News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dreadmanes prehistoric photography

Started by dreadmane, May 29, 2015, 05:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mamasaurus

I can't believe I haven't commented on this thread yet.

Your dioramas are truly lovely, and it's a testament of your skill that Papo's models look like real animals.  I really like the sense of scale in the swimming spinosaurus, and the crocadilian way it's swimming really makes it look alive. Your underwater shots are also particularly lifelike. I'm looking forward to see more!  :))

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

dreadmane

Quote from: Polihierax on January 13, 2016, 04:52:37 PM
The frozen mammoth is amazing! Such a ingenious idea!  ^-^

Thank you Polihierax, glad you like my mammoth  ^-^

Quote from: Mamasaurus on January 13, 2016, 06:42:15 PM
I can't believe I haven't commented on this thread yet.

Your dioramas are truly lovely, and it's a testament of your skill that Papo's models look like real animals.  I really like the sense of scale in the swimming spinosaurus, and the crocadilian way it's swimming really makes it look alive. Your underwater shots are also particularly lifelike. I'm looking forward to see more!  :))

Thanks Mamasaurus, much appreciated :)! I´ve had a long break but now Iam back and I will try to post some new dioramas in the near future :).
Check out my prehistoric toy/model photography on the Dinosaur Toy Forum here or Instagram here

dreadmane

I would like to thank everybody voting for my diorama "Uninvited Guests" in the 2015 diorama contest. Iam really glad it made it so for and got a third place, all thanks to you guys :)!
The picture was taken at my kitchen table around midnight, pitchblack, with only the neanderthals burning stick and a tealight for lightning.

Check out my prehistoric toy/model photography on the Dinosaur Toy Forum here or Instagram here

PaleoMatt

Simon

You know, I always wondered something about your diorama photo above - WHO were the "Uninvited Guests"?

The bears - or the cavemen?   ;D

dreadmane

Quote from: Simon on January 13, 2016, 09:31:50 PM
You know, I always wondered something about your diorama photo above - WHO were the "Uninvited Guests"?

The bears - or the cavemen?   ;D

The original though was that the neanderthals where intruding in the cave bears home, but I guess it works both ways :).

dreadmane

Hi all, got some spare time so I thought I would shoot some snowy dioramas, heres the result! :)

Y-rex in the woods

Charging Coelodonta

PaleoMatt

Once again I am stunned from your dioramas! These are the best!

Viking Spawn

Your photography is beautiful! 

I can't believe I haven't seen this thread before!

Rain

Wow , that first picture really makes me want to get the yutyrannus and that's saying a lot considering I'm not too fond of it.

AcroSauroTaurus

Wow, those are some of the best dioramas I've ever seen... The underwater shots look real, especially the Attenborosaurus ones. Keep up the good work!
I am the Dinosaur King!

dreadmane

Thank you TE Matt, Viking Spawn, Rain and AcroSauroTaurus for your compliments!:)

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: dreadmane on January 24, 2016, 07:28:10 AM
Thank you TE Matt, Viking Spawn, Rain and AcroSauroTaurus for your compliments!:)

You can call me Acro for short. 8) If thats easier then typing my whole username.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Arul

dreadmane

Hello everyone!

Iam finally back after a long break and I have started a prehistoric book project. For that I need lots of new photos. Here are some of the latest:

Stalker

Strider

Mini Minmi

Very nice, I like how the lighting gives a different sense of scale in each picture.

Libraraptor

Jose S.M.

That Triceratops picture looks great! Very realistic.

dreadmane

Thanks Jose_S.M., Libraraptor and Mini Minmi for your kind comments!

dreadmane

During my last photoshoot my camera suddenly suffered an electronic meltdown and had to be sent to be repaired  :'(.
I managed to one shot though :)

River crossing

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: