You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Dead Triceratops: "The Fallen Queen"

Started by joossa, July 22, 2015, 04:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

Rebor Dead Triceratops "The Fallen Queen"
Alternate base to be used with the Rebor King Rex.
Second Act in the Rebor T-rex VS Triceratops diorama named: "Sorrow"
Solid polystone statue. Weighs around 550 grams. Comes in Rebor-style packaging with simple instruction card.
Version 2 will "feature enhanced skin textures and a new colour scheme which is closer related to baby Triceratops "Hezelnut" and the coming alpha male Triceratops " King Trident". To be released in 2017. Version 1 was discontinued after the announcement of version 2.
Scale: 1/35
Tease Image Release Date: N/A
Black and White Image Release Date: 06/02/15
Color Image Release Date: 10/02/15: FB Color Image Banner, 10/14/15: Official Color Image, 10/16/15: Additional Official Color Images
Estimated Date Product Available for Purchase: October-November, 2015

This thread is for specific discussion on Rebor's Dead Triceratops "The Fallen Queen". Below are Rebor's statements on this product and product images from their FaceBook page and from this forum.

Quotes:

06/02/15:
QuoteREBOR T-rex VS Triceratops diorama features three acts, Act One: Conquest, Act Two: Sorrow, Act Three: Revenge.

We have released the Firs Act which is the King T-rex, now it's about time to move on to the Second Act. This is a 1:35 scale prototype sculpture of a 7 metre long female adult Triceratops, we named her "The Fallen Queen". Brave but simply cannot match the might of the King T-rex, she was stricken down and faded like a rose in the storm.

Enough spoilers, now try to figure out what the Third Act will be :)

10/13/15:
QuoteThe bottom label of The Fallen Queen, official photos are on the way. That sweet sweet fulfilment when the diorama is slowly coming together :)

10/14/15:
QuoteFinally! REBOR 1:35 female Triceratops horridus corpse statue nickname "The Fallen Queen" will be released this month. Now don't just take her as "the base of King T-rex", She is actually a solid polystone statue with a rich paint application, the final product weights around 550 grams (King T-rex weights around 600 grams), therefore even without the King, she is still an impressive display piece on her own :)

10/16/15:
QuoteMore official photos available! Since it is a proper REBOR 1:35 scale replica rather than just a base, this statue will also have the REBOR style packaging, and a simple instruction card will be included, no info card though, the silhouette of a dead Triceratops really doesn't look good on it, so we are saving the bio of Triceratops horridus for the mighty King Trident :)

03/27/17:
QuoteBreaking news - the original REBOR 1:35 female Triceratops corpse statue "The Fallen Queen" is now cancelled, instead we proudly present you REBOR "The Fallen Queen Ver.2" features enhanced skin textures and a new colour scheme which is closer related to baby Triceratops "Hezelnut" and the coming alpha male Triceratops " King Trident"!

Black and White Image (06/02/15):

Black and White Image with Rebor's Rex (06/02/15):

Color Image Used in Rebor's FB Banner (10/02/15):

Bottom Label (10/13/15):

Official Color Image (10/14/15):

Additional Official Color Images (10/16/15):

Official Color Images of Version 2 (03/27/17):

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Victoria's Cantina

Thank you. I'm not sure how I feel about buying a "dead" dinosaur, but since it'll potentially help my T-Rex stand I'll consider it.

joossa

UPDATE: After a little more searching, I found a copy of their post on MiniZoo's FB page. First page updated with more info!

Hey guys,
I'm going to need some help with this one. I cannot find any quotes directly from Rebor about this product. However, I do remember reading something along the lines of this on their FB page or somewhere on this forum (I think):

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on June 02, 2015, 11:52:41 AM
To elaborate, they're saying that the King T. rex statue was the first in a diorama.  Part One is "Conquest" referring to our Tyrant Lizard.  Part Two, as pictured above, is "Sorrow", a fallen female Triceratops that the king brought down.  Part Three is "Revenge" which potentially means another Triceratops getting ready for a good old fashioned prehistoric beat down.

The problem is that I go to their FB page and go back in their timeline and do not see any post(s) on this. The two images above are in their photos section, but with no comments. I scouted the General Rebor and King T-Rex topics on this forum, but no luck finding anything. If anyone knows where some quotes or information about this model are located that are directly from Rebor, please post them or a link and I will add to and modify the first post info and topic title.

The information has to be written/provided by Rebor or else it is not considered official and will not be added to the first post. I hesitate to call this something like "Fallen Queen Triceratops" if Rebor has not used that name yet/we don't have a direct quote to prove it. For now, I'm using an obvious placeholder: "Dead Triceratops".

Or.... better yet.... Rebor rep, if you see this and would like to provide some info on this, it would be fantastic.

Thanks!
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Would be more interesting if it were a juvenile animal..at the scale it is compared to the Rex it looks like a dwarf adult animal?

Takama

Maybe it should be called, the Fallen Princess.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on July 22, 2015, 04:36:13 AM
Maybe it should be called, the Fallen Princess.

It wouldn't really help I don't think because it looks like an adult animal..only shrunken. :/

Viking Spawn

I just want to see the male Triceratops already!  "Revenge" will probably be some cool dynamic pose of the animal getting ready to charge!  Not only that, Triceratops is one of my favorites as well!

Arul

Emm maybe because it laying down so it looks smaller...emm hehe no ? Sorry. But still good stuff to replace that green stone  :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ARUL on July 22, 2015, 05:07:16 AM
Emm maybe because it laying down so it looks smaller...emm hehe no ? Sorry. But still good stuff to replace that green stone  :D

That goes without saying..lol 

A single adult Trike skull would also have looked pretty sweet though..options, gotta love em'! lol

Roselaar

Sad, but looks good!

Third act will no doubt ought to be a couple of Rex chicks, to let us know poor Trike didn't die in vain and the circle of life continues. It would also make Rex a bit more sympathetic.

suspsy

I would have liked it better if it were a male Triceratops who got killed and the female is the one out for revenge.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

True, I'd already Rebor or other company had the courage to do carnivorous dinosaurs gored and killed by ceratópsidos, ankylosauroideos or sauropods.

I would like to see a tyrannosaurus pierced by the horns of a triceratops.

Also it would be interesting to Ankylosaurus shred with his mace the leg of a tyrannosaurus.

Tapejara1122

That trike looks like its the same size as the WS one. Maybe a bit bigger.  :-\

"You know, at times like this one feels, well, perhaps extinct animals should be left extinct". - Ian Malcolm

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 22, 2015, 03:07:06 PM
True, I'd already Rebor or other company had the courage to do carnivorous dinosaurs gored and killed by ceratópsidos, ankylosauroideos or sauropods.

I would like to see a tyrannosaurus pierced by the horns of a triceratops.

Also it would be interesting to Ankylosaurus shred with his mace the leg of a tyrannosaurus.

Viking Spawn

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 22, 2015, 04:34:56 AM
Would be more interesting if it were a juvenile animal..at the scale it is compared to the Rex it looks like a dwarf adult animal?

It actually is a juvenile. Note that the only skull specimens with prominent epiossification spikes along the frill are in the medium to small size class, like YPM 1822 and YPM 1823.

An adult Triceratops would have a smooth frill margin with flattened ossifications, like TCM 2001.93.1 ("Kelsey") and MWC 7584, one of the biggest skulls known, I think.
(Note the back of the skull is restored with large spikes, probably incorrectly).
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Fluffysaurus

Wonder when we Will see this beauty, hope soon. Would be awesome for Rex to have that one under its feet.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on July 27, 2015, 06:55:04 PM

It actually is a juvenile. Note that the only skull specimens with prominent epiossification spikes along the frill are in the medium to small size class, like YPM 1822 and YPM 1823.

An adult Triceratops would have a smooth frill margin with flattened ossifications, like TCM 2001.93.1 ("Kelsey") and MWC 7584, one of the biggest skulls known, I think.
(Note the back of the skull is restored with large spikes, probably incorrectly).

But it's overall skull appearance aside from the spikes on the frill looks like a much older animal. The eyes are tiny, the horns long..they even call it a " Queen" and not a "Princess". Makes me question what they were going for.

This looks much more like a juvenile to me :

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 27, 2015, 09:56:20 PM
Quote from: Dinoguy2 on July 27, 2015, 06:55:04 PM

But it's overall skull appearance aside from the spikes on the frill looks like a much older animal. The eyes are tiny, the horns long..they even call it a " Queen" and not a "Princess". Makes me question what they were going for.

This looks much more like a juvenile to me :

Well, ok, maybe I should say subadult rather than juvenile. The pic you posted I'd call a baby (and the specimen the Sideshow statue is based on is in the chart I posted if you look closely, it's tiny! The whole skull would fit into the eye socket of Kelsey). If I showed you a picture of a 12 year old human, I'd say it was a juvenile, and showing a picture of a 2 year old wouldn't change that. There are more than two growth stages :)

Anyway my point is that any Triceratops with frill spikes is not a fully grown adult, by definition. This includes the excellent Battat Triceratops, which is only 1:40 scale if it were a large adult, which it clearly isn't.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: