cost. All well.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That's cheaper than shipping to the UK, but them again I did buy the Top Trumps cards as well.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Georassic

And to think that just yesterday, I would've eagerly paid up to $75 for this guy...

Fembrogon

The world works in funny ways sometimes!
I gave in and pulled the trigger; it ended up being a little under $40 total for me, but that would be about average price for something like PNSO, and this is a lot less common of an item. I'm curious how long shipping will take.
I also shared the news in a couple of others spots in hopes of more fans seeing it.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Wow, reading through this thread the other day I was regretting not ordering one of these when I had the chance.

There are also some interesting metal dinosaur figures on the site. I was thinking of getting one, but the size is not listed in the description.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Halichoeres

Well that's the best back-from-the-dead news since the return of PNSO. I hope they sell like hotcakes.

For people in the US and Europe, what a few members and I did was order a big box together, and then ship them domestically. Not sure the math still works but it did back in 2016.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Baryonyx

That's a great point, avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres , anyone in the UK interested in a ordering together, avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx , are you still interested?

Flaffy

Quote from: Baryonyx on May 06, 2022, 02:18:17 PM
That's a great point, avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres , anyone in the UK interested in a ordering together, avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx , are you still interested?

avatar_Baryonyx @Baryonyx UK member here, and I'm certainly interested too!

Gwangi

You all are making me think I should really get this thing. Second chances in this hobby are rare.

Dynomikegojira

GojiraGuy1954

I never got the hype about Banjo. I've wanted an Australovenator figure made for a long time but imo this one has a multitude of problems
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Concavenator

Excuse me?

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy when was that announcement made?  ;D I can't believe that, after at least 2+ years of nobody even talking about this company, I randomly ask one day what happened with them, and this shows up!

This is awesome news! Shipping costs to Spain are 18,98€, more than the figure itself (which costs 18,95€). Not cheap, but considering it comes all the way from Australia, I'd expected them to be higher. The total price would be 37,93€ which is in the PNSO range if not slightly cheaper.

Super happy with this! I hope they sell a lot, that way they might offer more releases in the future!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: