You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Silvanusaurus' Customs - New Megalosaurus Photos

Started by Silvanusaurus, August 23, 2015, 12:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on January 20, 2016, 04:19:17 AM
Do you plan on adding scars to her too like the rex? Or does she already have her "battle scars"? She looks really cool. I wish I could do that, well... maybe I can, I've never tried modifying a figure that much.

There are quite a few smaller scars and scratches that don't show up in these photos, which will hopefully stand out more once she is fully painted, there aren't any as prominent as those on the T rex, but she probably has a bit more wear and tear over-all.

Rathalosaurus

This lady is wonderful!!! The feet seem rather odd to me, but it adds to her character.
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Halichoeres

Looks phenomenal. Can't wait to see it with paint on.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Mamasaurus

Amazing detail! She's got quite the character, kinda like stories of the old woman who lives down the street. The house that nobody visits on Halloween.  ;). I am looking forward to seeing how the paint makes her shine  ^-^

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on January 20, 2016, 10:13:53 AM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on January 20, 2016, 04:19:17 AM
Do you plan on adding scars to her too like the rex? Or does she already have her "battle scars"? She looks really cool. I wish I could do that, well... maybe I can, I've never tried modifying a figure that much.

There are quite a few smaller scars and scratches that don't show up in these photos, which will hopefully stand out more once she is fully painted, there aren't any as prominent as those on the T rex, but she probably has a bit more wear and tear over-all.

Ok, I guess I was just looking for any easily visible ones... She'll look really good when she's painted! Even unpainted she still looks amazing, great job.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Silvanusaurus

Take care beside the Wealden's bank,
beware fetid water, lying rank,
lest stirs amidst the swamp and squalor,
the hulking hag, the haggard horror,
as though from sodden earth was born
a dank and dreadful titan form,
no beast of myth to match her jaws,
nor dragon match her heavy claws,
she'll drag you with her teeth stained green,
down to the mire, where Jenny's queen.

Well, there is my first attempt at merging two things I love: dinosaurs and poetry, and here is Jenny Greenteeth herself below. Lighting conditions weren't ideal, I'd hoped to post some images out in natural light as it generally looks better, but the weather here has not been appropriate. With the paint I wanted her to look like the physical embodiment of the swamp where she hunts... the mud, the weeds, the algae, the decaying plants... She looks quite unhealthy actually. It's hard to distinguish some of the variations of colour in these photographs, I tend to paint these figures as I would a water-colour painting, so there aren't any clean lines or anything, but I think it works for her character, just a quagmire of tones... I decided to allow the slight sheen of the varnish in the hope it would work well with her watery habitat.
I'd really like to place her into some kind of diorama, emerging from some water...
Anyway, what do you think, will she make a good companion to Papo's Baryonyx?

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think she's awesome! The poem really suits her as well and fleshes out her personality.  The color choices are perfect, really reminds me of an algae covered snapping turtle ..really old, really cranky and perfectly camouflaged. 

Megalosaurus

Your customization is very good.
Althought it SCARES ME. I don't want to swim near that oldie lady.

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on January 25, 2016, 08:27:37 PM
[...]
Anyway, what do you think, will she make a good companion to Papo's Baryonyx?

I don't think so. Jenny is pretty enough, but the artistic style is very different in both figures. But how about customize the Papo Bary to get Jenny a proper companion?
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

AcroSauroTaurus

Wow, she looks great! You did a good job. And I can see the scars more clearly now... haha. Especially that large gash in front of her thigh.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Dobber

These customs are AMAZING! What do you use to sculpt with?

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

MLMjp

If you wanted to do a Baryonyx that is very disgusting, You have succeed man, You have succeed!!

Please don´t get mad at me, I´m pretty sure that it was your intention to do a very......I don't have words to describe it.....looking Baryonyx. IT IS a great custom and it gives this figure a lot of personality and character. But every time I look at that texture on the back it gives me goosebumps.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Megalosaurus on January 25, 2016, 11:59:31 PM
Your customization is very good.
Althought it SCARES ME. I don't want to swim near that oldie lady.
Quote from: MLMjp on January 26, 2016, 07:09:42 PM
If you wanted to do a Baryonyx that is very disgusting, You have succeed man, You have succeed!!

Please don´t get mad at me, I´m pretty sure that it was your intention to do a very......I don't have words to describe it.....looking Baryonyx. IT IS a great custom and it gives this figure a lot of personality and character. But every time I look at that texture on the back it gives me goosebumps.

Good... yes... very good...  >:D
Jenny can smell your fear...

To be honest, if you find it unsettling, I take that as a great compliment.  ;)

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Dobber on January 26, 2016, 04:00:51 PM
These customs are AMAZING! What do you use to sculpt with?

Chris

Imagination ;)
Or in other words; 'green stuff' epoxy putty, shaped with various pointed metal tools (designed for clay I think), or sometimes sewing needles for fine details.

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

Silvanusaurus

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

Silvanusaurus

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on January 27, 2016, 12:58:14 AM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on January 27, 2016, 12:56:11 AM

Megalosaurus of Notre Dame? :))

Oh no, he'll be quite British. ;)

I know, I was just making a reference to the figures pose... ;D So what do you have planned for it?
I am the Dinosaur King!

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on January 27, 2016, 01:02:04 AM

I know, I was just making a reference to the figures pose... ;D So what do you have planned for it?

Well, I wouldn't want to ruin such a glorious figure, so I was thinking of customising a different figure into a more realistic megalosaurus, but paying tribute to this one with it's colouring and some of it's odd proportions... Mainly, I just want to make a good believable megalosaurus, as the current ones available leave a lot to be desired. But this yellow gem is the inspiration, I just find its ugly awkwardness quite endearing for some reason.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: